I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

[quote name='Danish viking;

@ cruzingduo

The CPH Card is validated when you use it the first time.

I don´t know of any other limits to the card other than the one canal tour per day.

Danish Viking' date='

Thank you so much for all your help.

I have some questions about the Copenhagen card. If we want to buy the 24-hour card on a Sunday to start using it on Monday morning, where can we buy it? (We are staying at the Best Western Hebron.) Is it available at the train station? What are the hours when they are opened on a Sunday? Where else can we buy it in the area? If we want to use it first to ride a bus, how do we validate it? With the same yellow boxes that you would use for the clip card (klippekort) or some other way? Do we need to ask the bus driver?

Great to hear that you enjoyed the Roskilde festival!

Lise

[quote name='Danish viking;

@ cruzingduo

The CPH Card is validated when you use it the first time.

I don´t know of any other limits to the card other than the one canal tour per day.

Danish Viking' date='

Thank you so much for all your help.

I have some questions about the Copenhagen card. If we want to buy the 24-hour card on a Sunday to start using it on Monday morning, where can we buy it? (We are staying at the Best Western Hebron.) Is it available at the train station? What are the hours when they are opened on a Sunday? Where else can we buy it in the area? If we want to use it first to ride a bus, how do we validate it? With the same yellow boxes that you would use for the clip card (klippekort) or some other way? Do we need to ask the bus driver?

Great to hear that you enjoyed the Roskilde festival!

Lise

The Best Western Hotel Hebron sells the Copenhagen Card - we bought from them back in June when we stayed there. The airport also sells the card.

We will be in Copenhagen for only one night (July 21) and would like to experience a typical (yet good) restaurant...do you have any suggestions? We are staying at the Marriott and would prefer some place close but we don't mind hoping in a cab either.

Thanks!

@ ttaylor323

Here is a list of restaurants serving danish dishes.

http://www.aok.dk/soeg#what:Restaurant%20og%20caf%C3%A9;where::Indre%20By;what_sub::Fransk%2Fdansk

Tivoli also has some good restaurants, like Den Skaldede Kok, Færgekroen, Grøften, Promenaden, Søcaféen,

http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-6574.htm

@ harryw

Vesterbros Originale Burgerrestaurant is a good place to eat burgers is located on Istedgade 36.

http://www.vb-burgers.dk/velkommen

The ferris wheel is to small for that (I'm guessing around 20 metres) but the attraction next by, a tall tower where you will circulating in medium speeds at around 80 metres in the air is probably more suited.

But the only cons is that your seat is dangling from 4 thin chains around 80 metres up in the air, but it's not fast or anything.

Danish Viking,

Our friends are in Copenhagen now and they thought that most trips on the bus within the city (for example between the train station and Rosenborg or the Resistance museum) would be a 1-zone trip. I thought you said before that every trip within the city except for going to the airport would be a 2-zone trip. Please explain again... within the city is it a 1-zone or 2-zone trip?

Thanks again for all your help, Lise

Danish Viking and Homeagain,

Thank you very much for the information. It was very helpful. Only write the date in the back... I can do that! :)

They sell the card at the hotel; wow! that's great! :D

Thanks, Lise

Danish Viking, we only write the date on the back of the Copenhagen Card?

But it's a 24 hour card... so let's say I use it to get on the train from Freeport to Central Station for the first time on a Saturday at 8 am ---- but I want to use my 24 hours to cover my train ride from Central Station to the airport on Sunday at 4 am --- how will they know I am still within my 24 hours if all it has is a date?

Sorry, both date and time that you have to write down, its date, month year and clock.

One example could be 20.07.(20)12 and time will then be 19:43, I can't remember if the year is printed on or if you have to write down all 4 digits or just the last 2.

Also notice that it is day, month and year and the clock is in Zulu time or military time or whatever the 24 hour clock system is called. :D

Danish Viking ---

One more question regarding traveling from the airport to Freeport pier. This is on a Saturday, so I understand that Bus 26 doesn't run.

On a previous response to me, you had said to take the train from the airport to Osterport station, transfer to the S-train to Nordhavn Station and then walk to Freeport.

I had read somewhere else that someone suggested taking the Metro from the airport to Norreport, then switching to the S-train from Norreport to Nordhavn Station.

Is the cost of both options the same? 36 DKK for an adult for single journey?

Given the options, would you do train or metro? Which one runs more frequently?

Thank you!

The price is the same and the Metro runs more frequently than the Øresund (airport) train.

But Nørreport is one big construction site at the moment so its not the most convenient place to change trains at.

Perfect! Exactly the kind of information I am looking for! I will hope that the airport train comes not too long after I arrive at the airport so I don't have to think about even taking the metro.

Thank you!

Hi, we will be in Copenhagen for a couple of days pre-cruise in a couple of weeks. My teenage son is a very picky eater, likes plain food, no sauces, chicken, plain pasta, fruit, veggies. Eating at a buffet would not be a good idea, would not get our money's worth. Are there any reasonably priced restaurants we could eat at that he could enjoy besides fast food restaurants? Thanks!

Hi Danish Viking. First of all, thanks for all your info!

Hopefully you can give me some help with my travel conundrum: In August we are flying into CPH a day early to catch cruise. Our flight gets in around 5pm so assuming we are not totally jet-lagged, what might you suggest we do in the evening? Tivoli Garden? Or is there some "old town" area where we could soak up some local atmosphere (and perhaps some Carlsberg Elephants :] )?...

We actually will also have time the next day since we do not need to board the ship until 3pm. Maybe a museum?

We are staying at the airport Hilton. I would prefer to utilize public transportation for wherever you might recommend.

Thanks again!

RK

Archived