I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

We will be in Copenhagen a couple of days before cruising on the Emerald Princess, staying at the Hotel Tiffany.

We are of the understanding that their embarkation port is further out of town..Orientkaj Road is this correct?

Is it possible to take a train to nearest station and walk as we do not have to be there til 1-2pm etc or how do you recommend we get there?

Any info you can provide would be appreciated

....cheers

Any northbound S-train towards Klampenborg, Holte, Hillerød and Farum stops at Nordhavn station where the cruise terminal is in walking distance and they have painted a line on the sidewalk so you won´t get lost and the cruise ships are visible all the time.

Any northbound S-train towards Klampenborg, Holte, Hillerød and Farum stops at Nordhavn station where the cruise terminal is in walking distance and they have painted a line on the sidewalk so you won´t get lost and the cruise ships are visible all the time.

Could you please tell me:

1. How much is the taxi cost from Princess' cruise ship terminal to the airport?

2. Any additional charges for luggage?

3. How long will the ride be (around 10 a.m.)?

4. Is it easy to get a taxi from the port to the airport (around 10 a.m.)?

5. If my flight is at 2 p.m., what time should I get to the airport?

Thank you for your assistance!

1) Around 300 DKK, more expensive if the motorway is used and cheaper if regular streets are used.

2) 20 DKK if he needs to help you but most driver don´t add this fee because of kindness.

3) Around 20-25 minutes

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Orientkaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=K%C3%B8benhavns+Lufthavn,+Kastrup&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.875311,11.228027&sspn=8.588662,19.665527&geocode=FX8SUgMdSEPAACkdaQn26lJSRjFoIC8HvzE4tA%3BFWPTUAMdTgDBACELs1og_7yV_A&mra=ls&t=h&z=12

4) Yes there are alot of taxis waiting at the freeport terminal.

5) http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Before+Departure/

hello Danish Viking!

thanks for being so generous with your time...great service you are doing here :)

Can you please advise me....Our ship will be docking in Copenhagen at 8 am on 24th August and leave at 5 pm. We plan not to take an excursion and explore the port city on our own. Any pointers as to what we can accomplish in a day? ...Some important sites to see and still make it back to the ship on time..? Your smart advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Antonio

Yes but i need pier location or ships name and time in port.

Thanks for the reply. The ship is '' Jewel of the seas'', docking at langelinie pier at 8 am on 24th August.We will be in port till 5 pm.

-Train from airport to Central Station: 36 DKK

-Entrance to Tivoli: 95 DKK

-DFDS Canal Tours: 70 DKK

-The Round Tower (Rundetårn): 25 DKK

-The Resistance Museum: Free (closed on mondays)

-1h bus/train ride in the city: 24,-

-Copenhagen Card (which give free admission to all of the above) 24h: 229 DKK

So it's cheaper and much easier with the Copenhagen Card, which can be bought online or at the ticket office at the airport. (They accept cards with PIN-code and Euro/Dollars. But the exchange rate is poor.

just wondering so if I buy 24 hr CC: and I get there at 12noon, I can use the card until 12 noon of the following day right? not just for the first day. Thanks for your help.

@ feb08paris

Its the full 24 hours.

@ andi99

You could start by walking by the little mermaid, Kastellet fortress and then down to Rosenborg Castle and the crown jewels either directly or by the park Østre Anlæg where the botanical garden is located.

From Rosenborg you can walk to Amalienborg to see the changing of the guard at noon an see the royal museum after that.

Then a short walk to Nyhavn where you can take a 1 hour canal tour and after that a nice cold Carlsberg or Tuborg Beer at Nyhavn.

Now you can either see the amber museum located at Kongen Nytorv next to Nyhavn or go directly to the pedestrian street Strøget.

On strøget you can make a short visit to Købmagergade where the Round Tower is located and then in then further on to Christiansborg here the parlament is located and down to the national museum.

If times permit the Glyptotek is located close by.

Bus number 26 stops at the national museum and takes you back to Langelinie just in time

The bus at 15:43 and 16:03 from Stormbroen, Nationalmuseet will get you to Langelinie in 22 minutes.

http://map.krak.dk/m/a7YKZ

Danish Viking, Thanks so much for all your postings here. We've found our way around Copenhagen with very few problems. We even managed to get to our hotel after disembarking on Sunday --- when the S-Tog was disrupted at Norreport. We just took the bus to Vesterport.

We should be on a flight home right now, but a cancelled flight gives us one more night in Copenhagen --- and a great view from our hotel for tonight.

@ feb08paris

Its the full 24 hours.

@ andi99

You could start by walking by the little mermaid, Kastellet fortress and then down to Rosenborg Castle and the crown jewels either directly or by the park Østre Anlæg where the botanical garden is located.

From Rosenborg you can walk to Amalienborg to see the changing of the guard at noon an see the royal museum after that.

Then a short walk to Nyhavn where you can take a 1 hour canal tour and after that a nice cold Carlsberg or Tuborg Beer at Nyhavn.

Now you can either see the amber museum located at Kongen Nytorv next to Nyhavn or go directly to the pedestrian street Strøget.

On strøget you can make a short visit to Købmagergade where the Round Tower is located and then in then further on to Christiansborg here the parlament is located and down to the national museum.

If times permit the Glyptotek is located close by.

Bus number 26 stops at the national museum and takes you back to Langelinie just in time

The bus at 15:43 and 16:03 from Stormbroen, Nationalmuseet will get you to Langelinie in 22 minutes.

http://map.krak.dk/m/a7YKZ

Hello Danish Viking,

Thanks a lot !! that was very kind of you. Shall carry this itinerary along with me.. :)

@ joy2day

I´m sorry to hear about your train journey, but the construction of some new tracks and track repairs just outside the central station took a little bit longer than exspected.

But now they are finished and the S-trains now has 2 tracks in the southern direction, so trains heading for the south and western part of Copenhagen can depart on the same time now.

S-trains coming into the central station from the south and west already has 2 tracks to use.

@ andi99

When i go through the schedule again it looks like that the Glyptotek is not an option because of the limited time because i think that your canal tour ends around 13:30 so the clock is probably close to 15:00 when you hit the national museum so mayber its gonna be a quick look but its free so no waste of money if you only use 30 minutes inside.

Or you could skip the Round Tower (the little detour on the last part of the route) and use more time in the national museum.

@Viking Just back a few days ago. Flawless travel to Ærø, Hillerød and Helsingør! Really appreciate all the info you provided.

I took a few photos getting to/from Freeport, in case they're of help to anyone. Link (all photos can be linked via the Share button)

IMG1349-M.jpg

When you arrived at the freeport terminal did you use the main entrance or could you use the small gate showed in one of your pictures.

Because if the small gate can be used then the walking time from Nordhavn station can be way shorter compared to walking up to the main gate.

When you arrived at the freeport terminal did you use the main entrance or could you use the small gate showed in one of your pictures.

Because if the small gate can be used then the walking time from Nordhavn station can be way shorter compared to walking up to the main gate.

The gate was open. There's no blue line, once you get inside. We just walked toward the ship and eventually picked up the blue line. Fortunately, it doesn't really take anymore walking to see if the gate is open. Quite a few folks were using it.

IMG1355-L.jpg

Hi Danish Viking, We can get a very very good deal at the Bella Sky Comwell Hotel. My question is how difficult is it to get there by public transportation from the airport, or about how much would it cost by taxi from the airport. It looks like it would be fairly easy to use public transportation from the hotel into downtown Copenhagen, is that true? Thanks for your help. You are such a wonderful asset to us!!

@ sfBRAD

definately Louisiana Museum because its leagues over Arken.

@ swin26

From the airport you just take the train towards Nivå or Helsingør and 2 stops later at Ørestad you change to the Metro line M1 towards Vanløse and take it one stop to Bella Center.

A taxi would be around 100 DKK and 1 single ticket with the train cost 24 DKK

M1 will also get you to the center of Copenhagen at Kongens Nytorv.

Maybe 350 DKK for a trip to the airport is not entirely right, last time i took a taxi home from Copenhagen was with the expensive nigh fares and it ended up with 798 DKK for a 40 km trip.

The longest distance from the freeport terminal to the airport is around 18 km using the freeway and by the normal streets (Amagerbrogade or Englandsvej) its only 12 -14 km and shorter if the distance is from Langelinie Pier or downtown instead of the freeport.

FYI, our recent taxi ride from Freeport terminal (quay 254 off Orientkaj) to Terminal 3 at the airport was 255 DKK.

Archived