I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

The Emerald Princess is in Helsingborg from 10 AM - 6 PM on July 14th. The Three Cities tour would leave from there. The ship arrives in Copenhagen that same day at 9 PM. The listed tour time is 8 hours. Have you taken this tour? Will we see anything of Copenhagen on the way to the ship? We wouldn't need to change flights if we did this option.

The Emerald Princess is in Helsingborg from 10 AM - 6 PM on July 14th. The Three Cities tour would leave from there. The ship arrives in Copenhagen that same day at 9 PM. The listed tour time is 8 hours. Have you taken this tour? Will we see anything of Copenhagen on the way to the ship? We wouldn't need to change flights if we did this option.

Ok - so the SHIP itself is docking in Helsingborg and then heading to CPH later that same day, and THEN you disembark??

Driving over the bridge and into CPH you won't really see much of CPH at all. I'm assuming your tour will end in/near Radhusplatsen - which is right across from Tivoli.

How much time to you have when you get to CPH to enjoy it? When do you fly out?

Thank you in advance for helping me with this. We are minimalistic luggage people and take public transportation.

Airport to Copenhagen Strand Hotel - metro?

Copenhagen Strand to Freeport terminal - bus or train?

From Freeport terminal to airport - train? This may be a bit of a problem as our flight leaves at 11:00 am and we might splurge on a taxi. Any thoughts?

Thank you for your generosity in helping us navigate in your beautiful city.

Ok - so the SHIP itself is docking in Helsingborg and then heading to CPH later that same day, and THEN you disembark??

Driving over the bridge and into CPH you won't really see much of CPH at all. I'm assuming your tour will end in/near Radhusplatsen - which is right across from Tivoli.

How much time to you have when you get to CPH to enjoy it? When do you fly out?

You are correct, the ship itself is first in Helsingborg, then arrives CPH the same day. The Three Cities tour departs while the ship is in Helsingborg.

I'm afraid we won't have much time in CPH. Princess is making the air reservations so we won't have the flight info for a while yet. We have the option of custom air for the debark tours (Tivoli or Dragoer Village). Or, we could take a canal cruise shortly after the 9 PM arrival in CPH.

I appreciate your help!

You are correct, the ship itself is first in Helsingborg, then arrives CPH the same day. The Three Cities tour departs while the ship is in Helsingborg.

I'm afraid we won't have much time in CPH. Princess is making the air reservations so we won't have the flight info for a while yet. We have the option of custom air for the debark tours (Tivoli or Dragoer Village). Or, we could take a canal cruise shortly after the 9 PM arrival in CPH.

I appreciate your help!

Sounds like the 3 cities tour would be a good way to see more of the area - especially if the alternative is to go back to the ship and sail from Helsingborg to CPH.

For the custom air thing, I guess it's a matter of what you want to spend. Personally, I think that $175 (custom air fee, plus tour price) is a LOT to spend to visit Tivoli.

If you could just get off the 3 cities tour, THEN go to Tivoli - I think that would be very nice.

Question - is the 3 cities thing a PRINCESS tour? Or one that you found online? Do you know where in CPH you finish? Do they bring you back to the ship? or do you end in/near Radhusplatsen??

Thank you in advance for helping me with this. We are minimalistic luggage people and take public transportation.

Airport to Copenhagen Strand Hotel - metro? Yep. The hotel is decently near a metro stop, so providing you are able to walk a bit w/ your luggage, you'll be fine.

Copenhagen Strand to Freeport terminal - bus or train? You probably will have to do a combo of trains/busses. It honestly may just be easier on your sanity to get a cab. Or talk with the ppl at the hotel to plan out your journey. It'd be too complicated trying to walk you though it here without a map/etc.

From Freeport terminal to airport - train? This may be a bit of a problem as our flight leaves at 11:00 am and we might splurge on a taxi.

Personally, I'd take a taxi since getting from Freeport to the train will be interesting enough as it is ... then having to switch trains, etc. - you may as well enjoy your last night on the ship and sleep well knowing that you don't have to think about the logistics of getting to the airport on time.

To me, that's what vacation is. The lovely lack of having to use brain cells.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your generosity in helping us navigate in your beautiful city.

Enjoy your trip!

Sounds like the 3 cities tour would be a good way to see more of the area - especially if the alternative is to go back to the ship and sail from Helsingborg to CPH.

For the custom air thing, I guess it's a matter of what you want to spend. Personally, I think that $175 (custom air fee, plus tour price) is a LOT to spend to visit Tivoli.

If you could just get off the 3 cities tour, THEN go to Tivoli - I think that would be very nice.

Question - is the 3 cities thing a PRINCESS tour? Or one that you found online? Do you know where in CPH you finish? Do they bring you back to the ship? or do you end in/near Radhusplatsen??

The tour is with Princess and it does end at the ship docked in CPH.

The tour is with Princess and it does end at the ship docked in CPH.

ok, well then that sounds like a nice way to see some of Sweden while on your tour too.

not sure how much you'll see of CPH though, as I've never experienced that exact tour, so I don't know if they drive you around a bit in CPH or just straight back to the pier.

Enjoy your time!

I don't know if this has come up before, but you might want to tell these people where to get a meal that won't send them into sticker shock. I eat at a nice little Greek place, but I don't remember the name of it. I saw a Chinese food street vender that was reasonable.

Burger King sent me into sticker shock for many reasons, between the cost of a whopper meal deal and VAT it was an eye opener. Plus, a large coke is 20 ounces for $4 plus a buck for VAT.

Da Bear

I don't know if this has come up before, but you might want to tell these people where to get a meal that won't send them into sticker shock. I eat at a nice little Greek place, but I don't remember the name of it. I saw a Chinese food street vender that was reasonable.

Burger King sent me into sticker shock for many reasons, between the cost of a whopper meal deal and VAT it was an eye opener. Plus, a large coke is 20 ounces for $4 plus a buck for VAT.

Da Bear

It's been mentioned quite extensively in the early pages of this thread that CPH is VERY expensive. :D

I've never seen a Chinese food vendor though, so that is interesting, I'll have to look for one.

The "cheap eats" are the hot dog carts, shawarmas, and pizza from the Turkish stands.

You can also get some great pastry and coffee to tide you over....

Other than that - expect to pay.

We have been offered this hotel instead of the SAS Royal. Just wondering aabout the location to the main sights. How far away is it really? Any other suggestions for centrally located hotels . We will be staying for three nights prior to a Crystal Cruise.

Thanks

We have been offered this hotel instead of the SAS Royal. Just wondering aabout the location to the main sights. How far away is it really? Any other suggestions for centrally located hotels . We will be staying for three nights prior to a Crystal Cruise.

Thanks

That is a nice hotel. It's not toooo far out by any means, just may take a bit of a walk or a short bus ride to get into the city center.

Enjoy!

Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

We have two children, ages 4 and 6 (currently) - so are very well versed in "what do to with kids".

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

Hi,

We are going on a cruise leaving from Copenhagen on the 4th of August. We arrive on the 3rd of August around 4:00 p.m.. We are staying at the Copenhagen Hilton Airport Hotel. What would your suggest that we try to see in such a short time? Would appreciate any advice.

Pat

Hi,

We are going on a cruise leaving from Copenhagen on the 4th of August. We arrive on the 3rd of August around 4:00 p.m.. We are staying at the Copenhagen Hilton Airport Hotel. What would your suggest that we try to see in such a short time? Would appreciate any advice.

Pat

Hello & welcome!

Unfortunately, the Hilton Airport is no where near the city, so you are looking at taking the train into the city center (Copenhagen Central Station is a direct shot from the airport - so it's not hard to do).

If you arrive at 4, get luggage & settled into hotel, and can be on the train by 6, then you should be in downtown CPH by 6:30.

At 6:30 pm most of the smaller shops will be closed - but the "biggies" may still be open. Most of the museums, etc will also be closed at this point.

SO - for your first night, I would suggest that you head directly over to Tivoli and relax, get some dinner, and just enjoy the grounds/rides/etc.

The next day, try to leave by 8am to get into CPH for 8:30. Grab a pastry (or two) and then try to catch the first HOHO tour and try to see Rosenborg Slot and Amalienborg Palace (the grounds, you won't have time to go in). Depending on when your ship departs, you may also have time to walk a bit of the Stroget and do a bit of shopping/window shopping. (The HOHO will stop in Nyhavn - a perfect spot to get off and do the shopping/ lunch). Try to stop in to Royal Copenhagen or Georg Jensen for a quick taste of quintessential Danish design.

If you have bunches of time, a quick trip up the Round Tower is always nice - especially if it's a clear day. Gorgeous views from up there.

Enjoy your time!

:confused: I have an odd question...

I am looking for a particular candy that used to be imported to the US from Denmark but is no longer. It was a childhood favorite and has changed names many times over the years...it was "Broadway Roll" and "Delfa Roll" or "Danish Roll". It is a strawberry licorice that is rolled up into 4 thin rolls.

My husband used to be able to order them for me, but can no longer...if I was able to find them while in Copenhagen in July....it would be better than the cruise itself!

Thanks for any help you can provide....

Hello & welcome!

Unfortunately, the Hilton Airport is no where near the city, so you are looking at taking the train into the city center (Copenhagen Central Station is a direct shot from the airport - so it's not hard to do).

If you arrive at 4, get luggage & settled into hotel, and can be on the train by 6, then you should be in downtown CPH by 6:30.

At 6:30 pm most of the smaller shops will be closed - but the "biggies" may still be open. Most of the museums, etc will also be closed at this point.

SO - for your first night, I would suggest that you head directly over to Tivoli and relax, get some dinner, and just enjoy the grounds/rides/etc.

The next day, try to leave by 8am to get into CPH for 8:30. Grab a pastry (or two) and then try to catch the first HOHO tour and try to see Rosenborg Slot and Amalienborg Palace (the grounds, you won't have time to go in). Depending on when your ship departs, you may also have time to walk a bit of the Stroget and do a bit of shopping/window shopping. (The HOHO will stop in Nyhavn - a perfect spot to get off and do the shopping/ lunch). Try to stop in to Royal Copenhagen or Georg Jensen for a quick taste of quintessential Danish design.

If you have bunches of time, a quick trip up the Round Tower is always nice - especially if it's a clear day. Gorgeous views from up there.

Enjoy your time!

Thank you so much for the information. Do you or anyone else know if we can take our luggage to the port early morning the day of departure and check the luggage in without checking in for the cruise and then go about sightseeing?

Thanks again.

Pat

Hello & welcome!

Enjoy your time!

Sorry forgot to ask. How far is Tivoli Gardens from the stop we get off at in the City Center. What is the name of the stop? The next day do we take the same transportation to get to the pier?

Thank you.

Pat

Thanks Danish Viking...I will pursue it that way. It is my VERY FAVORITE candy in the whole world.

A quick question on topic. ;) My family will be coming into Copenhagen in July for a day and a half before our cruise and I was thinking we would take the metro from the airport to our hotel, the Avenue Hotel (Åboulevard 29 DK-1990 Frederiksberg) and will be arriving with one checked and a small carry on each. Is this acceptable, to use the metro mid-day on a Friday, with suitcases? My kids are all able to handle their own luggage and I am looking for economy as there are 5 of us and a taxi may be a problem with all of us.

Thanks!

Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

We have two children, ages 4 and 6 (currently) - so are very well versed in "what do to with kids".

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

Hi,

I'm very interested in Danish design.

Can you recommend a shop that specializes in it?

Greetings from Holland,

Reico

Archived