Rome in Limo vs Travels in Tuscany in Florence--$$ Difference!

I have quotes from Rome in Limo and Travels in Tuscany for a day in Florence and Pisa. The tours are exactly the same for 6 people. The prices are different!! Rome in Limo has quoted 550 Euros and Travels in Tuscany has quoted 480 Euros . Does anyone think the service will be that different on the 2 tours? I have seen the rave reviews about Rome in Limo and a few for Travels in Tuscany....any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks!

I have booked with Guido of travelsintuscany for July and so far the experience has been very easy as he answers emails straight away and is very helpful and informative. I am confident it will be the same when we tour with him.

We have booked Guido of TravelsinTuscany for early Sept. I had looked at other driver /guides including the one's with Rome in the title. I picked Guido because his business is outside of Florence and is from the area, has a informative web site,and through emails he knew exactly what we wanted do. Maybe the price difference is due to where the car/van will be coming from to pick you up? Also what else is included: any fees, etc.

whatever you decide, you will love your day in Tuscany!!

I have quotes from Rome in Limo and Travels in Tuscany for a day in Florence and Pisa. The tours are exactly the same for 6 people. The prices are different!! Rome in Limo has quoted 550 Euros and Travels in Tuscany has quoted 480 Euros . Does anyone think the service will be that different on the 2 tours? I have seen the rave reviews about Rome in Limo and a few for Travels in Tuscany....any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks!

oops double post mistake

Thanks!

I found similar pricing where Romeinlimo was more. In the end I went with Romeinlimo in 3 ports and got a discount.

Final swing factor was overwhelming postive reviews and larger operation, and going with one operator in all three ports. Best case enjoy the first tour know I'm probably in good shape for the next two. Hate it, tell the driver I'm canceling the other two and take the ship tour or do it myself.

It works out in the sense that the 2nd/3rd ports are for Rome and Florence/Pisa doable do it yourself.

Unfortunantly, I will never really have the opportunity to do a side by side, but perhaps a frequenty cruiser here might actually have had the opportunity to do both...

In the end if you do the math you are talking only about 11 Euros/person or less then 20 US dollar/person. For me the difference was similar so I went with the more expensive and took comfort in that I was saving a bundle over the ship tour :D

You don't always get what you pay for but you alway DO need to pay for what you get.

Happy planning,

• 1 month later...
I have booked with Guido of travelsintuscany for July and so far the experience has been very easy as he answers emails straight away and is very helpful and informative. I am confident it will be the same when we tour with him.

Liz,

I see you are on the July 21st sailing of Carnival Freedom. Bon Voyage!!!

We are on the August 26th sailing with Carnival Freedom. We cannot wait.

Let me know how everything went with Guido from Travels In Tuscany. We also booked our Florence excursion with him.

Liz,

I see you are on the July 21st sailing of Carnival Freedom. Bon Voyage!!!

We are on the August 26th sailing with Carnival Freedom. We cannot wait.

Let me know how everything went with Guido from Travels In Tuscany. We also booked our Florence excursion with him.

I will post a review on the Europe board when I return.

We used Romeinlimo for our Pisa/Florence tour and our Rome tour. We had excellent service with an English speaking driver who talked with us about where we wanted to go and what to see. He took us into the hills of Tuscany, to a winery, a castle hotel, and a monestery. We were very pleased and used them again for Rome the day we were in Rome. He picked us up at the ship and we were off for a very informative tour with a private guide in the vatican (extra). Your fee is very good and you will not go wrong with Romeinlimo......have a great cruise.

We used Rome in Limo also on our transatlantic cruise and were very pleased with the service we received. Our group happened to be in Rome on May 1st which is a hugh holiday in Europe, Thank God we went with them as the crowds were like being in NYC on New Years Eve. Since we were in a van we were able to go places large buses don't have access to. We told them we would like to go to the catacombs and they took us there and had someone buy our tickets so we didn't have to wait on line. When we go back to Italy we will definitely used Duman and Jany from Rome in Limo. They are an awesome team.

We just returned from our cruise and used Rome in Limo for 3 of our tours in Italy, including the one of Florence. Each of the guides was very enthusiastic and accommodating. We had 8 people in our group and it was hard for those in the back to hear the guide. The one mini-van that had a microphone didn't work. I don't know how Travels in Tuscany would be, but you might ask if they use a microphone. We also booked a private tour in Turkey (http://www.leventsolmaz.com) and it was wonderful since there was a separate driver and guide. It was much easier for the guide to explain what we were seeing when he wasn't responsible for driving also. Rome in Limo was reliable and they gave us a discount since we booked three tours with them.

We have booked Guido of TravelsinTuscany for early Sept. I had looked at other driver /guides including the one's with Rome in the title. I picked Guido because his business is outside of Florence and is from the area, has a informative web site,and through emails he knew exactly what we wanted do. Maybe the price difference is due to where the car/van will be coming from to pick you up? Also what else is included: any fees, etc.

whatever you decide, you will love your day in Tuscany!!

Is that Guido of "Tuscany in my Pocket" (maybe he changed his company name). If so, he was great, and everyone's favorite guide as far as the tours off the ship.

We went to Pisa and Florence and he had everything pre-booked for us.

OP will be in for a fabulous day! Btw, he is from Florence. That is his home.

Jade 13, Our guide is Guido Bandinelli. Web site is travelsintuscany.com.

don't know if he is the same person you had. Having been to Tuscany before, we knew what we wanted to do: Pisa,winery,Tuscan lunch,afternoon in Volterra or Lucca. Guido is the driver/guide and "sommelier". He is picking out the winery in Chianti region and the osteria/trattoria to have a Tuscan lunch. He drives a 7 passenger van.

His last email to me in June(we booked this tour in March) was to have a "serene summer until we meet on September 11". Italians have a way with words !!:cool:

Archived