Summer Mediterranean Cruises

FiggyWig

I was wondering about the popularity of Mediterranean cruises in the height of Summer. We are booked on our first ever cruise aboard Solstice Aug 17 09, and started a Roll Call some time ago, but we are still the only ones on there:(

Is it that the med is avoided at August time for fear of it being to hot and the cooler months May/June/Sept/October are preferred? or is it that I'm jumping the gun a bit with the cruise still 13+ months away ?

Any views

Fig

Is it that the med is avoided at August time for fear of it being to hot and the cooler months May/June/Sept/October are preferred? or is it that I'm jumping the gun a bit with the cruise still 13+ months away ?

I think it's probably mostly due to the timing ... as the date gets nearer, there will be more activity.

Have a look at Summit Roll Calls to see what the participation is in roll calls for this summer and next summer...that might give you an idea of what to expect for Solstice Roll Calls.

We were in the Mediterranean in June of 2005 and it was hot! They were having record breaking temperatures at most of the ports we visited. It was in the high 90's the day we were in Rome. But it would have taken more than hot temperatures to dampen that cruise, it was the best cruise ever!!

I think that the current economy and the fear of what the dollar is doing against the Euro that is scaring people off from thinking about Europe for vacation...give it time, they will come. :)

Archived