Late November Cruises-any insight?

calicruise74

HI everyone,

I have been reading these boards for a few days and everyone here has so much great info!

Heres a dilemma so to speak that I am dealing with and hoping for some feedback.

I have a coulple of CCL itineraries in mind between the Elation and the Pride the week prior to Thanksgiving this year. Its my teen daughters birthday and she wants to bring a couple of friends (will be her friends' first cruise). Cant book the week of Thanksgiving as her friends will want to be with their families, so the week before seemed great as her birthday is on the 17th and the price is right!

I am hoping there will be other kids/teens as there has been in many of our other CCL cruises, but we've never sailed during this time of November.

Generally speaking, do you think there be other teens/kids on board during that time period?

One of our cruises was the week after Thanksgiving, and we had an 11 year old with us, she made alot of friends on board. Now since the schools were open again, there was not hundreds of kids on board, but there was enough for our neice to make lots of friends.

Happy cruising

Cruised the week after Thanksgiving last year. Not an overwhelming # of kids on board, but there should be enough for you daughter and friends to have fun with. You also need to know that the waters are not as smooth this time of year as in the summer. Shouldn't be a problem though.

Thanks for your responses :) I supposed I figured there will be some kids, just not as many as during the summer. But the way I thought of it, A cruise is better than no cruise...take it or leave it. :p

I guess what I was wanting to avoid was the girls getting onto me about "there arent any other kids here" and listen to that complaining.

We are booked on the Destiny the week before Thanksgiving. Our 12 year old son will be with us, and I too was worried about there being other kids on the ship. Looks like I don't need to worry!

Georgiagolfer: Our first cruise was on The Big Red Boat in August of 1994. We were on it the last week of August for our 1st Anniversary, and we haven't cruised since. :( We loved it, but budgeting hasn't allowed us to do it again. We're doing this cruise, thanks mostly to our stimulus check. :)

Thanks for your responses :) I supposed I figured there will be some kids, just not as many as during the summer. But the way I thought of it, A cruise is better than no cruise...take it or leave it. :p

I guess what I was wanting to avoid was the girls getting onto me about "there arent any other kids here" and listen to that complaining.

My daughter met one friend on a cruise two years ago. They're still in touch. In fact, we have visited with them since then. Your girls will find other kids their age I will guarrantee it!! My daughter swore there weren't any her age that year and she ended up finding several, including that one friend. It's important for them to go to that first night's orientation for their age group. That's where they'll meet the others and get a schedule for upcoming events. :)

We nearly always cruise around Thanksgiving. We have cruised the week before, during, and after the holiday. We see more kids/teens when cruising the week of Thanksgiving, than the week before or after. This year, we are leaving on Thanksgiving Day, and cruising for 10 days. There won't be many kids/teens on board................

My daughter met one friend on a cruise two years ago. They're still in touch. In fact, we have visited with them since then. Your girls will find other kids their age I will guarrantee it!! My daughter swore there weren't any her age that year and she ended up finding several, including that one friend. It's important for them to go to that first night's orientation for their age group. That's where they'll meet the others and get a schedule for upcoming events. :)

That is great to hear! We had the same situation. My daughter met a gal last summer on the Liberty from Belgium, who spends their summers/christmas in Florida and they have kept in touch. We went to visit them last Dec at their house in Florida. And then we met a family from NJ who came out here in April to meet us at Disneyland.You make friends for life in such a short time. ;)

The responses from everyone has been great :) I am feeling more confident now.

We are booked on the Destiny the week before Thanksgiving. Our 12 year old son will be with us, and I too was worried about there being other kids on the ship. Looks like I don't need to worry!

Georgiagolfer: Our first cruise was on The Big Red Boat in August of 1994. We were on it the last week of August for our 1st Anniversary, and we haven't cruised since. :( We loved it, but budgeting hasn't allowed us to do it again. We're doing this cruise, thanks mostly to our stimulus check. :)

Wow, you're the 1st I've come accross that has actually sailed on the Big Red Boat. Something about the small ships that are special. Glad you're finally in a position to take another cruise. Hope all goes well. Relax and remember you're on vacation.:cool:

Hey Calicruise! Just wanted to let you know that your daughter must be perfect, being born on Nov. 17. It's my birthday too! We are taking our first ever cruise that week on the Triumph. I'll think of her while I'm eating my cake. My DH better be getting those stateroom decorations too!:p

Hey Calicruise! Just wanted to let you know that your daughter must be perfect, being born on Nov. 17. It's my birthday too! We are taking our first ever cruise that week on the Triumph. I'll think of her while I'm eating my cake. My DH better be getting those stateroom decorations too!:p

:) :) That is great! Well then that MUST be a good week for a cruise. Happy Birthday and wow, what a treat...your first cruise on your birthday. Do enjoy and have a blast!! We're also going to get her the decorations.

This is a rare occasion for us as they usually have finals the 3-days before Thanksgiving, and then when her birthday falls on Nov 17, they are all bogged down with studying and we could never plan anything that took away from studying. This year, they are doing finals the week of Nov 10th and the 17th is the following Monday.

Wow, you're the 1st I've come accross that has actually sailed on the Big Red Boat. Something about the small ships that are special. Glad you're finally in a position to take another cruise. Hope all goes well. Relax and remember you're on vacation.:cool:

Iv cruised on the Big Red Boat. I also cruised Carnival several times back then when the waiters still wore white gloves to serve the 7 course dinner. Unfortunately I have no proof of any of those cruises. No credit from Carnival, they lost their computer records.

But I have read quite a few who have been on the Big Red Boat, it wasnt that special when I was on her. lol. seemed tired. Little did I know that now its considered special.

Archived