Lobster Every Night

petesweet

Would someone please explain the "lobster every night" benefit under 2.0? We had lobster one night in the main restaurant and were told it would also be served the last night (it was not). This was on the 12-night Baltics cruise on the Jewel. Maybe it means you could go from one specialty restaurant to another and find lobster in one of them? We did eat in the one no-charge specialty restaurant (Tangos). No lobster there, but it would be hard to incorporate that into Mexican food.:D Just not sure what is being promised here.

(I don't like lobster but was just wondering in case someone should ask me at some point.)

Thanks.

I realize we're not talking the same ship here, but we just came back from a cruise to Bermuda aboard the Dawn. Dinner on the 1st sea day included Grilled Lobster Tail. Later in the week, lobster was included in a seafood dish with pasta. Cagney's offered Surf and Turf every night. Salsas had Lobster Tacos. As far as I'm concerned, NCL delivered what they promised.

The 2.0 initiative regarding lobster states:

Lobster Galore - Lobster in the main restaurant on multiple days and in one restaurant every night of the cruise

I realize we're not talking the same ship here, but we just came back from a cruise to Bermuda aboard the Dawn. Dinner on the 1st sea day included Grilled Lobster Tail. Later in the week, lobster was included in a seafood dish with pasta. Cagney's offered Surf and Turf every night. Salsas had Lobster Tacos. As far as I'm concerned, NCL delivered what they promised.

The 2.0 initiative regarding lobster states:

Lobster Galore - Lobster in the main restaurant on multiple days and in one restaurant every night of the cruise

Thanks - since I'm not a lobster eater, I would not have noticed the inclusion of lobster in a pasta dish, etc. (And I guess we COULD have gotten lobster at Tangos. Didn't know there was such a thing as lobster tacos.)

As I said, I just wanted to know in case anyone asked me.

I live in Dallas, home to TexMex (the CHicken Fajita was created in Dallas) and I believe the lobster taco was created by Dean Fearing, who used to be Executive Chef at The Mansion on Turtle Creek, one of the finest restaurants in Texas. It is served in a soft flour tortilla and muy bueno!!!

the gang that just got off the Star said lobster was on the second

night in main dining..again during the week as a seafood dish..

as part of the 2.0..there is lobster available in the specialty

venue s everynight as well..but, you have to pay for it there:mad:

On the Gem two weeks ago, Lobster tails were served every night in Cagneys, We had it in La Bistro one night. And I think the 4th or 5th night in the Main dining room. We also had Lobster Bisque one night, can't remember where I was eating at. But it was yummy!

I thougth it was great!!

missty

I'm really glad to hear that NCL has stepped up the quality of their food.

In February, we were on the GEM and the food was average at best in the main dining rooms. We're on the Jewel to the Baltics in July and it sounds as if 2.0 is going to make a difference.

I'm really glad to hear that NCL has stepped up the quality of their food.

In February, we were on the GEM and the food was average at best in the main dining rooms. We're on the Jewel to the Baltics in July and it sounds as if 2.0 is going to make a difference.

Len, does serving more lobster improve the quality of the food? :rolleyes:

I realize food is subjective, but we've been cruising with NCL for a few years now and have never been disappointed with the food. We just got off the Dawn to Bermuda and the food was equally as good as we've had before. Perhaps alternative selections, but the quality IMO has always been good and above!

Archived