Boarding with VIP in a group?

Daisyldy3

Hi have a quick question. My family and I will be traveling out of galveston soon on the ecstasy. There are 12 of us total. Of those - 9 are in VIP cabins. The other three are on the same floor but not vip. to confuse matters worse the daughter of one of the vip's is in the non-vip room. My ultimate question after all this babbling is this.... With such a big group and it being a sort of family reunion type situation, does anyone think it possible to slip the 3 non-vip through the vip check in with us as we go through embarkation especially considering one of them is a daughter of another vip? (sorry i didn't mean to sound confusing lol) any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance!

Only speaking for myself

I boarded with a group once. Wife and I and our children were VIP, the others were not.

My wife and I went the other direction. Since others in our group had not paid for nor were they deserving of the VIP check in process, we boarded the old fashion way in order to stay with our group.

We felt the the VIP process is an earned and/or paid for amenity and feel that only those who earned this privlige deserve to use it.

I suggest calling Carnival and posing the question to them about the minor who is the child of a VIP, but staying in a regular cabin. They might relax the rule and let the child go with the parents, or the whole group go VIP together. Who knows what their reply will be until you ask!

I agree, VIP is earned, or paid for. I did feel jilted when the wedding party was let on the ship before the VIP's in Galveston, considering that my total cost for that cruise was something in the area of $3000 (airfaire/hotel/transfers were $1000). I was a sport about it since we were told it would be less than 10 minutes to board and that the cabins wouldn't be ready for a good two hours.....We were still in the first 50 people to board and got a good table on the Lido to sit and wait....

Good question, to which I have no answer! We have a somewhat similar situation on the Conquest in July. My husband and I have a suite, and we're traveling with four minors, our 18 year old son, and both sets of our senior parents (two of whom have some difficulties in walking distances)--but all of them have balcony staterooms, not suites. We are 11 total, with four balcony staterooms and one suite.

I'm assuming they will permit the minor children to board with us VIP, but if they don't permit our parents to, we'll "divide and conquer"...one will take the kids VIP, and the other will go with our 18 year old to assist our parents in regular boarding.

Either way, we're going on a cruise--so no complaints!

I would like to know the answer also, we are going on the Conquest in August, this will be our 1st. Platinum trip & have another couple traveling with us that are not. Will they get the VIP boarding with us?

Doug

See Big Ducks answer, he knows!!! You will get VIP, your friends shouldnt unless all of you are in the same cabin. There is no reason your friends should be in the VIP line.

Big Duck said it well.

Hi have a quick question. My family and I will be traveling out of galveston soon on the ecstasy. There are 12 of us total. Of those - 9 are in VIP cabins. The other three are on the same floor but not vip. to confuse matters worse the daughter of one of the vip's is in the non-vip room. My ultimate question after all this babbling is this.... With such a big group and it being a sort of family reunion type situation, does anyone think it possible to slip the 3 non-vip through the vip check in with us as we go through embarkation especially considering one of them is a daughter of another vip? (sorry i didn't mean to sound confusing lol) any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance!

Good question, to which I have no answer! We have a somewhat similar situation on the Conquest in July. My husband and I have a suite, and we're traveling with four minors, our 18 year old son, and both sets of our senior parents (two of whom have some difficulties in walking distances)--but all of them have balcony staterooms, not suites. We are 11 total, with four balcony staterooms and one suite.

I'm assuming they will permit the minor children to board with us VIP, but if they don't permit our parents to, we'll "divide and conquer"...one will take the kids VIP, and the other will go with our 18 year old to assist our parents in regular boarding.

Either way, we're going on a cruise--so no complaints!

This is my experience... let the bashing begin...

We cruised this past April with a total of 13 people... 6 of us Platinum, the others not... 10 of the 13 related, the other 3 friends of my daughters. Total of 4 cabins, with 3 of those cabins having at least 1 Platinum Passenger. WE ALL got on the VIP line and all had no problem.

So, do I think you should and can all get into the VIP line? YES...

I would like to know the answer also, we are going on the Conquest in August, this will be our 1st. Platinum trip & have another couple traveling with us that are not. Will they get the VIP boarding with us?

Doug

This one I truly believe that either you guys check in separately and plan to meet onboard or you all go on the regular check-in line. I only say this because you are two adult couples, not children, not related. But with that in mind, because it is your 1st PLATINUM (congrats) you really should plan on checking in separately and meeting on the Lido Deck later!!!

. let the bashing begin...

heh, let the bashing begin even more. Im confined to a wheelchair (T 10 paraplegia) I boarded through VIP on the Holiday on Monday June 2nd at Mobile and my whole party (4 adults 1 two year old) got to board with me.

we were all in Main deck cabins and first time cruisers.

Im sure that will really tick some people off around here but THANK YOU Carnival!

heh, let the bashing begin even more. Im confined to a wheelchair (T 10 paraplegia) I boarded through VIP on the Holiday on Monday June 2nd at Mobile and my whole party (4 adults 1 two year old) got to board with me.

we were all in Main deck cabins and first time cruisers.

Im sure that will really tick some people off around here but THANK YOU Carnival!

I see nothing wrong with others boarding with you, so they could all be checked in together. I dont think being in a wheelchair is the same situation as someone getting into a VIP line just because they know someone else booked who deserves it.

I dont see this as apples and apples. The folks checking you in dont know if you need help from the others in your party etc. Enjoy your cruise.

hi and thank you for all your answers.. negative and positive... i just wanted to clarify a few points for those that may need more info.. we are all a family and related so there are no "friends" going.. and all but the three in that one particular room have cruised carnival before. also, there are 5 minors going with us and we have elderly parents that are going with us that need a bit of one on one attention. this is the reason why we are wanting to stay together.. not just to "cut in line because we want to" if we can't all go vip then yes we will all go regular check in. i just was wondering if it was at all possible and if anyone had ever done it before and what was their experience in doing so. i understand the "privilege of vip" and therefore would not ask if there was not a decent and reasonable request for it.

thank you again ;)

From Carnival's FAQ:

Carnival’s VIP Check-in is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum guests (10th cruise or more qualifies), and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations, with special registration privileges. This service is now available at all ports. If you are entitled to these exclusive services, please ask for our VIP Check-in immediately upon arriving at the cruise terminal.

This one I truly believe that either you guys check in separately and plan to meet onboard or you all go on the regular check-in line. I only say this because you are two adult couples, not children, not related. But with that in mind, because it is your 1st PLATINUM (congrats) you really should plan on checking in separately and meeting on the Lido Deck later!!!

Good plan! On my 10th cruise, I will be the only one in my group that will be Platinum. You can be sure that I am going through the VIP line. If they can come, all the better. If they cant, well, I will see them onboard! Plus, its my bachelor party cruise, so they can't get mad at me:D .

I

I agree, VIP is earned, or paid for. I did feel jilted when the wedding party was let on the ship before the VIP's in Galveston, considering that my total cost for that cruise was something in the area of $3000 (airfaire/hotel/transfers were $1000). I was a sport about it since we were told it would be less than 10 minutes to board and that the cabins wouldn't be ready for a good two hours.....We were still in the first 50 people to board and got a good table on the Lido to sit and wait....

Weddings are always the first to board. They have schedules they need to meet.........and the price you pay has no bearing.......

hi and thank you for all your answers.. negative and positive... i just wanted to clarify a few points for those that may need more info.. we are all a family and related so there are no "friends" going.. and all but the three in that one particular room have cruised carnival before. also, there are 5 minors going with us and we have elderly parents that are going with us that need a bit of one on one attention. this is the reason why we are wanting to stay together.. not just to "cut in line because we want to" if we can't all go vip then yes we will all go regular check in. i just was wondering if it was at all possible and if anyone had ever done it before and what was their experience in doing so. i understand the "privilege of vip" and therefore would not ask if there was not a decent and reasonable request for it.

thank you again ;)

Again, since you are family I dont see a problem with it. Unless the VIP line is really crowded they will take you all. If its really crowded, you arent going to save any time anyway going thru the VIP line.

We had a friend going thru the disabled line and it moved so slowly, we almost beat her thru the line.

Is there really that much difference ?? I have never been on Carnival and we do have a suite on our cruise in Oct .. but I figured I would just go with my kids (adults in their 30s) in the regular line .. Does that take hours or what ??????

I booked suite on Freedom and also a balcony room - I was told by Carnival rep that the balcony room could check in with me in VIP check in line.

Is there really that much difference ?? I have never been on Carnival and we do have a suite on our cruise in Oct .. but I figured I would just go with my kids (adults in their 30s) in the regular line .. Does that take hours or what ??????

Unless you are actually booked into a Category 11 or 12 or are Platinum, you are not entitled to the VIP check in line...

And, no, sometimes the "regular" check in line could be quicker or the same as the VIP check in BUT, quite honestly, I really like the VIP check in so we use it all the time. And, in our case, since we always arrive at the Port very early, the one advantage is that we don't have to wait on line to board.

Depends on the port. Non-VIPS in the VIP line can really slow things down because their S&S cards won't be there someone will have to go get them.

Where is Rob?

From past expierience in Galveston, only people in cabins who's docs state VIP are allowed in. However, they will let in a non-VIP if they are going to be on the same sail and sign account as a VIP they are traveling with, same cabin or not.

Archived