travelling with teenagers, quad mini or two cabins?

joannanwb

we have two teenagers and have all squeezed into a quad in the past, but we are just wondering now as the children are young adults maybe two cabins, say one balcony and one inside across the hall would be a better way to go. I know the mini suites are bigger with a seating area and two tvs etc.etc. but we do not spend much time in our cabin as there is so much to enjoy on the ship. What are your experiences?

we have two teenagers and have all squeezed into a quad in the past, but we are just wondering now as the children are young adults maybe two cabins, say one balcony and one inside across the hall would be a better way to go. I know the mini suites are bigger with a seating area and two tvs etc.etc. but we do not spend much time in our cabin as there is so much to enjoy on the ship. What are your experiences?

Well, I know the teenagers would LOVE to have their own cabin! For sure!

If you can afford it, and the kids are responsible, I say go for it.

I agree with Sas, do the second cabin if you can...we are getting our DD17 and her two friends their own cabin. It will be her friends' first cruise and our DD first cabin alone. We are going on the Pride Nov 16 and since the price was so right, we got 2 balcony cabins side by side, one for the girls, one for me and DH.

We get a balcony and put the kids in an interior across the hall. We actually booked them in a balcony cabin once and they were NEVER there. Be sure to set some ground rules. One of our rules is that under no circumstance are they allowed to have visitors in their cabin and under no circumstance are they to enter someone else's cabin.

It might be a good idea to speak to the attendant and offer a pre-cruise tip if your kids are as messy as mine!

our eldest is 17 and both teens are responsible, but even so, we may have one adult in each, I want to be able to sleep at night! this would be our first experience with two cabins as opposed to one quad.

We really enjoy our privacy ;) with the kids across the hall. What we've done is tuck them in bed before heading off the the last performance or dancing or whatever, and then check on them before we retire. Of course with teens, they'll probably be up later than you are! When we sailed with our teen, we had her check in with us before she went to bed (usually waking us up!) And with the mess my kids make, it would not be a vacation sharing with them!

Archived