Minors drinking while in port?

red1der1

it's really none of carnival's business what you do in port, only what happens on board. i must be odd, though. i hear of so many people getting excited over getting their child that first alcoholic drink, like it's some rite of passage or something. i just don't get it. i don't have a problem with someone of legal age drinking, i just don't understand why it's made to be such a big deal. talk about odd - i do remember being taken out to a restaurant for dinner when i got my first womanly cycle. talk about embarrassing - oh honey, let's take our daughter out & celebrate the fact that she has to go through this junk a week out of every month! at least they didn't make an announcement in the restaurant.

it's really none of carnival's business what you do in port, only what happens on board. i must be odd, though. i hear of so many people getting excited over getting their child that first alcoholic drink, like it's some rite of passage or something. i just don't get it. i don't have a problem with someone of legal age drinking, i just don't understand why it's made to be such a big deal. talk about odd - i do remember being taken out to a restaurant for dinner when i got my first womanly cycle. talk about embarrassing - oh honey, let's take our daughter out & celebrate the fact that she has to go through this junk a week out of every month! at least they didn't make an announcement in the restaurant.

I'm sitting at work,, and when I got to the last sentance about the "Coming of age"

I got a mental picture of the carnival singer from "Wild Hogs".. Standing in the middle of a crowded restaraunt,, Singing to a young 14yr old girl about all the joys of "Growing Up".. LMAO<<

Yes,, im sick,, time for my meds.. :D

Good job you weren't on a Carnival cruise :eek: - they sing to you for pretty much everything!

Does Carnival frown upon those who are 18-21 to drink while in port?? I am travelling with my 18 YO niece & nephew and they asked if I can take them to Senor Frogs and let them buy their first legal drink themselves. I will by NO means allow them to get drunk. But I will allow them to buy their first "legal" drink themselves. I will limit them to 1 maybe 2 drinks depending on what they get. They both just graduated HS last week and this trip is a grad present from me to them. just curious if Carnival has a policy on this. I didn't see anything on their site.

What you do on shore is your business unless you are part of a Carnival shore excursion.

However, if they show up on the ship inebriated, that's a whole different story. If they get plastered, better confine them to the cabin until they're over it.

Archived