Cheepest time to go to Hawaii

Gabgab

Starting to plan our wedding and looking at the months of May through Oct to have a wedding. One of the things we are looking at is when is the Cheepest time to do our Honymoon in Hawaii. We want to spend part of our time on NCL in Hawaii and then stay at a Hotel for the other part but because we will have to be watching our budget we want to know the cheepest time to go there.

Sorry if this has been ask before cause search engine is down.

I think it may depend more on where you are flying from. We are honeymooning in April of 2009 for many reasons, but the biggest one was that the rates seem to rise after that. It almost seems like there is no "cheap" time to visit Hawaii, but it does seem like the sooner you book, the cheaper it should be. If that makes sense. That's just my observation and with fuel/gas prices rising, the rates I believe will go up.

We normally go in the January-February time-frame, but last summer we went late July-early August, and we have also been there in December. Have never really noticed any difference between any specific times of the year. I agree that you need to pick a time and book as early as possible to lock in your rates.

usually mid june -sept is peak season

thats how it use to be, im not sure about now, but i know before when we went, it was 500$ cheaper to go in the beginning of june, compared to the middle,

and the rates werent lower until mid september,

i would check online and compare,

This does not fit your timeframe, but generally I believe that the least expensive time to go to Hawaii and other popular tourist areas (Disney World in particular) is between Thanksgiving and Christmas. (Just avoid the actual weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas.) Disney World is a dead zone during those three weeks; when we were there, we never stood in a signal line. January is also a slow time (everyone is recovering from the holidays). Our last three trips to Hawaii have been in January and we did not have any problems with crowds, but the weather can be marginal at times.

Congratulations on your up-coming wedding!

You've already had a lot of good advice on times of year which might be cheaper.

If you're worried about budget, another thing to think about for the time you're on land (I think you were planning NCL and then some time on one of the islands?) is to look at the option of a condo. Food is quite expensive in Hawaii. Having a little kitchen for breakfast and lunch and a place to grill in the evening...near the ocean...could be less expensive for you...and fun as well.

Whatever you do, enjoy! What a great place you've chosen for a honeymoon!

murphysmum;)

We've found (relatively) cheaper times to be after Labor Day, but before Veteran's Day (excluding Iron Man week in October and Halloween on Maui); the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas (especially the first 2 weeks of December); and April/May between spring break and Memorial Day. In addition to summer (Memorial Day through Labor Day), holidays (including Hawaii state holidays such as King Kamehameha Day) and January through the beginning of March (for snowbirds) are peak times/prices.

But, Umbarger is right on that it's all relative. Hawaii doesn't really have deep "off seasons" because it's popular year round, and it's an expensive place to live and to visit.

In the time frame you mention, this would be our order of preference (first to last): October or May (by far), followed by June and September, with July and August definitely in last place. Have to say we've visited at all different times of year and have never had a bad trip. We have had "unexpected" weather (stormy times in June and super clear/calm times in winter) and unexpected heat when the trade winds have taken a break, as well as all the expected types of weather (showers at all times of year; fewer in the summer, but not none), trade winds most times, more rain/cooler temps (relative, of course) for both air and water in winter. IMO, there's really not a bad time to visit, just some times that are better (for our preferences) than others.

beachchick

Archived