On Board Credit

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there was a way I could give myself OBC. I will be sailing on the Mariner in Sept. and my cruise is already paid in full. I have a little extra cash so I thought that if I could give myself OBC than I wouldn't have this money laying around wanting me to buy other stuff.

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there was a way I could give myself OBC. I will be sailing on the Mariner in Sept. and my cruise is already paid in full. I have a little extra cash so I thought that if I could give myself OBC than I wouldn't have this money laying around wanting me to buy other stuff.

Yes you can. Here's the link for gift certificates

https://www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com/

Some folks buy a RCCL gift certificate every payday or month to save for their onboard account - or you can do a direct OBC. Pay special attention to the restrictions.

Cruise Vacation Gift Certificates

s.gif

The Gift of Adventure: Purchase a cruise gift certificate for a friend or relative to be applied toward the cost of a cruise or onboard credit for spa treatments, gift shop, bar, specialty restaurants, and more. Amazing new places, unforgettable experiences, innovative onboard activities... Be ready for a giant bear hug and a slew of thank-yous.

If you would like to purchase an On-board credit for an existing reservation, please call 800-722-5443. (Gift Certificates cannot be applied to sailings within 10 days.)

Why don't you use a HSBC or ING or some other bank to automatically pull the money from your checking account? That way, you don't have to think about it + you are getting some interest off of it vs. letting the cruise line make interest off of it.

Why don't you use a HSBC or ING or some other bank to automatically pull the money from your checking account? That way, you don't have to think about it + you are getting some interest off of it vs. letting the cruise line make interest off of it.

Absolutely; put the money in a bank account. That way you are gaining interest on it rather than giving Royal Caribbean an interest free loan. Interest rates are not real high right now, but still it is better for you to earn an extra $20 or what not than to give away your money before you have to.

Archived