What is a hump cabin?

Midship (center ship) there is a curve with about 6 cabins that bow outward. That is the hump of the ship. Sometimes if your cabin is at the begginning or end of the hump (curve), you can't see forward or aft. The cabins are very close to the elevator's.

Hi,

This is a picture of the Mariner and the Hump cabins on one side of her. Port Side.

As you can see they bow out from the ship.

These Voyager Hump cabins are the same size as any other cabin in their category and have the same size balcony.

(On the Radiance class ships especially, there are Hump cabins with bigger balconies.)

All of these cabins are in a great location, have a great view, have totally private balconies because you are out further from the ship than all others, are near the elevators and the stairs, and yet there is no extra noise because of that. ;)

The center Hump cabins are the prime choice with the best views. ;)

1620 is the Royal Suite. Someone marked it wrong.

2001251604247032898_rs.jpg

Below is a view of the Radiance class hump cabins. You can see the balconies are quite large on some of them.

With the elevators on one side of that class ship, there are not as many of the Hump cabins.

attachment.php?attachmentid=68676&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1201541348

Below is the Voyager Class and you can see the Hump cabins and balconies are all the same size. It looks exactly like this on the other side of the hump also.

That very tiny extra space you see on the balcony is actually in the cabin itself.

attachment.php?attachmentid=81571&stc=1&d=1212986405

Just an added note:

I always heard these "Special Cabins" were reserved for the HONEYMOONERS!! :D :p

lol. i fell over laughing when i read your post because i am getting married on cocoa beach in sept, and leaving on the mariner 2 days later for our honeymoon....and we have a hump balcony on deck 7. :D :p

fits us to the "T"

greg

lol. i fell over laughing when i read your post because i am getting married on cocoa beach in sept, and leaving on the mariner 2 days later for our honeymoon....and we have a hump balcony on deck 7. :D :p

fits us to the "T"

greg

And I will be on the same cruise as you celebrating our 51 st wedding anniversary. And, our cabin is a deck above you on the hump. :D

And I will be on the same cruise as you celebrating our 51 st wedding anniversary. And, our cabin is a deck above you on the hump. :D

Alexis-congratulations on 51 years. :) DH and I will be celebrating 22 years July 5.

Alexis-congratulations on 51 years. :) DH and I will be celebrating 22 years July 5.

I was going to say I married at 2 years of age but, on the first week of our B2B will be my 69 birthday and on the second week is our 51 st anniversary. It does not seem that long at all. :D

If we go near the Newlywed game, we will be divorced by the time the ship docks. :rolleyes: NO WAY!! My husband loves to see me turn red. :o

Congratulations to you also. Wait until 51. You will not believe it goes so fast. ;)

I just wanted to chime in to the couple who are going to celebrate 51 years of marriage. That's so wonderful. And to top it off you will be in the Hump cabin with unlimited visibility. My wife and I celebrated our 25th last year on Splendour out of Italy. I have a few more cruises and years before I get where you are.

Cheers to all,

Archived