Price Drop with WOW Booking

Here's my situation:

I originally booked Freedom for January 2009 during a WOW promotion, i.e., $250 pp deposit, $50 pp OBC for a 7 day cruise.

Then, our sailing got chartered, so we were offered $200 pp additional OBC for a moveover to Liberty in January 2009 (even though it was about a year out at the time). We accepted.

I know with a WOW booking, I can't get the Platinum discount, for which we're now eligible. I also remember that I wouldn't be eligible for a shareholder discount (if I decided to buy stock).

Now to my question:

The advertised price for our Liberty sailing has dropped $100 pp. Can I call and get the new price and still keep the $500 OBC and half the normal deposit? Or will I screw that up? Or will I subject myself to the increased fuel surcharges?

Hope this makes sense. Any thoughts?

i dont see any reason why you shouldnt get the price difference. when you call, ask and make sure everything else will stay the way it is. the worst they can say is no, then you dont ask for the price drop.

as far as the new fuel surcharge, i am un sure about that. sorry

greg

you should get the price drop. Just make sure they don't change your booking number for any reason and your OBC should stay in tact. You should ask them again about applying your Platinum discount. I'm assuming you have a balcony so they should give you that discount now as well.

Doesn't it say right on the bottom of your invoice that they will match all price drops, even after final payment, except those that are specifically for "new bookings only"? It said it on the invoices for cruises I've booked during the WOW sale.

Call - you are entitled to the reduced price.

The WOW sale was $50 per cabin, not pp. They will not apply a C&A discount in addition to WOW obc (as someone suggested). You should still be able to get a shareholder obc with WOW.

I purchased during the WOW sale as well, but wasn't able to get the obc because I wasn't traveling during the proper time frame (although no one told me that until recently when I asked why my obc wasn't applied).

Doesn't it say right on the bottom of your invoice that they will match all price drops, even after final payment, except those that are specifically for "new bookings only"? It said it on the invoices for cruises I've booked during the WOW sale.

Call - you are entitled to the reduced price.

There is language to this effect at the bottom of my reservation made during the WOW sale.

I agree, you are entitled to the price drop, call them!

I just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean. I got the price drop and the platinum discount - knocked a total of $300 off the total cruise fare, and still have $500 OBC ($100 from the WOW sale and $400 from the move-over).

I had previously called and asked about the platinum discount, but was told it was not available on a WOW booking. Guess all the posters who said just keep asking are right!

Thanks for the input all.

Happy sailings.

Sam

I just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean. I got the price drop and the platinum discount - knocked a total of $300 off the total cruise fare, and still have $500 OBC ($100 from the WOW sale and $400 from the move-over).

I had previously called and asked about the platinum discount, but was told it was not available on a WOW booking. Guess all the posters who said just keep asking are right!

Happy sailings.

Sam

Excellent!!

You were lucky to get the platinum discount too! I've read on these boards about people who just keep calling until they get a customer service agent who will apply it, even though they aren't supposed to.

Happy sailings.

Sam

GREAT NEWS! Thanks for letting us know, and ENJOY your good fortune!

A~

Archived