Impressions regarding Voyager of the Seas JS aft cabin 1394?

After two Carnival and two Celebrity cruises, I am hooked on cruising! I just reserved a JS aft cabin number 1394 on Voyager of the Seas and would love some input regarding this choice. I've had inside, oceanview, and balcony as my cruising has progressed, so it's time to try the upgrade! Please share your comments if you have any info on this cabin...... this will be my first RCCL cruise and first suite. Thank you!

We had cabin 1392 on the Explorer of the Seas, which is a similar cabin. The cabin is essentially the same as the balcony cabins on the sides of the ship. However, the balcony is about three times larger, its width is the same as the cabin, but the depth is quite a bit longer. Part of the balcony is covered by the overhang of the Windjammer (which is located above) and part is open to the sky. There is a lot of decorative steel around the stern of the ship, but it does not impede your view from cabins on deck 10. We always try to get stern cabins when they are available. The only drawback is that it is a rather long walk to the cabin from the central elevators. However, with extra desserts every night, we always had enough energy to make the trek.

Mark

We had 1394 on the Explorer of the Seas a couple of weeks ago. Great room, but like the poster said above a long walk. We loved the cabin it had alot of storage with a very large closet. Balcony was wonderfull.

We were on the Voyager a coulple years ago with a grand suite. The Explorer and Voyager are identical. Both great ships. I have not sailed carnival yet but I think you will like RCCL.

Here are pics I found on Webshots.com...................It's from Adventure of the Seas but will give you an idea of the cabin and balcony.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/picturepost/view.php?uid=1629

Cabin 1394 is a Junior Suite and its nothing like Cabin #1392 which is a regular Category D1 cabin, it does however have a larger balcony then the side category D1 Cabins on the side of the ship like the above poster said.

Jimbo:)

I was on the Navigatore last week in 1392, a D1. On the morning of departure, my husband and I saw the 1394 suite (the tenants had already vacated the ship). The biggest differences we saw:

-marble on the counter in the bathroom (as versus the tile we had in our room)

-tub with shower (vs the shower we had)

-walk in closet

-larger room and wider balcony than ours

Just my thoughts...

Lots of thanks to all of you who responded! When I was browsing earlier in the week for deals, I came acoss the November 2005 sailing with this cabin available. The balcony looked huge on the ship floor plan! While I have never had the opportunity to stay in an aft cabin, a cousin had one on my first cruise, but since there were 26 of us we were all over the place on the ship and I only briefly got a glimpse of the balcony. I remember the discussion at dinner rated an aft balcony cabin as ideal, so when I saw it was available, I jumped on it. My travel companion is worried, however, that the overhang in the pic shared by Jimbo (a bigger thanks, Jimbo!) will keep her from getting any sun. I personally don't care for the busy pool areas during the day and found that on the Celebrity Horizon (which has no balconies) my favorite place on the ship was the large open aft area on the back of the the Bermuda deck with a book in hand. This might be even better..... probably quiet and definately more private!

Bplazo, given that my average weight gain is about 5-6 pounds per cruise (despite long walks in port and 30 minutes on the bike in the gym on sea days), the lenghty hallway may be benefical to weight maintainence! LOL!

And Winkleman, be sure to check it out thoroughly when you sail. Perhaps you can leave a note well hidden and it'll still be there next November! Wouldn't that be a hoot! LOL! Be sure to have fun!

Once again, thanks again to all of you who responded. I am excited about this future trip...... and one in March, too, on the MSC Opera...... don't know much about that ship, but for the cost, I figured it would be worth trying. The only drawback I am finding is that airfare on Easter weekend is already outrageous! Thus, I find myself on the computer at midnight searching for the perfect deal again............! Such is life!!!!!!! SMILE!

Archived