Not a virgin anymore...Southbound Princess Sapphire Review!

ladyhoneybee

Okay... as a little disclaimer here, I am a story teller at heart. That being said, this review might be a little long for many, but it is what it is and there is no "long story short" in my world.

Review of first cruise.... first time to Alaska....

Whittier to Vancouver.... June 7-14th. Enjoy :)

My family and I returned Sunday from the southbound Whittier to Vancouver trip, June 7-14th.

THE TRAVEL THERE and ANCHORAGE:

My family of four flew first class from Ft. Myers Florida to Anchorage on Thursday, June 5th. Having flown first class before, I knew what to expect from American Airlines but was excited to check out first class on Alaska Airlines from Chicago to Anchorage, as I had never flown that airline before. I was not disappointed. It was a 6 hour flight and it was very comfortable, the cabin was clean, the food, being mere airline food, was pretty good. We enjoyed our digi players and the flight and service was great. Flying into Anchorage was one of the prettiest approaches I’ve ever seen while making our descent.

Upon arrival to the baggage claim, we sat down, excited to finally be at our destination after a long day of traveling and delays in each of our stopover cities (from Ft. Myers delayed to Miami over an hour and a half, delayed to Chicago over an hour, delayed to Anchorage over an hour and a half). We watched the carousel go round and round and bags slowly being retrieved. We had five checked. Our bags never came. Not a one. We headed over to the Alaska Airlines baggage rep and filed a missing bag claim. The desk manager was surprised to learn that all five bags were missing. Actually…. I felt better knowing that they were all together instead of just one or two not making it. This, I figured, meant that they were all in the same area and missed the connection somehow.

By the time we go to the hotel, it was about 2am. The shuttle driver really ticked us off, but that's another story and we got refunded for the cab fare we spent in lieu of the free shuttle service. We were exhausted, excited, spent. We checked into the Clarion Suites downtown Anchorage, brushed our teeth and slept in our underwear since none of our clothes made it.

The hotel offered a great breakfast, complete with "you make 'em" waffles, cereal, breads, eggs, orange juice and coffee. We met the rest of our party in the breakfast room for the first time since we all made it just hours earlier. We told them about our bags missing and a gentleman eating behind us overhead the conversation and informed me that there was the JC Pennys and Nordstrom’s right across the street. This made me feel better. My husband said “we’ll go to JC Pennys after breakfast” and I chimed in with “Okay, meet me at Nordstrom’s when you’re done.”

Right after breakfast, we had called the airline to inquire about our missing suitcases and were informed that nobody really knew where they were. I started to get quite upset and concerned by this point, having just washed my underwear in the sink and then blow drying them. I had maintained a calmness about the situation but slowly started to realize that nobody seemed to be able to give us a straight answer and could not promise us anything other than bringing our bags to us on our first port day. That would be Skagway. On Tuesday. Four days away. My heart started to palpitate. But there was not much any of us could do at that point.

After doing a little bit of “necessity shopping” (oh, and purchasing a fabulous new pair of Michael Kors heels to ease some of the upset), we headed to the Snow Goose café. What a wonderful view of the city, a beautiful day weather wise and tasty lunch food.

Shortly after lunch, my cell phone rang with an Anchorage area code. My heart skipped a beat. Upon answering, I heard a nice voice on the other end telling me that our bags had arrived in Anchorage and asking me if I would like them delivered to the hotel or if we would rather pick them up. I told the lady that if I could kiss her I would, even though she might not like it. She laughed and said that she would probably love it. All five of our suitcases arrived 3 hours later at the hotel.

We spent the rest of the day wandering about Anchorage… later fascinated by the fact that it was 9:00 at night and completely bright outside. As the “night” came…we rested our weary heads, excited for what was to come.

TO WHITTIER WE GO

The hotel shuttle took us to the Alaska Railroad station. We boarded the train with ease for our two hour journey to Whittier. Along the way, we saw bald eagles and snow capped mountains. We for sure weren't in Florida anymore. And that was FIIIINE with me. What a gorgeous two hour journey, it was! The train was comfortable and clean and the view was delightful. We drank bloody marys and took pictures and grew more and more excited with each passing moment.

That moment of rounding the bend… and seeing the Princess Sapphire for the first time…. was a great one. It was THAT moment that I was most anticipated as I knew my heart would flutter with glee. And it did. I gawked at her… our beautiful ship… from my train window and exclaimed to the rest of my family “Look! There she is!” It was a glorious moment, indeed and I couldn’t believe that we were there.

It was a bit dreary in Whittier and we first had to meet Major Marine Tours for our glacier trip. At first, even though the glacier tour was very much pre-meditated and a highly anticipated event, I honestly just wanted to get on the ship to start exploring. But…. I walked past the Princess passenger entrance and into the line for Major Marine.

What a gorgeous adventure that was! The weather cleared up and we had beautiful blue skies. Now, being from Florida, personally I welcomed the cold weather. I don’t know about everyone else, but I relished in every moment of being chilly and having to head back inside the cabin to get warm. It’s not often that us Floridians (especially those of us in the south bit of the state) have to go “get warm”.

The Major Marine tour was great. The crew was very friendly, the buffet was good, the scenery was grand. We saw lots of seals and otters and some goats and a bear up in the hills. Unfortunately, we did not get to experience any glacier calving. That is the one thing I was disappointed in, but that is to no fault of anyone. We enjoyed our peaceful four hour tour and never felt crowded or uncomfortable. As a matter of fact, in the main cabin, where they serve the food and drinks, only about half the tables were even used. When waiting in line with the other glacier tour companies, we noticed that those lines, one in particular, was much longer and there were many more people. I was very happy that it wasn’t an overly full tour.

BOARDING THE SAPPHIRE AND HOW TO GET WELT ON YOUR HEAD 101

The joy and enthusiasm I felt as we walked through the long, tented walkway in indescribable. It was about 6:30pm on the day of embarkation and we were the only 8 people checking in so needless to say, it was cake.

It practically took us longer to walk to the check in desks than it did to actually check in. Just before the gangway, they took our picture and we were on our way inside the ship.

Everyone greeted us with smiles and directed us to where we needed to go. We were in our stateroom within about 7 minutes and our bags were there waiting.

All eight of us were on the Baja deck, port side, cabins B744 (inside stateroom for my mother and step-dad), B742 & B738 for the rest of us. Our room was a quad room, as we had our 12-year old son and 10-year old daughter with us. The two balcony rooms had an adjoining door inside the cabins, which was nice and, of course, our room steward unlocked our balcony divider.

Our room was clean and, while small of course, seemingly had a good use of space. The bathroom, albeit tiny, was actually surprisingly roomy, if that makes any sense. We right away unpacked our suitcases and stored them no problem under the beds. Roger was our room steward and he came into the room within minutes to introduce himself. We left the cabins to explore the ship and upon our return, the upper berths were down and chocolates were on our pillows.

This was the only trying part for me. Those upper berths. I am 5’11 and sometimes, I guess I forget my height. The first morning in the room, I was bending down to pick up my son’s clothes (never can seem to take a break from that, I guess) and upon rising, slammed my head into the bottom of one of the bunks. A sizeable welt actually formed on my head and I’m pretty sure that, for a few seconds immediately following impact of head to metal, I stopped breathing because I could feel myself wanting to scream in pain. From that point, my son didn’t leave his clothes on the floor. That was a rough start to that first morning, but after that, I was pretty good at maneuvering around those awkward beds.

WHAT WE DID FIRST

Ate breakfast at the buffet.

Tried the “regular” coffee.

Bought a coffee card (for me and my mom since everyone else seemed okay with that “other” stuff) and two soda cards for the kiddos.

Had a cappuccino.

Registered the kids at the Shockwaves camp.

Explored. by myself.

Got lost.

Pretended to know where I was as if I had been on this ship 1000 times.

We were at the back of our deck and quickly discovered that we liked it back there. We were very close to the Laundromat on deck 11, the buffet on deck 14, the kid’s club on 15, and Skywalkers above. I also love the vibrations and the way she moves... it rocked me to sleep.

I found the ship to be very easy to get around. A couple of confusing parts, but nothing one can’t quickly recover from. The crew members were always smiling and greeting you and I never once felt like I was out of place or out of my element, even though I have a tendency to have a hard time in crowds of strangers, well with my social anxiety and all. With 2600 passengers on the ship, or whatever the number is, I never once felt like I was crowded. Well…. Maybe during peak buffet times, but one quickly learns what those times are and stays away if easily annoyed.

DINING- The Pacific Moon

We did the traditional dining, first seating. At first, I wondered whether this would really be good for us, but after our first night of heading to our restaurant, and seeing the hoards of people lined up for, I guess, the “anytime dining”, I quickly knew that I had made the right choice. I can understand why some like the flexibility of anytime dining, certainly, but for me…. and my control freak nature.... and being that I don’t adapt well to change nor do I like surprises ... knowing what time and where we’d would be every night seemed like heaven to me. PLUS…… we had Yayha. And we just LOOOOVED our Pacific Moon Dining Room server, Yayha.

Yayha is from Thailand and she’s gorgeous. Every night, from the get-go, she told me how beautiful I looked and how I should be a supermodel. Maybe she said that to everyone… I don’t know. And I don’t care. I loved hearing it and as far as I was concerned, Yayha was only for our table. By the second night, she knew what the kids wanted to drink, that I hated mushrooms, and that my husband would enjoy a sipper of Sambuca every night after dinner with his dessert.

Our party of eight, kids included, dressed up for formal nights (cocktail dresses and suits). I’m not going to lie. I was a little disappointed in the majority of the passengers with formal nights. While certainly there were many dressed in lovely cocktail attire and suits and even a handful of tuxes and pretty, sparkly long gowns…. A lot of the men I saw didn’t have on a tie and some, not even a jacket and I saw many women in something one might wear to Sunday service, not an elegant evening affair. I didn’t care for any reason other than the fact that I wanted to look at people dolled up because I think it’s fun. I did see a couple of people turned away on formal night for wearing jeans. Again, I was not offended by any of this, I just thought it would be fun to see an entire room full of fancy and instead, I got maybe a corner full. At least in our dining room.

I own my own cleaning business, so I don’t get to dress up during the day. I took pleasure in wearing a dress every night to dinner, except for the last night when all else had been packed so my Lucky jeans (along with my new favorite heels bought in Anchorage) were the choice for the evening. I had fun with my attire. And I saw others who seemed to enjoy dressing up, too… but for the most part, many remained pretty casual throughout the entire cruise. I enjoyed the fact that I was “not in the norm” so no complaints from me.

Now…. We do not call ourselves foodies, per se. But, we are also not inexperienced eaters who don’t know any better. The buffet was just that…. buffet. Some good stuff, some not so good stuff. But the joy of a buffet is you take what you want and leave the rest. However, we really loved our meals in the dining room. Every night, the menu changed and there was not one thing that I did not enjoy. Not wanting to be too gluttonous, I didn’t go crazy and order two main meals, for example, but…. when there were two soups I couldn’t decide between, Yayha would bring me both. She would also bring out something on the menu for the entire table to “sample”. The night a few of us ordered Alaska King Crab Legs, she brought out another plateful for others to enjoy, too.

SABATINI’S

Wow. The food. So. Much. Food. Definitely a fun experience and much of the fun came from the serving staff at the restaurant. I tried new things. They knew of my great distaste for mushrooms and specially prepared a couple of dishes for me. Treat yourself, if you can. You will be happy you did! Assuming you wear something with a slightly expandable waistline, I mean.

THE WEATHER

Again, being from Florida, I was ready for some cold. And cold I got! Depending on cloudy/rainy or not cloudy/rainy, it was either 50-58 and felt like 45-50 degrees or 55-60 and felt like 65 degrees. Either way…. Perfect to me. We were really lucky, I think, to have some great weather. It was a bit overcast for Glacier Bay (especially compared to College Fjord the day before) but it did clear up a little bit, at least, as the day progressed and still…. Cloudy or not….. Glacier Bay was awesome! I enjoyed much of it from my own balcony.

Ketchikan (our second to last day) was the only rainy day and even then…. It cleared up for a few hours in the early afternoon.

THE KIDS CLUB

Well, I'm not a kid so I wasn't hanging out with the other kids but I can tell you that my kids loved the activities! They made friends... did crafts.... actually learned stuff. They had a great time and every day, wanted to go be a part of the kid activities. As a parent, you can authorize WHO can pick up the children, of course, and also whether you allow your children to check themselves IN and/or OUT. And the directors of the activities don't mess around. We went up to Skywalkers for the family night disco and there just happened to be several sightings of whales from the other end of the bar. Even though I was up there at Skywalkers with them, unless I signed them out FIRST, they were not allowed to walk to the other side of the room to see the whales. I signed my son out for maybe 7 minutes and then signed him back in. Had I not been up there, they would not have let him out of their sight. Whales or no whales.

ON THE LAND AGAIN

Skagway--- cute little place. Nice locals. I enjoyed getting off the ship and wandering a bit off the main path. All shops along the main "drag"…just touristy stuff. Not really “stuff” I’m into. Did stroll into a little shop that had some cool carved things, including one of those little troll dolls (with the crazy hair) made of pure Ivory. Also, the fudge shop was fun. I was handed a “just made” baggie of cashew brittle, which was enjoyed later that day.

Juneau—four of us went ziplining here, with Alaska Zipline Adventures. Great time! Terrific zipline guides, cool day, fun, fun, fun. We had gone ziplining a couple of years ago in Cancun and really enjoyed it and this was quite different, being that we weren’t in bikinis, ziplining backwards into underground water caves. The tour lasted about 3 1/2 hours from the time we were picked up and dropped back off at the tram station. We enjoyed every moment!

Ketchikan—okay… I know it rains like 240 days out of the year here, but…. I’m pretty sure that, if not in this life, in my next life, I will live here. I loved it. It was rainy, but that’s okay. The little mists of rain and ominous clouds that lingered overhead for a bit didn’t stop me from seeing the charm that is Ketchikan. Maybe living in this seemingly simple town isn’t exactly your cup of tea, BUT…. I highly recommend seeing the lumberjack show if you don’t want to visit real estate offices during this stop. Very entertaining and fun for all ages! And the lumberjacks weren’t bad to ogle either *wink wink*

THE FRIENDS WE MADE

Not to be all aloof or anything.... but I wasn’t on this cruise to make friends. I was on this cruise to spend time with my own family and be enjoy seeing a part of the world that I’ve not yet seen and to experience my first cruise ever. What I didn’t’ expect was to “fall in love”. No no…. I’m already married. But honestly, I loved the Princess crew more than I had expected. I realize it is their *job* to be nice and entertain the bunch of us on this big vessel at sea, but I would say that either a) the niceness and humour of so many crew members we befriended was completely genuine OR b) they should all be in Hollywood acting and not working on a cruise ship. Marion, the *guy* at Sabatini’s, who we called Martin the entire time only to realize on our last day that his name tag, in fact, read “Marion / Romania”. He never once corrected us. Anyway, he was awesome! So funny…. So witty…. So silly. My husband and I dined at Sabatini’s one night alone and while our anniversary isn’t until October, “Martin” insisted that it was now and gathered the Sabatini’s crew for a rendition of “Happy Anniversary”. We had a GINORMOUS pair of binoculars with us during our trip (a pair of Zhumell Astronomy binoculars) and he took them to all the tables where the people had little, dinky pairs of binoculars… got right up next to them as they looked through and squinted desperately to see anything and “Martin” looking through our pair, looked over at them after a moment to exclaim “Now THESE are binoculars!” He then proceeded to offer to sell them to the highest bidder. I think he had some takers!

Sascho (sp??) He was in the buffet area every morning and the first time I “met” him was when I reached for the pitcher of cream only to realize moments later, after only a tiny, forced drop fell into my Earl Grey tea, that I had picked the empty one. He seemed to feel my irritation of always picking the “wrong one” and we proceeded to have a little chuckle over how there are those of us who pick right, and those of us who pick wrong. He had a melancholy air about him and I just wanted to hug him every time I saw him. It was in the eyes. On the outside, he smiled and greeted everyone as he was supposed to…. But I could see it in the eyes that he was a little sad. Homesick, perhaps?? I gravitate toward those types of people. I liked to go out of my way to smile at them kinda like they so often go out of their way to smile at the rest of us; even if smiling isn’t their favorite. He did pull my husband aside to tell him I looked like Demi Moore, which I gladly accepted as a compliment.

I had a mani and a pedi the first full day on the ship. Sandy and Lizanne from South Africa took good care. We had lovely conversation…. A few laughs…. A few common interests…. Some similar taste in music…. And a few good stories to share. At the end of the cruise, I hunted down “my girls” to say my fare-thee-wells as I couldn’t get off the ship without a final chat. I exchanged emails with Lizanne, invited her to Florida anytime she wants to venture out my way, and she said the same should I ever visit South Africa. They were very special and kinda like I tend to pick the already empty creamer containers, I also know how to recognize little kindred spirits of mine.

DISEMBARKATION

After hitting my head one more time on the upper bunk, just for old time’s sake, I reluctantly went down to our waiting area in the Pacific Moon. It all went smoothly. It was very clear where we needed to be and at what time. It wasn’t overly crowded or hectic. At least not at our disembarkation time of 8:30’ish. Customs was a breeze. We found our bags with ease. Even got to say a final goodbye to "Martin", complete with a kiss kiss on each cheek and one final smile.

VANCOUVER

We stored our 17 bags (there were 8 of us, remember) at CDS Baggage. It was about $4.50-$5.50 per bag to store for the day. Certainly better than lugging it all around Vancouver, I would say! We only had a few hours to enjoy this beautiful city so we opted to go to Stanley Park, specifically the aquarium. How lucky are we that we got to see a baby beluga whale that had just been born 3 1/2 days earlier?! This was very cool, indeed. The aquarium is small but it was fun. The otters were entertaining to watch and there was a huge sea-lion swimming around that was very cool to look at. We took a taxi back to Canada Place to retrieve our 17 bags and headed over to the train station to catch the Amtrak to Seattle.

THE TRAIN! THE TRAIN!

For reasons unknown to me, I have always been a little freaked out by trains. They kinda scare the bajeesus out of me, actually. I really love to look at them… and observe them lumbering along the tracks…. But I’ve never ridden in one (outside of the Alaska Railroad earlier in the week to Whittier and a dinky little “trolley” like train while spending the summer in France years ago). This was probably my favorite four straight hours that were spent in one place. The people at the Vancouver station were very helpful and friendly and the train itself was comfy and clean. Lots of leg room and I loved the movement of the ride. As I gazed out my big, train window…. I enjoyed watching the kids and their moms and dads line up to wave at us. Such a simple form of entertainment in a big world full of digital sounds and visual effects. It took me back a little bit. In a good way.

It was on the train that I had a chance to reflect about the week that had just passed. Approaching the ship in Whittier. Learning my way around the stateroom. The welt on my head that first day. The crew. The laughs. How one night at Skywalkers, we were the only bunch that had been drinking and were clearly having way too much fun for the rest of the people there (all 7 of them). Smiling at the fact that I won $100 playing Bingo for the first time ever. Curious about the next mix of passengers that would be replacing us. Wondering about, and unfortunately never knowing, whether someone would smile at Sascho every morning just to give him a little bit of happy.

As new passengers and faces come on board, the memories of us will quickly fade, I fear, in the minds of those crew members we grew to love over those 7 days. They, however, will remain in our hearts for a long time to come. Perhaps we will see some of them on our next cruise. Which I am already planning.

I really loved reading your review! Thanks for taking the time!

I have a question for you:

When you took the train from Anchorage to Whittier were you able to drop your bags off at the cruise ship before heading over to the Major Marine tour?

This is what I have been wanting to do, but was curious about the logistics.

Thanks!

Terri

Hi! We checked our bags in at the Anchorage train station and never saw them again until we got to our stateroom on the ship. The bags actually go over on a separate truck, and not on the train itself.

We tagged and checked anything we did not want to bring on the glacier tour. We did have a little bit of time between arriving into Whittier and getting on the Major Marine vessel, but.... I would think that checking into the ship at 12:30 would take some time. That being the case, you likely won't have time to check into the ship prior to the glacier tour.

were you in ketchikan on thursday june 12? we flew over the sapphire that day and spent the day in ktn. not a very pleasant morning, the pm was not too bad.

nice travel log. glad you had a good time in the great state.

Yup! That morning was pretty gloomy and drizzly (which I don't mind, really). By about 11:00'ish... it stopped raining and there was even a hint of sun barely peeking through the clouds. It started up again around 3:00 or so... but nothing severe. Regardless of the rain, I saw the charm of Ketchikan, though. Love how the town looks coming into port!

Wonderful review!! You have a great way of telling a story and I enjoyed it very much!

One question for you, what time did you check in for the Amtrak train to Seattle? How long did it take for you to get your tickets?

Thanks!

One question for you, what time did you check in for the Amtrak train to Seattle? How long did it take for you to get your tickets?

Thanks!

Happy you enjoyed the review! We arrived a little early to the station... at about 3:00 but were able to check in right away. Baggage check, however, didn't start until 4:30 for a 5:45 departure. It was at that time that you got your seat assignments and could board the train. People started to line up around 4:15 but, at least on our travel day, there were not too many people.

ladyhoneybee..What a wonderful review!:) ...You will always remember your first cruise:) ..My first cruise was in the early 70's while single..After we were married, my DH & I with friends took our first cruise together in the late 70's..I had to convince all of them to go on that cruise..We all worked in the Airline Industry up north & they could not understand why I loved cruises so much..It took a lot to convince them, but they finally agreed & have since became hooked on cruising...We all still laugh & talk about our first cruise together....

Your lovely review is helping me to cope with the long wait ;) until our Alaskan cruise in Aug...My friend just said, she hasn't seen me this excited since our first cruise to the Amazon in 2006..

We could be neighbors; We live in the Yacht club section of Cape Coral...We'll be flying out of Ft. Myers to Anchorage via Atlanta on Delta Aug. 8...Hopefully the predicted Hurricanes will hold off till we get home..Will have a 7 day land tour before we board HAL's "Veendam" from Seward to Vancouver..We'll also spend an extra night in Vancouver..I've heard it is a lovely city..Perhaps we'll have time to see your baby whale in the aquarium...

Thanks again for your entertaining & fun review..

Cheers..:) Betty

P.S. Now it's time to think about booking another cruise..We usually drive to Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa & Miami for our cruises..

Your review was fantastic and very enjoyable to read! Thank you for taking the time to share this with everyone.

DW and I will be on the Sapphire in August....essentially are first time cruising.........and can only hope our trip turns out as well as yours did. We just love reading reviews from others like you, as we await our trip with great anticipation.

I enjoyed reading your review. I am from Naples. We had the Southbound Diamond May31st. We enjoyed similar adventures like you. We had a great flight FtM,to Atlanta,to Anchorage.Flying over the snow covered mountains got us so excited in anticipation of our 7 day land tour on our own and week on the Diamond. That brightness in Anchorage at midnight really got to me by the end of the week. I just wanted some darkeness!! We stayed a few night in Vancouver. Glad your luggage worked out. That is one of my worst nightmares.

Thank you everyone for reading my review ~ I know it's a wee bit long winded, to say the least, but I always enjoyed reading the detailed reviews when I was planning and getting ready to go.

We could be neighbors; We live in the Yacht club section of Cape Coral...We'll be flying out of Ft. Myers to Anchorage via Atlanta on Delta Aug. 8...Hopefully the predicted Hurricanes will hold off till we get home..Will have a 7 day land tour before we board HAL's "Veendam" from Seward to Vancouver..We'll also spend an extra night in Vancouver..I've heard it is a lovely city..Perhaps we'll have time to see your baby whale in the aquarium...

Yes, I know the CC Yacht club area well! We saw several of HAL's ships both docked and riding along next to us and I will say that they are beautiful. I have nothing to compare this cruise with as it was my first, but we were very happy with Princess and will likely be cruising with them again. However, HAL might be my next choice.

Enjoy your cruise in August! I wish it wasn't all over, but all good things must come to an end. My husband isn't quite ready to be planning another trip so quickly, but he can't stop me from doing it! We just have to decide where we all want to go. I want colder climates, he wants the warm ones. I can get warm here in SW Florida. I like a change of scenery and temperature so we may very well be cruising separately. Haha :D

Great review Ladyhoneybee! We are doing this cruise July 19th, and are really looking forward to our 1st trip to Alaska. We had a cabin steward from Romania named Marion back in September on the Tahitian Princess. I hope it's the same guy. Was he around 30-35?

Yup! That morning was pretty gloomy and drizzly (which I don't mind, really). By about 11:00'ish... it stopped raining and there was even a hint of sun barely peeking through the clouds. It started up again around 3:00 or so... but nothing severe. Regardless of the rain, I saw the charm of Ketchikan, though. Love how the town looks coming into port!

this should be you headed south headed to ktn. the wind had dropped here, but it would pick up again.

ktn and charm are two words i rarely hear in the same sentence. but then, i'm a snob from tiny town.

again, great travellog and glad you enjoy the great state.

sapphire.jpg

Great review Ladyhoneybee! We are doing this cruise July 19th, and are really looking forward to our 1st trip to Alaska. We had a cabin steward from Romania named Marion back in September on the Tahitian Princess. I hope it's the same guy. Was he around 30-35?

Yes... I would say he is around 30-35. Tall. Married; this I know. We loved him - he was a big source of our entertainment :D

Great picture bottom-dragger! I like little, quirky towns--- like Jerome, Arizona. An old mining town built into the side of a mountain. I'm not really a big city kinda girl so I opt for the smaller more quaint surroundings.

What a lovely review. It brings back so many memories as we did the Sapphire last year in July. I can picture it all again while reading.

I know that the crew/staff must get very bored with the same schedules day after day/week after week but they still make you feel very individual and special. Always found nothing was any trouble:)

Archived