How do you cancel a pre-booked spec restaurant reservation

Does anyone know how to cancel a pre-booked specialty restaurant reservation online? I don't remember seeing the charge was non-refundable, just that you would be charged right away.

Or if I have to cancel a cruise will the pre-book spec rest cancel along with it?

TIa

I don't know about cancelling in advance, but you can do it on the ship, and they will credit the charge, if you give them enough notice!

If you have to cancel the cruise, I'd call on the phone to do it, and remind them to cancel the dinner reservation, as well.

I just booked my Chops reservation the other day and I believe it said you could cancel and get a full refund up to 10 days prior to sailing. I remember reading that because I stopped to make sure that was indeed what we wanted to do. I would call RCCL and ask to cancel it. I don't remember seeing anything online when I booked it.

I don't know about cancelling in advance, but you can do it on the ship, and they will credit the charge, if you give them enough notice!

If you have to cancel the cruise, I'd call on the phone to do it, and remind them to cancel the dinner reservation, as well.

This would be cancelled because we would be canceling our cruise as well. I want to make sure since it was a separate charge from the cruise fare that we would get it back!

I BELIEVE YOU CAN CANCEL BY GOING TO YOUR CRUISE CALENDAR, THEN GOING TO THE DAY AND CLICK ON THE RESERVATION. iT SHOULD SHOW A CANCEL OR MODIFY BUTTON. I WAS ABLE TO CHANGE TIMES THAT WAY LAST WEEK. OTHERWISE CALL THE 800 NEED HELP WITH RESERVATIONS NUMBER.

I'm confused. I didn't think you could prebook the specialty restaurants. I thought you had to do it after you got on the ship. Has something changed?

I booked chops online for my cruise on July 20th. I'm not sure if it is available on all ships and sailings but it was available for Freedom.

From their website:

Q: What is the refund/cancellation policy for Specialty Restaurants?

A: Guest Cancellation Policy - Chops Grille & Portofino

Cancellations made at least 10 days prior to boarding will be refunded in full to the credit card used for payment. Cancellations made within 10 days of boarding or after departure will be credited to your shipboard account. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged a minimum of $10 USD.

Q: Can Specialty Restaurants reservations be made by phone?

A: Yes, you can call 1-800-398-9819 in the U.S. or Canada.

I suggest calling them.

###

Ok here is how I did it for those who would like to know.

Go to your order history online.

Set the number of guests at ZERO. Continue

On the next page, UNCHECK the guests booked.

Hit continue.

I got a confirmation and a note saying the $40 would be refunded within two billing cycles...but the lady at the above number said it should be quicker.

Ok here is how I did it for those who would like to know.

Go to your order history online.

Set the number of guests at ZERO. Continue

On the next page, UNCHECK the guests booked.

Hit continue.

I got a confirmation and a note saying the $40 would be refunded within two billing cycles...but the lady at the above number said it should be quicker.

Great info thanks Flagger

Archived