priority check in @ Miami Port?

raina*faith

I have a question about luggage. Instead of waiting for them to deliver the luggage to your room, can you keep the luggage with you and bring it to your room?

If it fit through the x-ray machine. Go to Carnivals FAQ to know the size. I don't know how to post the link:o . I normally let them bring on my luggage but take a carry on with my medications, a change of clothes and a swim suit.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What exactly does "priorty checkin" entail. We have a suite for next April on the Jewel of the Seas. Is there a ♠lounge to wait in, drinks?

Thanks!

Generally you are just allowed to get registered first and your room will probably be available a bit before others.

What exactly does "priorty checkin" entail. We have a suite for next April on the Jewel of the Seas. Is there a ♠lounge to wait in, drinks?

Thanks!

In Miami, priority checkin is just a different line at the counter for check in. Theoretically it is supposed to go faster. We always get to the port around 10:30 and are among the early checkins. Last time in Miami we were given white cards after we checked in which placed us in the first group allowed on the ship when they started boarding.

After check in, we were directed to exit the check in area by going to the right into the next building/room, (which also had an unmanned checkin desk area). That area was used to hold everyone until time to board. When going to this new area, there was a man checking the boarding pass of each party and telling you where to go. There were rows of chairs to sit, cold tea or lemonade, and a few platters of cookies. When we got there, we took seats that were close to the rope barriers that they would remove to allow you to go up the escalators to board the ship. At around 11:30 they started boarding by allowing several wedding groups to board.

After that, they called for passengers holding white cards to board, followed by the other groups. After we got to the top of the escalator, I looked to my left, through a window, and could see a very large line of folks who were still standing in the hall and waiting to get into the area we had just left.

We have always had good luck with scheduling our arrival at the pier for around 10:30, but, if there are any delays with clearing the ship from the previous cruise, you could always have a long wait. Since it is the first day of the cruise, we like to get onboard ASAP, and I can take quite a few pictures before the ship is full of people.

Hypo

Archived