45 day letter - what is it

elkaholic

When you come back from your cruise if you e-mail or send a letter to Carnival letting them know what a great/bad time you had they usually send out a letter advising you to let them know 45 days before you sail. You will then get some kind of gift. They asked me if I drank alcohol and I said yes. I ended up with $75.00 worth of photo coupons. It worked out good because it was a family cruise and my daughter and husband and I got some great photo ops. Had I been with friend I would have been disappointed as I am not photogenic and would not have bought many pictures. That was before the photo area had all the scrapbook stuff and frames. I would use it for that if they would let me.

Candi

1. Write letter to Carnival, generally re: recent cruise.

2. Get letter in return from Carnival, telling you to contact them within 45 days before sail date of your next cruise for free gift.

3. Follow instructions in letter and collect free gift on cruise.

It is a letter from Carnival where they say to call them 45 days before your next cruise, and you will get some sort of gift. Most people say it is a choice of a bottle of wine, or some drink tickets, room decorations, or chocolate covered strawberries, but some have said their 45-day letter gave them an on-board credit.

Carnival sometimes sends out these "45-day letters" in response to letters from passengers/customers to their customer service department.

1. Write letter to Carnival, generally re: recent cruise.

2. Get letter in return from Carnival, telling you to contact them within 45 days before sail date of your next cruise for free gift.

3. Follow instructions in letter and collect free gift on cruise.

Has anyone ever received a 45 day letter because of another reason besides the latest cruise? I wrote one, just today as a matter of fact, about my refund for the fuel surcharge. I did make some glowing comments about our up and coming cruise and past cruises, but the letter was about our refund that we still have not received.

Do you have to be currently booked/deposited on a future cruise at the time you write your letter for them to give you a gift 45 days before you cruise?

No, the program is about commentary on past cruises, not scrounging trinkets for future ones.

If you haven't found the address yet it is:

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, FL. 33178-2428

I did send a letter off and was suprised that I got a reply. It was all due to the information on this board.

My letter stated mine and my DW pleasure with our last cruise and some suggestions on improvements. (I have a hard time with remembering names and suggested that the crew have business cards to pass out.)

I got my letter back and I have set a calendar reminder for our next cruise. My DW will have to tell me what to request when I call.;)

My choices were champagne or a bottle of wine.

Chocolate dipped strawberries or room decorations.

The other choice was 4 drink tickets.

Oh. Also 2 free pictures was a choice.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mojitos...............

My letter is on the bulletin board where I can see it every day as a reminder. Only a few hundred days until I call..........:D

When you come back from your cruise if you e-mail or send a letter to Carnival letting them know what a great/bad time you had they usually send out a letter advising you to let them know 45 days before you sail. You will then get some kind of gift. They asked me if I drank alcohol and I said yes. I ended up with $75.00 worth of photo coupons. It worked out good because it was a family cruise and my daughter and husband and I got some great photo ops. Had I been with friend I would have been disappointed as I am not photogenic and would not have bought many pictures. That was before the photo area had all the scrapbook stuff and frames. I would use it for that if they would let me.

Candi

Candi

WOW

That is a lot of Photo Coupons !!;)

NICE very nice !!

Do they usually give more than one coupon if you choose the coupons?

Like How many sets of the Drink Coupons is normal to receive?

Anyone know ?

I realize that the Drink Coupons are 4 to a set ...

so would you get one set or a few sets ?

Anyone Know ?

So if I send a letter now stating what a great time we had on our cruise 5 years ago, will they have a gift waiting for me on our next cruise in August 2009?:)

Seems like a lot of time has passed...and we have 14 months until our next cruise...:rolleyes:

What are my chances?:confused:

So if I send a letter now stating what a great time we had on our cruise 5 years ago, will they have a gift waiting for me on our next cruise in August 2009?:)

Seems like a lot of time has passed...and we have 14 months until our next cruise...:rolleyes:

What are my chances?:confused:

LOL I don't know about 5 years! I did send one a couple of weeks ago about the wonderful time I had on the past two cruises I went on. We always fill out the comment cards and we didn't have anything to complain about but never heard anything. Yesterday, I got my 45 day letter thanking me for my comments.

Archived