AC or AE Penthouse???

Bocadude85

We are traveling on the Norwegian Star next May to Alaska and are currently booked in room 10000, which is a AC penhouse. We were wondering if a aft AE penhouse would have better views or if we are better off in the AC? Also is to windy in Alaska to get much use out of the balcony in the front of the ship?

I suppose it depends if you want the bow or the stern as the AC's are at the bow and AE's stern. PH 1000 is bow, you have one AC, and AA to starboard side and two AC's and a AA to the port side of your PH. For an Alaska trip maybe you would rather be foreward as you could get a really good view of glaciers ect. I would keep what you have, but thats MO.

Have a great time planning!!

• 2 years later...

Had the room next door, 10002, to Alaska last Sept. last cruise of the season. It was great. Yes it was breezy but the views were fantastic, even when it was drizziling. Room 10000 should be even better as there is a larger overhang from the bridge. You have your own private viewing area for the glacier, the captain kept the bow pointed towards it for at least an hour while the rest of the shipgot the view while turning and leaving.

Ruth was the lady who took great care of us and the room. She is from Jamacia.

We have booked room 10000 for our next cruise in Dec. 2012, my brother-in-law booked 10500. Planning ahead for our 40th.

Enjoy your cruise

I have sailed in both these rooms, loved them both! 10502 had the larger balcony, but 10500 takes some of that balcony space and gives you a larger interior. I enjoyed both!

We did get a call the night we forgot to pull the drapes! But when we kept the cabin dark and opened the drapes it was really beautiful. Even went out on the balcony in the middle of the night. Gorgeous!

Archived