Price reduction question....

luvcruisin66

I noticed that our cruise has dropped in price $30pp for 1st and 2nd passenger in our oceanview room. This is the first price drop I have noticed. Is it worth it to bring it up to my PVP or should I wait for it to drop further. I remember reading that you can only get a price reduction once or twice. Help?!?:confused:

Call and nail it down.

Some said they had trouble multiple times AFTER final payment and in the last days before their cruise when Carnival dropped the price to fill up a ship that wasnt sold out. they were told no more.

I would go and get the price drop, it may not last.

I noticed that our cruise has dropped in price $30pp for 1st and 2nd passenger in our oceanview room. This is the first price drop I have noticed. Is it worth it to bring it up to my PVP or should I wait for it to drop further. I remember reading that you can only get a price reduction once or twice. Help?!?:confused:

It depends. How much is your fuel surcharge? How long is your cruise?

Your reduction may amount to only $2 pp after it is all said and done. (If you surcharge is currently $5, it will go up to $9 or $4 per day x 7 days = $28 extra).

If that is the case I would just wait.

Definitely try to get the price reduction now. There may not be any more price reductions and this one may not last long, so do not wait.

Even after final payment, they may give you a shipboard credit. Friends cruising with us on the 7/26 Ecstacy sailing called Carnival about a recent price reduction and were given shipboard credit since they have already made their final payment.

Our Pride cruise for this November just went down again. I saved another $110 for the 2 of us. This is why I always book at least a year out as I book the room I want and I always keep an eye on the cost and if it goes down I will call for the price reduction.

As we booked this last year we didn't have any fuel surcharge and we didn't have to pay the surcharge for our current price reduction. I always keep an eye on the price and if it goes down I call Carnival and ensure the price is adjusted. The way I look at it is it will give me more money to spend on my sail and sign account.

Dave

It depends. How much is your fuel surcharge? How long is your cruise?

Your reduction may amount to only $2 pp after it is all said and done. (If you surcharge is currently $5, it will go up to $9 or $4 per day x 7 days = $28 extra).

If that is the case I would just wait.

Not necessarily true although that's what I expected when I called. I just did it yesterday and there was no repricing of the fuel surcharge or taxes. It was a flat $30 per person OBC and that was the second drop for us.

If you are BEFORE final payment, your PVP has the authority to make the adjustment. If you are AFTER final payment, they have to get permission to assign the credit (OBC or refund to cc). Sometimes, you will be offered a slight upgrade in room or something instead of the credit. Just ask to speak to a supervisor. It will all depend on the supervisor's mood but you don't have anything to lose other than the call-hold time on the supervisors line.

Thanks for all of the help. I talked to my PVP and he says that he needs to talk to a supervisor to make sure that I do not get charged the new fuel surcharge ( i got in at $7 pp), but that the price has dropped. Hopefully we get the discount as we have not made final payment yet. Thanks again to all.....

luvcruisin66 - it's been my experience that the passenger is more likely to get the credit through a supervisor than a PVP is. If your PVP gets shot down, that's when you ask for the supervisor line.

Archived