receiving documents

Oh, I know your excited!!! I can feel it too...............got 2 weeks till next cruise documents in hand...............and making final payment on September cruise this morning...............must start planning next one right away.......................:D

I am getting very frustrated. I leave in 16 days and have received nothing. contacted travel agent who said RCI would send them so I contacted RCI. the booking was set up so that the docs went to the agent who would then forward them to me. I email her again, gave her 2 days to respond and heard nothing. Call the agency and got someone in CS who seemed helpful but still nothing. Now I am convinced they are goping to be sick of hearing from me and "forget" to post my onboard credit. All I want is my docs. this is my first cruise and while I know now I don't need them to board I would still like to read through them. Sorry so long. any suggestions??

I haven't had that problem, and have received my docs anywhere from 10 days to 30 days in advance of sailing. I honestly wouldn't worry, but I do understand your frustration in calling and not receiving what they say should be on its way to you.

We sailed with Celebrity last winter and we left home without any cruise documents, without any flight documents and without any documents for our hotel in San Juan. We are in the paperless age and we better get used to it quickly. However the cruise lines have no problems with issuing a paper bill for our cabin account and the countless flyers sent to our cabin every evening.

And how was your day ?

I printed the set sail pass but I want all the other docs and they haven't been sent to me.

OK

I haven't even got Docs for the last 3 cruises. Heck I didn't even think they did them anymore unless you special request them. There might even be a charge for paper docs.

I really don't know, just speaking out my

OK

I haven't even got Docs for the last 3 cruises. Heck I didn't even think they did them anymore unless you special request them. There might even be a charge for paper docs.

I really don't know, just speaking out my

E-docs are the default and you get them on email. There is absolutely no charge for paper docs but you do have to choose them.

Paper docs weren't an option but I was told I would get edocs and haven't even received them. At this point I would at least like an email from "my" agent. Please reassure me all I need at the port is my passport and set sail pass. Should I bring my marriage license? birth certificate?

Paper docs weren't an option but I was told I would get edocs and haven't even received them. At this point I would at least like an email from "my" agent. Please reassure me all I need at the port is my passport and set sail pass. Should I bring my marriage license? birth certificate?[/quote

Yes

That is all you need, I have done it many times.

The only other thing you would need is a credit card to use onboard if you are not paying with cash. They swipe your CC at check in.

Have a great cruise and relax. That's what it is all about.

• 4 weeks later...

We have a Cruise/Tour for 8/17/08 on Rccl Radiance. It's 32 days away and haven't received our Docs. Called the TA and she said that they should be here in the next few days, of course that's what she said 3 weeks ago. The only reason I'm concerned is that we don't know what Airline we're taking to Anchorage or what time and where it leaves from. I know we are leaving on 8/17 and arriving in Anchorage that afternoon to start the land portion of the Cruise/tour but that's about it. Should I just hang in there and wait or should I start to pester the Agent??

thanks

Your agent should have received your air information already, those are typically assigned 60 days in advance. Definitely pester them. Docs should be there any day, the TA can also find out the status of the shipment for you.

Paper docs weren't an option but I was told I would get edocs and haven't even received them. At this point I would at least like an email from "my" agent. Please reassure me all I need at the port is my passport and set sail pass. Should I bring my marriage license? birth certificate?

Be reassured, all you need is your passport, set sail pass, and your credit card.

This is assuming that the name on your passport matches the name on your set sail pass. If your passport is in your maiden name and your cruise reservation is in your married name, then you should bring the marriage license too.

If you didn't have a passport, then you'd need a birth certificate, marriage license and photo ID such as drivers license).

We bring our Driver's Licenses along too, because in some ports, you need to bring photo ID ashore. The pier is often in a gated area, and the local port authority will check your photo ID before allowing you into this secure zone to approach the ship for reboarding. We leave our passports in the safe in our cabin, and take our driver's license ashore. Although many people feel that bringing the passport is best, we feel that the risk of losing it or having it stolen ashore is greater than the risk of us needing it. You should also bring the name and contact information of the Port Agent which is printed in the ship's daily newsletter ashore with you because this is the person who will assist you in the event of an unlikely emergency while ashore.

You can get luggage tags at the pier. You can get excursion information online, or once onboard at the Excursion desk. Or better yet, check the ports of call board here on Cruise Critic for the places you'll be visiting, and arrange for private tour guides instead of booking excursions through the ship.

We are sailing on the Mariner on 8/31 and received our flight information two weeks ago. So if you are waiting on flight information, your TA should have that information for you.

I'm learned my lesson - will never get the air through the cruiseline again. Our returning flight does not leave Orlando until 7pm. Not happy about that at all. :mad:

We are sailing on the Mariner on 8/31 and received our flight information two weeks ago. So if you are waiting on flight information, your TA should have that information for you.

I'm learned my lesson - will never get the air through the cruiseline again. Our returning flight does not leave Orlando until 7pm. Not happy about that at all. :mad:

Even when we booked our own flights, Delta changed them around so many times that we ended up flying home at 7pm from Orlando too. We rented a car from Budget or Avis, and then drove around Cocoa Beach, and then to the Downtown Disney area, grabbed an early dinner, before dropping the car off at the airport. Renting a car was the most cost effective means of getting to the airport anyway, and at least we had use of the vehicle to kill time during the day.

well got call from t/a today and going to pick up documents - i did my online check in so i guess i am good to go -- the t/a had a 50.00 credit for me which is to be applied for onboard expenses - she said lately royal has had problems with applying credit to accounts but she assured me that when i board, if the credit is not there, to contact her via email.

oh well can't wait for bon voyage day

Archived