To the Pride "Food and Wine" Oct. 17th Sailors

Martita B.

A very hearty "[i]BON VOYAGE!"[/i]........and to cruisr, have a wonderful, wonderful time! Tell Captain "Sheriff of the Seas" Rodahl to "lie" good at the Liar's Club......please hug Eric Degrey for me......tell Lulu, "Howdy Bubba!" And of, course, have lunch with my favorite, Tori.......she's a "hoot!" I believe her Hubby will be embarking......

We'll all be thinking of you......please post upon your return!

Seabourn anchors my Prideful, Legendary Spirit! Salute!
Martita B.

Thanks from another Oct 17th sailor. We are ready to go - NOT! Might be time to think about getting the suitcases out - NOT! We always wait till the night before, but since our flight is not till 11am, maybe we can wait and do it all that morning, which pretty much rules out using any advance luggage service. <grin> Maybe I will just wear short shorts and a ballcap all week?! <yeah, right>

Really though, we are more than ready to hit the high seas - though it would be hard to call them high seas on this trip. For the first 12 days we probably will be able to see land the entire time and the vast majority of that time we will be within one mile of land.

By the way, the Seabourn website is still offering this cruise - room for more to join up!

Thank you so much but I need to stay close to home.......I had a tragedy here yesterday morning. I am just sick with grief! About 1 1/2 years ago I looked out and saw a RAT climbing into my birdfeeder (I crumble up my old bread and feed it to the birds) I thought......"Lordy, a RAT????" well, I kept watching.....it was not a RAT, but a tee tiny 'little bitty grey kitten......a sweet 'lit stray. I went out and told her, "you just stay here and I'll feed you until you're ready to move on".......well, she liked it here so much she moved her 'lit self under my porch. So I named her, "Porch".......when I arrived home from the Pride Crossing, my "cat feeder, Shelly, informed me that she thought "Porch" had babies......well, she did! Four of the cutest 'lit kittens you ever saw.......yesterday, I went out to pick up my paper and "Porch" had been run over and killed right in front of my house.......I was stunned and just broke into tears.......I called our Sheriff and told him I couldn't "tend to Porch".......so he said he'd be right here ASAP. Which he was. NOW I'm feeding and taking care of "Porch's" babies. I'll probably take them to sweet Dr. Vet Gibbons for him to find good homes for them.

I am an animal lover.......as most of you know. My animals are like my family.
I am so sad today!
Does anybody know a joke to tell me?

MB

Hi Martha,
I'm so sorry about the cat. That's awful....As I am typing this I have my wonderful dog here at my feet. Pets are so wonderful.
Well, I'm all set. Have my suite assignment and I'm good to go. Just got an email from Laura the wonder Cruise Sales COnsultant and am looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Sure you can't come????
Bon voyage to all.

Oh Martita, that's a shame! I will bravely attempt a couple of jokes:

The first one my daughter ever learned went like this:

Do you know why little ducks walk softly?

Because they can't walk, hardly.

Ahem...

Guy walks into a bar with a newt on his shoulder.

Bartender says "What's that?"

Guy says "That's Tiny!"

"Why do you call him Tiny?"

"'Cause he's MY NEWT!"

(say it out loud.)

rimshot, cymbal crash...

bgood

[size=3]bgood~~~~hahaha I just knew I could count on YOU to make me laugh![/size]
[size=3][/size]
[size=3]Did you know that ALL the Irish go to HEAVEN?????[/size]
[size=3][/size]
They are TOO green to burn!!!!

That could be told of the Texas Aggies, the Poles, and I guess, hmmmm WE TEXANS!

Thank you, mia amigo!
Martita B.

To the Food and Wine Oct. 17th Sailor's!

Bon Voyage......have a wonderful, special voyage! We'll be thinking of all of you and wishing we were there!
Don't forget to stroll up to the Sky Bar and ask Amanda to prepare you a Mojito......with fresh mint! (she orders it from the Galley) Quite refreshin' and you're dancin' feet will be dyin' to start the Sailaway "Cha Cha" line! Ask Eric to lead it.....with his blinking light RED devil's horns! Very fetchin'!

Have fun!
"Amigos Para Siempre!"
Martita B.

Bob is in London on business and has asked his brother Jim to look after his favorite cat. He calls and says how is "Spike."

Jim says: 'Spike died.'

Bob says:Jim!!How could you be so heartless. ??The first time I called, you could have said, "Bob, Spike ran out of the house when I opened the door."

"Next time I called, you could have said 'Bob, Spike ran across the lawn and he's up in the tree."

'The next time I rang, you could have said 'Spike is sitting in the tree and won't come down."

'The next time you could have said 'the fire department came to get spike but he fell from the tree and died."

Jim said:"you are right Bob, That WAS heartless of me and I should have had more compasion., I sincerely apolgize."

Bob said:"That's OK, Jim. I forgive you..by the way, Jim, how's Mom?"

Jim replied" She's up in the tree."

[size=4]Hahahaha That IS funny!!! Many thanks![/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]Yes, I'm busily taking care of the 4 'lit kittens.....and now they think I'm [i]their Mother![/i][/size]
[size=4]This is a full time job, but it's what sweet "Porch" would have wanted me to do........soooo[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]Thanks again for lifting my spirits![/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]MB[/size]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived