Baltic Cruise

Stelladoro

Hi, our next cruise will likely be to the Baltic in Aug/09 and we're considering the Jewel. Since this is a port intensive cruise, we don't mind booking an Inside cabin and saving the extra cash for excursions. We did this on our Med. cruise and it worked out fine ( two of us)- cabin was approx. 185 sq. ft.

Are the inside cabins considerably smaller than the outside cabins on the Jewel?

It seemed to us the inside cabin we had on the Jewel was a bit smaller than in some other ships, but perhaps it was just the layout. It was OK. We always book an inside cabin. There was not as much storage space, however. You might want to look at my review - http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=43137

You'll have a marvelous time, I'm sure. Great cruise.

I am thinking about the same cruise for Augut 23 as well. we will be travelling with my partner's Mom. For the inside cabin, is it toomuch for three adults. we thought of spurging for a mini-suite but that would be several thousand more. what are your thoughts?

Thanks everyone for your input. Petesweet, enjoyed reading your review and cabin details. Inside cabin is definitely smaller than on Celebrity, but then so is the cost. We also plan to tour Great Britain after the cruise, so overall cost is definitely a priority consideration. DH will be happy about not having to pack formal wear and lugging it around on the land trip. Self laundry facilities will also be helpful.

So far, the Jewel meets our criteria. My only concern is the rather mixed reviews I've read about service and quality of food. We're not picky people by any stretch, but do expect good service and decent tasting food. We've only been on 2 prior cruises and have to say, we were pleased with both with service and food. Hopefully, we're making the right choice with NCL. Guess we'll never know, until we try!

Stelladoro ~ we were on the same sailing as Petesweet. Our take on things were a bit different than hers. We thoroughly enjoy NCL (this was our 6th NCL cruise). We have 14 cruises under our belts and now only will cruise on another line if NCL doesn't do an itinerary we want.

We find the food and service to be just as good, if not better, than Royal Caribbean's. We find the activites and entertainment to be much better than Royal's.

The self-service laundrys on the Jewel are free. There are 3 washers and dryers. Detergent is $1/box. One box can do 2 loads.

It's a beautiful cruise ... but an expensive one. Hopefully the $ will be in little better shape by the time you go. :o

My review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=43097

~dianne

Thanks everyone for your input. Petesweet, enjoyed reading your review and cabin details. Inside cabin is definitely smaller than on Celebrity, but then so is the cost. We also plan to tour Great Britain after the cruise, so overall cost is definitely a priority consideration. DH will be happy about not having to pack formal wear and lugging it around on the land trip. Self laundry facilities will also be helpful.

So far, the Jewel meets our criteria. My only concern is the rather mixed reviews I've read about service and quality of food. We're not picky people by any stretch, but do expect good service and decent tasting food. We've only been on 2 prior cruises and have to say, we were pleased with both with service and food. Hopefully, we're making the right choice with NCL. Guess we'll never know, until we try!

We just returned from the June 10 sailing on the Jewel and had a great time - review to come soon! The service on this ship was wonderful, it really restored my faith in NCL and their crew. I'll leave the food reviews to others, I'm a very picky eater and don't like many different foods - what I had was mixed.

Archived