Style of Dress for Evening Entertainment

CycleGirl1

I can hear you all now "Not another dress code discussion!!"

I don't believe that there is a "dress code" for the entertainment venues. However, if I were to go to see a live theater production here at home, I would have certain expectations on how people might dress. Personally, I like to dress appropriately.

Would it be fair to say that the "Smart Casual" attire of the dining room translates well to the evening entertainment venues? I'm mostly referring to shows intended for adults-only rather than say movies or shows for kids where I would assume that attire would be understandably more casual.

CG

Most people wear what they had dinner in. If they were in the dining room, they go in smart casual or formal, if they went to the buffet, they are much more casual. Essentially, there's no dress code for entertainment but as I said, most people go in what they had dinner.

As others have said, it will certainly vary.

For those that are coming from the dining rooms, some will change and some will not. And then for those utilizing the buffet, they may have never gotten "dressed up" in the first place.

Most people wear what they had dinner in. If they were in the dining room, they go in smart casual or formal, if they went to the buffet, they are much more casual. Essentially, there's no dress code for entertainment but as I said, most people go in what they had dinner.

Pam, I looked in here to see what was being said about SMART CASUAL as opposed to SLOPPY and noticed your cruise listed from Paris to Prague. That sounds fabulous. I want to hear more. I've been to both and they are to die for. Fabulous.

Pam, I looked in here to see what was being said about SMART CASUAL as opposed to SLOPPY and noticed your cruise listed from Paris to Prague. That sounds fabulous. I want to hear more. I've been to both and they are to die for. Fabulous.
This is off topic (Sorry) but I'm going on a Viking River Cruise trip from Paris to Prague with a pre-cruise in London. My friend has never been to London or Paris so she's very excited. This'll be my third river cruise trip (previously in Russia and China) and they are a wonderful way to see a country and cruise. The river boats are generally very small with about 200 - 300 passengers (some are smaller) and they are very casual. Almost no one gets dressed up for dinner with many going in what they wore during the day (although I haven't seen shorts at dinner.) You cruise along slowly so that you can see the countryside from the perspective of the river and the boat usually docks right in the village or town. All tours are included and if the boat's leaving later in the evening, you can just get off the boat and go to a restaurant in the village/town. It sounds relaxing but is actually very busy and intensive as there are lots of walking tours and either a half- or full-day tour every day. The passengers on these trips tend to be very compatible -- people who enjoy experiencing a country and many are experienced travelers. We've made many good friends on our river cruises. Here's the intinerary: http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/us/cruises/PARPRA/09TRRNUE07/VSK/itinerary.aspx

Come and join us! :)

This is off topic (Sorry) but I'm going on a Viking River Cruise trip from Paris to Prague with a pre-cruise in London. My friend has never been to London or Paris so she's very excited. This'll be my third river cruise trip (previously in Russia and China) and they are a wonderful way to see a country and cruise. The river boats are generally very small with about 200 - 300 passengers (some are smaller) and they are very casual. Almost no one gets dressed up for dinner with many going in what they wore during the day (although I haven't seen shorts at dinner.) You cruise along slowly so that you can see the countryside from the perspective of the river and the boat usually docks right in the village or town. All tours are included and if the boat's leaving later in the evening, you can just get off the boat and go to a restaurant in the village/town. It sounds relaxing but is actually very busy and intensive as there are lots of walking tours and either a half- or full-day tour every day. The passengers on these trips tend to be very compatible -- people who enjoy experiencing a country and many are experienced travelers. We've made many good friends on our river cruises. Here's the intinerary: http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/us/cruises/PARPRA/09TRRNUE07/VSK/itinerary.aspx

Come and join us! :)

No worries about the off topic. My question has been answered anyway.

Your trip sounds fantastic, Pam.

Have a great time!

CG

Archived