Shore Escursion refund after the fact?

Stingray77

Hi folks,

My wife and I have been thinking ever since we got off of the boat the the shore excursion we took in Acapulco off of the star was really completely subpar for 10 reasons that I am not going to list here. We should have gotten a refund on the boat but it just didn't occur to us until we got off.

Do you think we have any recourse? Who would we even write to?

We immediatley went to the ships reception area and demanded a refund which they gave to us on our bill the last night of the cruise. I would certainly try for a refund and contact the NCL staff. Were you on the 10/4 cruise to the Riviera? They had enough complaints that registered that you should get a full refund without any problems.

We immediatley went to the ships reception area and demanded a refund which they gave to us on our bill the last night of the cruise. I would certainly try for a refund and contact the NCL staff. Were you on the 10/4 cruise to the Riviera? They had enough complaints that registered that you should get a full refund without any problems.

While still a TA I had a coule of cliants (different ships and times) who wrote directly to the cruise lines and were not given a refund, but a credit for a tour next time they cruised. I think one actually got a ship on board credit as well. I read both letters and they were written very well and not too long nor did they knock the cruise line, but simply explained their concerns. It's certainly worth a try. NMNita

The only time we have ever received a refund was for the excursion from hell - a 5 hour tour of Panama City that took 8 hours and we didn't see anything because it was dark by the time we reached the City. Even then, it took the protests of most of the 3 bus loads of passengers who went on the excursion and 2 days to get a refund.

Since we are leaving on the "Star" on October 20 to the Mexican Riviera and have a shore excursion booked with NCL in Acapulco, I would be very interested in knowing which tour were you dissatisfied with? If you don't want to give all the details, that's fine, but some general information would be helpful -- especially if it's the same excursion we are booked on. Thanks for your help.

Archived