We're back...AOS

I know you'll have a great time. Overall the crew was great, but we did have some issues with the bar staff. We think this is because gratuity is included in the drink, so they don't have to work for thier tips. The cruise director, Mike Swajowski was funny and his team was great! I do have some compasses that I can email you, but it might take me a while to scan them. The AOS is still in great shape and I plan to sail her again in the future.

Glad to hear you had a good cruise, too bad about the bar stoff that sucks.

I would love a copy of the compasses too if your offering. This will be my first RCCI cruise and I am curious to see the compasses.

srappinfun@hotmail.com

Thanks

I know you'll have a great time. Overall the crew was great, but we did have some issues with the bar staff. We think this is because gratuity is included in the drink, so they don't have to work for thier tips. The cruise director, Mike Swajowski was funny and his team was great! I do have some compasses that I can email you, but it might take me a while to scan them. The AOS is still in great shape and I plan to sail her again in the future.

We're sailing AOS in Sept and would also love to have a copy of the compasses. jryoung908@sbcglobal.net

Thank you

Hello

I was just wondering if you stayed in suite and had access to the Concierge club? I have heard great things about the women in there and was wondering if she was still on the AOS.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

:) Thanks

Ciocia:)

Thanks for the review and the pictures, can't waiting for more.... I can't seem to read enought about this ship

I also am the same way--having never been on any RCCL before--so getting excited.....see ya on board..:cool:

Hello

I was just wondering if you stayed in suite and had access to the Concierge club? I have heard great things about the women in there and was wondering if she was still on the AOS.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

:) Thanks

Ciocia:)

I wish! We had a D1 balcony and the kids had an interior across the hall. I wish I could help you more!

MORE REVIEW TO COME

Thanks for posting your review. Looking forward to reading the rest of it.

I too am staying at the Radisson and have a couple of questions. How much was the taxi from the airport and taxi to the pier? Is there a Walgreens a couple of blocks away? Is that Catholic church within walking distance? Do you know if the English mass at 9:30 is every Sunday? Do all the rooms have a balcony?

Does the balcony on the ship have a light? I remember the Radiance did not have one. TIA

Curacao is my new favorite island! This morning, we were up early. We had breakfast at the windjammer (I forgot to mention that we ate in the dining room on Tuesday). We were meeting for our half day snorkel tour with Curacao Actief at 8:30. We were picked up in a open jeep and our tour guide Howard showed us downtown. Then we went to our first snorkeling stop: the tugboat. We were the only ones here and the snorkeling was the best we’d ever done, and we’ve done a lot of snorkeling. We saw squid and there was an abundance of fish. We stopped at the old quarantine hospital for a quick history lesson and a local snack. I can’t remember the name, but they were stuffed pastries, similar to an empanada. Our next snorkeling stop was also great. There was lots of coral and a drop off. We had another snack of watermelon before wrapping up the tour. Howard took us to the fort for great views of the island and then back to the dock. We walked to a fort turned shopping mall for a quick lunch and then went over the floating bridge to more shops. I thought the shopping was great here! On our way back over the floating bridge is started to open and all the tourists (including us) went running and jumped onto the dock. Little did we know, we could have got off on the other side. We gave the locals a good laugh! Our favorite part about Curacao was all the colorful houses that look like we were actually in Holland. Once back on board we watched us leave port at the Curacao sail away party. The crown and anchor party for early seating was at the same time, so we decided we’d go to the late seating party. We got ready for dinner, which was the get out there dinner. A lot of people go to Portofino on Wednesday, but I liked this menu. After dinner we went to the Crown and Anchor party, where the loyalty ambassador announced news about the Oasis, but that’s already been on CC for days. She also announced that the AOS itinerary will be changing and it will be introducing 2 new islands: Grenada and St. Croix. The captain was here and it was another great opportunity for free cocktails! Tonight was the Quest, “Can’t Stop the Rock” and 70’s disco street party, but we didn’t go to any of that. We did, however, go to the helipad tonight. To get to the helipad go through the imperial lounge and all the way forward.

Thursday was spent relaxing and enjoying everything the AOS has to offer. We played mini golf, relaxed by the pool, went inline skating, went to a napkin folding demonstration, watched the Ms.Bi-cep competition and went to lunch and Johnny Rockets. YUM! That night was formal night and we all got dressed up again. Dinner was nice, and incuded the fisherman’s platter (Lobster). If you missed the first skate show, you could catch it again tonight. The headliner show was Howie and Bert: on the edge. They were funny (and crazy) . They juggled and performed crazy stunts. It was a great day….

MORE REVIEW TO COME…

Thanks for posting your review. Looking forward to reading the rest of it.

I too am staying at the Radisson and have a couple of questions. How much was the taxi from the airport and taxi to the pier? Is there a Walgreens a couple of blocks away? Is that Catholic church within walking distance? Do you know if the English mass at 9:30 is every Sunday? Do all the rooms have a balcony?

Does the balcony on the ship have a light? I remember the Radiance did not have one. TIA

It was $17.50 with 4 bags from the irport to the hotel. It was $16.00 with 4 bags from the hotel to Pan Am pier. There's a Walgreens a couple blocks a way and a convienence store a really close to the hotel. There is a Burger King, Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts all within walking distance. The church is straight down the road about 2-3 blocks. According to the

bulletin I have in front of me they have English mass every sunday at 9:30 and 12:30, as well as a vigil mass Saturday at 4:30. If you give me your e-mail, I'll email you the front of the bulletin with the address, phone number and mass schedule. As far as I know all the rooms had balconies, but don't hold me to that!

PICTURES OF CURACAO:

The first picture was taken from the fort we were taken to on the tour.

The second picture is of all the colorful buildings found in Willenstad.

The third picture is of the floating bridge.

:D :p :D

Beautiful. Can't wait.

I don't have the menus but I do know that monday night was the captain's gala dinner, tuesday was italian night, and wednesday was the "get out there dinner."

If you look the menus are posted on the forum somewhere, i think buffettfan's reviews have them.

Thanks for the great review. I cannot wait to read the rest.

We leave in 60 hours (but who is counting) for San Juan. Flying in the day before as well. Can't wait. This is our first RCCL cruise in 10 years.

For everyone patiently waiting for their compasses, I'm scanning them now. It won't be long!:D

I too would really appreciate a copy of the compasses when you can, please to two_cats574@hotmail.com There's an undersore between two & cats

Also i'm sailing in Oct with my 4 y.o, grandaughter, my any chance to you remember, if you noticed, which night the Adventure Ocean kids did their pirate parade around the ship and through the dining room?

Thanks in advance.

I too would really appreciate a copy of the compasses when you can, please to two_cats574@hotmail.com There's an undersore between two & cats

Also i'm sailing in Oct with my 4 y.o, grandaughter, my any chance to you remember, if you noticed, which night the Adventure Ocean kids did their pirate parade around the ship and through the dining room?

Thanks in advance.

I want to say it was Tuesday ot wednesday, but I'm not 100% sure...:o

Archived