Anyone have pics of Labadee?

BabySam99

Labadee is in Haiti. RCCL calls it Labadee to avoid the scary sound of saying Haiti. It is a private area owned by RCCL. It is very nice. You do not mingle with the locals there, except in the shopping area. I tried to attach a picture but the file was too big. I will try to email you directly. Bon Voyage.....

I just checked RCCL site and my itinerary has been changed from GC to Labadee. I dont know much about Hispanolia...was wondering if anyone had pics or reviews. I searched couldnt find anything. Thanks. :)

We were at Labadee on our extended Mariner of the Seas cruise last month... had not been since they added the Aquapark.. There were plenty of chairs (in shade and sun) for all and Mariner is a huge ship. There are several beaches .. we went to the one near the water park and it was never crowded, had a great bar and the barbecue lunch they tote ashore and cook is awesome. The floats at I think $10 a day are a bargain..the Aquapark looks great but those cushy floating icebergs etc. are hard to get up on in the water and IMHO it's not worth the $15 for a hour..

They have tram that runs between the beaches, a craft market and lots of watersports.. Jet skies and parasailing very popular.. IMHO it's a really, nice relaxing beach day and I'm not a "beach person".. the chairs are comfy and the more "upscale" craft area has some decent art actually...

Hope this helps.

Labadee was nice - very secluded if you wander to the farther end of the island. While we were there in August this year, some of the locals put on a show under a pavillion area - lots of dancing, music and even a man who ate fire, walked on fire, etc. Very interesting ... :)

Here's a few pictures (sorry they're soooo small). :(

197948830wtURGm_th.jpg.067182a67615c7d5d57c3200a8da7864.jpg

197951967TKjKmD_th.jpg.d8b8b3ebe18c2a43b346f97fcd4e07d0.jpg

197952572Ozxdge_th.jpg.76e0e2fad9435ec6832f8d376e297106.jpg

197951346sYrupR_th.jpg.defc4bdb3176efd599b973249ca53f5e.jpg

Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate the info. For those of you who so graciously offered to e-mail me pics my e-mail is kimberliej2003@charter.net

Is it true that there are armed guards all around? I have done a lot of reading about Labadee (I know that this is not the correct spelling and the name was changed awhile back) I know that it is in Haiti, and area of unrest, which makes me a little concerned. Also was told by a friend that the local Haitians stand by this enormous fence. I would feel uncomfortable and sad if this is true. Thanks guys for all the help. :D

Kim

Labadee was nice - very secluded if you wander to the farther end of the island. While we were there in August this year, some of the locals put on a show under a pavillion area - lots of dancing, music and even a man who ate fire, walked on fire, etc. Very interesting ... :)

Here's a few pictures (sorry they're soooo small). :(

I could see them fine, thanks for the pics! :)

Here is one picture --

I have it as my wallpaper at work and I sometimes get teased that the older gentleman in the speedo is the focus. I don't think so!!! ;)

Sure Vicki...whatever you want to say...I'm sure your focus was the Speedo clad man...love a man in a speedo....he he he:p

I have a number of pictures in my Explorer albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/jean_lynd. We really enjoyed our day there. Did not see the fence or the armed gaurds. We spent the day at Hideaway beach and loved it. A lot of people stop at the first beach right around the tender area so it gets very crowded there while we had Hideaway practically to ourselves. One of the BBQ stands was set up very close and there was a bar and restrooms within a short walk. I hope this helps!

Archived