Newbie cruisers ?s

storm15

I will try not to ask questions that have been answered a million times and stick to ones that have only been asked thousands of times..:)

We are only cruising for 3 nights on NCL Sky. Do you think it is worth it to buy the soda card if two days of our trip are spent in port?

What is this horribly scary motion sickness business I am hearing about that is post cruise? Yuck! My hubby gets motion sick anyway and we considered the patch, should we avoid as it seems connected to the post cruise yuckies.

Also, our TA said, lemonade, fruit punch, water, ice tea and coffee were included. Does that mean we can get it anywhere or only at meal time?

Sorry if this is repetitive I am trying to search, but its time consuming and we leave in 8 weeks.

Soda card? Depends on how soda's you think you would drink each day.

Motion Sickness and Patch - you might want to read through the recent posting about someone that got sick and ask questions there. Generally, it is rare. You could just do the pills.

Water, coffee and tea are available most of the time at the buffet. Don't think so about the others.

The soda card is good if you drink a lot of soda. If you plan to dink more than 3 soda a day you might want to buy it. Some people bring the own soda on board with them and ask the cabin attendent to fill up the ice bucket.

Limonade, fruit punch, ice tea, and coffee are availible all the time in the buffet area.

Some people get sea sick at sea, some get it when the cruise is over, and some don't at all. Motion sickness pill help if you get it when the cruise is over.

Dan

I take those little packets they sell that you add to bottled water, lemonade, raspberry, punch, etc. You can always get a glass of ice water on the ship. Those packets are tiny, fit in my pocket and are 8 for $1 at Dollar Tree (Wyler's). Also, the raspberry mixes well with water and vodka. I am ordering a bottle of vodka and will make raspberry "cape cods" easily in my room.

Thanks, Hubby and Son are big soda drinkers with meals, does it work with meals also? How does that work? Do you show it at dinner? Sorry to be a pain.

Also another question....we are allowed to get in line at noon for a 5o'clock cruise. Do we have to carry our luggage around with us on the ship until our rooms are ready or do they keep it? We are going on a weeklong vaca after the 3 day cruise and am now worried about the size of the luggage.

In April I was on a 2 night on Dawn. And when we boarded about 1 p.m. our room was ready. There was no holding area for luggage, if our room had not been ready it would have been wheeled wherever I went.

you can bring your sodas...more luggage to carry on, but it works. especially since you only need it for the ship, with your port days you can refill for the trip back.

the flavor packets work really great, easy to pack. when asked if you want water, remember to tell him tap water, bottles cost.

The soda cards work in resturants and all the bars. Most of the time at the resturants they will ask if you have the soda program, but not always. I usually told them I had it and they brought me a glass of soda. Room service only uses the cans and they will charge you about 2 bux for a soda, they will tell you that there is a charge for it when you call everytime and make sure you are aware of it. Water (tap), iced tea, coffee is available all day, juice, milk is only available during meals. We took the single kool aids as well.

I just got off yesterday and still find myself swaying a bit lol. I don't get seasick and love the sway of the boat. I have found that ginger pills and ginger ale works great for the motion issue both on board and now that I am off. My daughter drank ginger ale on board and green apples (she's 10) and never felt ill.

Archived