How mobbed is the ship on Thanksgiving?

Considering a Miracle SOuthern 8 day that is at sea over Thanksgiving. I'm wondering if it's as mobbed with kids (although we'll be sailing with a few, I'd prefer they not be the majority on a sailing we're on) as President's Day is rumored to be, or sailings during the summer? Just looking for some input.

Thanks.

The Valor this year will be our 6th Thanksgiving cruise in a row on 4 different lines. All ships have been sold out and all had LOTS of kids. A lot of school districts ours included have the entire Thanksgiving week off. If you don't want to sail with a lot of families or kids I'd pick a different week. It's convenient for us and the weather's been great in November so that's why we go but there are tons of kids.

We're booked over Thanksgiving this year for the first time (because we want more teens on board.) Everyone on our roll call except for one couple has kids/teens with them (26 adults, 20 kids I think)

For those who have sailed over Thanksgiving previously, doesCarnival do anything special on Thanksgiving Day?

Shari

P.S. We did consider the Miracle, but decided against it, since it left on the Friday, and we thought there might be less teens due to that.

Just a bunch of Turkeys take the cruise (hehe) - The kids have a great time with all of the other kids. If you take your kids when not too many kids are on the ship, it is not as much fun for them. Go for it!

Considering a Miracle SOuthern 8 day that is at sea over Thanksgiving. I'm wondering if it's as mobbed with kids (although we'll be sailing with a few, I'd prefer they not be the majority on a sailing we're on) as President's Day is rumored to be, or sailings during the summer? Just looking for some input.

Thanks.

Ships are at max capacity thanks to all the kids.500+ that week as a rule.

Steve

My son did this cruise before he was married and was overwhelmed by the amount of kids.....and yes, they did still have a child. He said the MAJOR item was the cost of airfare. Be sure to check that out before you book because he didn't, and the airfare cost MORE THAN THE CRUISE...and he had a Jr. Suite on Princess.

We have sailed twice over the Thanksgiving holiday and both times the ship was full with families. Yes, there are lots of kids. On both cruises, I was pleased that the kids were well mannered and we had no problems but plan on a lot of families. Travelgirl

We have sailed twice over the Thanksgiving holiday and both times the ship was full with families. Yes, there are lots of kids. On both cruises, I was pleased that the kids were well mannered and we had no problems but plan on a lot of families. Travelgirl

I hope for the same ;) !!

I guess now I am really grateful to have my 9A wrap to retreat to - if things are bad :D .

We have cruised a few times over Thanksgiving and at the meeting for Camp Carnival they said there were 1,000 kids on board. However, there never seem to be a problem or I would have not cruised again at that time. We are going on the Miracle this year.

We took our teens on a Thanksgiving cruise on the Miracle when she was sailing out of Tampa.

Seemed as if there were a lot of teens on board but our kids had a blast and don't remember any of the other kids being out of hand at any time.

Like all holidays and the summer time, you will have more teens on board.

Thanksgiving meal was not all that good compared to the other meals, but at least they tried to have some turkey.

Archived