Red dot on door handle?

We were on the Vision a couple weeks back, and on day 2, this red dot showed up on the door handle of the cabin next to us. Anyone know what this is for?

http://Deano.smugmug.com/photos/317890198_GCVSL-L.jpg

The people in that room must have been moved, because after day 1, we never saw them again. We did hear (what sounded like) occasional work in there at odd hours, and the dot came off the handle on the last day of the cruise. We figured something was wrong with the room, just curious to see if anyone has seen that before.

One day while we were in port, the crew had some kind of drill that involved our deck. We came back before the drill was complete and there were markers on all of our doors in the hall. We saw our room steward and he told us the markers showed that every room had been checked for whatever drill they had.

In the case of your door, I really don't know what could have happened or what that marker meant. Maybe it did symbolize that the room had been vacated for whatever reason.

Yea, not sure what happened, but I don't think it was part of any drill. The family in that room was with a large wedding party on the boat, and after we got back on the boat in Cabo, I happened to be in line at the guest relations counter behind two older ladies from the same wedding party, and they were complaining about something related to that room, although I couldn't hear what was said. I wasn't even paying attention to what they were saying until they gave the cabin number :). After that all I heard was the person behind the desk apologize and tell them they'd take care of it.

Odd :)

I'm thinkin sewage - pax complaint - moved room - red is the color for biohazard

Yea, not sure what happened, but I don't think it was part of any drill. The family in that room was with a large wedding party on the boat, and after we got back on the boat in Cabo, I happened to be in line at the guest relations counter behind two older ladies from the same wedding party, and they were complaining about something related to that room, although I couldn't hear what was said. I wasn't even paying attention to what they were saying until they gave the cabin number :). After that all I heard was the person behind the desk apologize and tell them they'd take care of it.

Maybe they tried to sneak alcohol on-board and was caught. They probably spent the rest of the cruise in the "naughty room." :p And the red dot was telling the cabin steward that he didn't need to clean the cabin anymore since the people were no longer in it.

Maybe they complained about their neighbours having too much fun during night times;) :D

Just kidding:D

I

We were on a cruise which had Code Red on the previous cruise. All the room numbers were marked with a red or green dot. Some rooms had one of each color.

I just assumed it was to designate who was sick and who wasn't.

It's the only time I have ever seen this.

Pat

it sounds to me like the occupants may have been sick...maybe quarantined...this would "remind" the cabin steward to use extra precautions before entering and when cleaning...

red does indicate "biohazard" (infectious waste) in the medical field...

chances are, if you would have asked the cabin steward he wouldn't have told you anyway...privacy issues... they can tell you if there are alot of sick folks onboard but can't specify who...(at least they shouldn't)

if they vacated that cabin , maybe they were so sick they were taken off the ship for care??? just a thought...

Marsha

I agree with AllieInMD. If there was a sewage problem with the bathroom or some kind of plumbing issue, and the people were moved, the dot could mean biohazard, or in the case of an emergency, when the stewards check all of the rooms, that the room is empty and should be skipped.

Archived