Cabanas - So how do you get one?

maxxboy

New to HAL. I'll be on the Eurodam in December and would like to know what is involved in getting a cabana. TIA.

If you are you referring to the new cabanas onboard I'm not sure. I think we'll have to wait until next month to find that one out. I'm interested in one as well, but here's a little bit of info

Luxury cabanas treat guests extra special on Eurodam

Holland America's first Signature-class ship, Eurodam, will feature private tented cabanas on two decks when it debuts in July. Guests will be charged $30-$75 per day for the luxury cabanas, which will be located on the Observation Deck in an area called the Retreat and by the midship pool on the Lido Deck. Each cabana will feature chaise lounges, ottomans and settees, plus bathrobes, towels, handheld fans, an Evian spray mister and iPods with preloaded music. If that is not enough, chilled water and iced fruit skewers will be served in the cabanas during the morning. Afternoon delights will include frozen grapes, chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne

If you are you referring to the new cabanas onboard I'm not sure. I think we'll have to wait until next month to find that one out.

You stroll the deck, see someone that looks gullible and insist that you had a crush on them in College while using their towels, eating their grapes and drinking their champagne...

...until the spouse comes along.

;)

In all honesty, I'm sure that either the Excursion desk or the Spa onboard will take the reservations - but we'll let everyone know in a week or so.

If you want the cabanas on the Eurodam, you can reserve them by calling HAL. They are available in advance at the Lido pool if you purchase a week ($199). If you want to go by the day, you must wait until embarkation and take your chance that one is available.

I am bringing my family (12 of us) and I reserved one for the Thanksgiving cruise to have a central meeting place. Even though they only are for 4 people at a time, it will work for our group and IMHO, will be worth it since all the others are first time cruisers.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to call HAL and get the latest on renting a Retreat cabana. The rep said it would be $299 total for the week (you currently have to book a cabana for your entire cruise). Since we wanted a Retreat cabana I didn't get the current pricing for one on the Lido. I was also told they had Family cabanas (don't remember the price but it requires at least 4 people) which are the two corner Retreat cabanas. Had to pay upfront but I specifically asked if we could get a refund if we changed our minds before the cruise and was told we could (I asked twice). :-)

For ours I went online to the HAL website about 9 months before our cruise and booked it there. It was listed under our available shore excursions. I paid $249 for the yellow cabana. Hope this helps. :D
I think the OP is talking about a cabana on the ship.

Blue skies ...

--rita

You stroll the deck, see someone that looks gullible and insist that you had a crush on them in College while using their towels, eating their grapes and drinking their champagne...

...until the spouse comes along.

;)

Or you just wait until they disappear and then move in. :)

Nobody is gonna rent a cabana and then use it all day, everyday. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Or you just wait until they disappear and then move in. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

LOL! That's why I made sure we could get a refund if we discover people like that were going to be a problem!

Decided to call HAL and get the latest on renting a Retreat cabana. The rep said it would be $299 total for the week (you currently have to book a cabana for your entire cruise). Since we wanted a Retreat cabana I didn't get the current pricing for one on the Lido. I was also told they had Family cabanas (don't remember the price but it requires at least 4 people) which are the two corner Retreat cabanas. Had to pay upfront but I specifically asked if we could get a refund if we changed our minds before the cruise and was told we could (I asked twice). :-)

is it $299 for the cabana or per person? if it is for the cabana how do they require 4 people for the family cabanas?

thanks!

is it $299 for the cabana or per person? if it is for the cabana how do they require 4 people for the family cabanas?

thanks!

That was for the for the two of us. I don't recall the cost of the Family cabana, but the rep said it was for four people. Since we weren't interested I didn't ask more about it.

You have to reserve one for the entire week?

Don't like that idea.

To book a cabana prior to your cruise it has to be for the entire cruise. You can book individual days once on board, assuming there is still a cabana available.

Archived