You cruise director's name?

We were on the Celebration in 2002 and Dave Armour was the CD. He was fantastic! So funny with his "shippy things" bit. Anyone know if he is still a CD with Carnival or anywhere?

He has since passed on the the great big cruiseship in the sky.

Darth-- I have been wracking my brain too about that CD on Sensation was in 1995 or so??

I thought his name was Steve, sandy blonde hair... VERY good CD and very personable... He was from or had lived in San Diego. Was it Steve Cassel?? Or Steve Knisley or do I have the name horribly wrong it is way early here...

I agree Todd Wittmer is great, the kindest nicest CD I have met. Also loved Karl with a K when he was an Assistant CD. He was a blast during Survivor....One day I will sail with John Heald, that is my goal.

Fred do you know who we are talking about?

Also had a great CD a few years back on RCL Vision... he hypnotized me and made me do weird things though...*mutters about a purple dinosaur* Gosh what was his name.. must have been a post hypnotic suggestion to forget it. The devil. He was by far the most entertaining as himself.

Nancy

We had Kevin Noonan on the Imagination in May 2008. We liked him. Thought he was funny.

Noonan is a neat fellow. He is currently starting his role as an "Acting CD".

You have to do this for one year before Carnival will offer you a full time CD position.

Here are the cruise directors on our cruises. For the most part they are on different ships now. Todd and Shawn were fabulous.

Carnival Glory Shawn Bussey Oct 2005:)

Carnival Triumph Stuart Dunn May 2006

Carnival Miracle Tori Secoy Feb 2007

Carnival Imagination Kevin Noonan Feb 2008

Carnival Freedom Todd Wittmer Apr 2008:)

I agree Todd Wittmer is great, the kindest nicest CD I have met. Also loved Karl with a K when he was an Assistant CD. He was a blast during Survivor....One day I will sail with John Heald, that is my goal.

I remember Karl with a K from 2002 also as an assistant CD. Has he become a CD and if so anyone know on what ship?

May 2008 Holiday....Steve Cassel Love this guy!!:D

he seemed like a really nice guy, was very funny and can pick a mean violin and fiddle. Plus I read on here that he drives my dream car! A RED one at that! :D

Carnivale - Ken Daly

Seaward - Brian B something

Festivale - Eddie Capone

Carnivale - ???

Imagination - John Heald

Sensation - Graham Seymore

Grandeur - some guy that looked like Mr. French

Destiny - John Heald again (YEAH)

Enchantment - Ken Rush

Grandeur - ???

Voyager - Jeffrey Arpin

Pride - ???

Galaxy - Susan Wood

Mariner - ??? very good CD, just can't remember her name (Started as a dancer)

Grandeur - ???

Explorer - ???

Crown Princess - Kelvin Joy

these may be chronologically out of order, I'm doing it from memory.

Fantasy the first time-- Steven Kirkland

Imagination-- Shawn Bussey

Fantasy the second time-- Shawn Bussey

Carnival Pride-- Josh Riffe

Inspiration-- Marahscalh Stanton

Carnival Triumph-- John Heald

Carnival Miracle-- Chris Roberts

Carnival Glory-- Mark Price

Carnival Legend-- Chris Roberts

Carnival Glory-- Dana Hodson

Carnival Freedom-- John Heald

Upcoming--Carnival Fantasy 2/19/09--John Heald--Bloggers cruise 2

Gary, Greg's restaurant is Joe Jack's Fish Shack. I agree, Greg Kneale was the best. Old school Cruise Directors are hard to find.

Thanks mrcharles,

I really appreciate it. WHen I can't cruise the Riviera, I frequently fly down to Puerto Vallarta and always wanted to look him up. Thanks again. :)

I surprised myself. I remembered 21 out of 23 cruises.

GEEEEZ,:eek: Nancy, that is amazing. I could only remember one out of all of 'em (16 I think) and then only because I had him on 3 consecutive cruises on 3 different ships. Just incredible. Congratulations ! ! :)

GEEEEZ,:eek: Nancy, that is amazing. I could only remember one out of all of 'em (16 I think) and then only because I had him on 3 consecutive cruises on 3 different ships. Just incredible. Congratulations ! ! :)

I humbly appear on this thread with open-mouthed amazement!! 512.gif

I cannot remember ONE cruise director - from 30 years of cruising. It just isn't that important to me, I guess.

They all seem to do a fine job, emcee the events with enthusiasm and skill, make the announcements needed, etc. But, I'm hard pressed to recall one thing about any of them.

That being said, they hold a very important position onboard. They work their fannies off making sure folks are having a good time, fielding questions, calming nerves, settling disputes, etc. I have nothing but respect for anyone in that position.

.....but, I have never "cozied up" and become buddies with them......nor paid any attention to what they might be doing.

I'm impressed with y'all, folks.:confused:

I humbly appear on this thread with open-mouthed amazement!! 512.gif

I cannot remember ONE cruise director - from 30 years of cruising. It just isn't that important to me' date=' I guess.

They all seem to do a fine job, emcee the events with enthusiasm and skill, make the announcements needed, etc. But, I'm hard pressed to recall one thing about any of them.

That being said, they hold a very important position onboard. They work their fannies off making sure folks are having a good time, fielding questions, calming nerves, settling disputes, etc. I have nothing but respect for anyone in that position.

.....but, I have never "cozied up" and become buddies with them......nor paid any attention to what they might be doing.

I'm impressed with y'all, folks.:confused:[/quote']

We may ( or may not) have gotten to know them so well, if we did not have a son with Autism. When Funship Freddie was introduced in 2003, (our son has panic attacks around mascots) we thought we would have to stop cruising.

But Corporate made it possible to use the Entertainment staff as a "buffer" to protect him from FF and now 22 cruises later...our son LOVES cruising and has actually used this experience to learn to compensate (extract himself safely when exposed). He still won't go shake his hand, but he has learned (at the age of 16) that he can "co-exist" from a distance on the ship with FF.

Archived