Too tight?

spittler

We are looking at the Sapphire for next year. I believe the ship gets back to LA at 7AM. Is an 11:25 flight at LAX too close to call, or do you think we would be able to make it?

I have been to LAX. It can be nuts with the traffic and check-in. I would book a flight in the afternoon. Anytime after 1pm. :)

We are looking at the Sapphire for next year. I believe the ship gets back to LA at 7AM. Is an 11:25 flight at LAX too close to call, or do you think we would be able to make it?

I live just north of Los Angeles and have been in Ca since 1970. Book an afternoon flight. With the added security measures at the airport plus the traffic on the 110 and 405 you'd enver make it....

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

What day of the week? If it is a sunday morning you will probably be fine. During the week....probably tight or not at all. Also if you are flying 1st class and can skip the long lines you will probably be ok. The physical distance is not great

If your one of the first off the ship and use a Taxi, I say go for it.

and if its a Sunday i would say no prob.;)

good luck

It's on a Saturday. We would do the express walk-off so that we are among the first off.

No problem at all, we take a 10:40 flight regularly and have no problem.

But have an alternate plan just in case. :)

It's on a Saturday. We would do the express walk-off so that we are among the first off.
You should be OK but as always, the freeways around Los Angeles are nuts. When we were disembarking from the Sapphire in May, our limo was well over an hour late because of an accident on the 405. Accidents happen all the time and who knows if some utility company will decide it's a perfect time to do some work so as has been said, I'd have a plan "B" in place.

Three cruise ships came in on the day we disembarked. LAX airport was a zoo. Although many pax had different departure times, the cruise line transfer buses, all the taxis, shuttles, and vans descended on the airport at the same time. The check-in lines, check-in luggage lines, and the security lines were something like we had never seen before. Took us almost 2 hours to get to the departure gate.

It would be for me.... but then I like to leave some leeway and not cut things too close. ;)

Archived