Air Fare?

Does Carnival offer Air Fare with as a convenience?

If so, is it discounted or actually more than what you would pay if booking on your own?

Thanks

Kris

Yes they do.

I have done it and saved some money and other times it was cheaper to get your own

There is a board on Cruise Critic called Cruise Air. There is a sticky at the top that will tell you all the details about cruise air.

Yes, the cruise line does it as an agent. Just like a travel agent and they assume no extra responcibilyt than a travel agent booking your flight. You usually have to book your seats and decide if you need an air deviation to fit you schedules. I find that round trip through cruise air cost at least double what I can book myself. Open jaw/multi cities sometimes work well through the cruise line.

If you want the details or even to ask for folks to help you find cheap routes check out the cruise air board.

Good Luck

Depending on where you are flying from and factoring in how airfares have skyrocketed, its a good idea to atleast get the pice of cruise air.

You can even add it to your booking now and cancel it, if you find something cheaper. You just have to cancel before final payment is due.

The one thing about cruise air the price remains the same, so for holiday sailing it can really be a nice deal.

I have never used cruise air, but some on this board swear by it, especially those in Canada.

Ya cruise air is much cheaper for me from Canada.Right now its almost 300 bucks a person cheaper plus the hotel is included in Miami.The cruise buys blocks and probably locked a bunch of seats in awhile ago before the airlines raised there prices.i agree get the air with the cruise if its comparable then wait to see if you can get it on your own afterwards.Remember also you will need to pay for a hotel on your own at 150 to 200 bucks if you book your own air.My cruise air is 540 canadian including a hotel in Miami and now on NWA its at 830 US. approx . It also may depend on your TA ?? I seem to have a good one looking out for me.

We originally booked Carnival air for our cruise out of San Juan in July. We canceled a month later when we found we could book our own flights for $200 less per person. We were also assured of getting the exact non-stop flights that we wanted. It's important to check both ways to see which is the better deal for you!

The one thing about cruise air the price remains the same, so for holiday sailing it can really be a nice deal.

The issue of the airfare being secured is being discussed on the Princess Board.... someone posted that they got an email from Princess and their TA that air fares costs booked thru the cruiseline are subject to change and increases due to volitility of airfares right now, and may be adjusted until time of final payment. Some have posted that they are going to pay their cruise off ASAP to avoid this potential scenario !

If this is true, I was thinking it would have to occur soon with the rising costs of airfare ! We may be seeing this industry wide for those choosing to use cruiseline air in the future.

We originally booked Carnival air for our cruise out of San Juan in July. We canceled a month later when we found we could book our own flights for $200 less per person. We were also assured of getting the exact non-stop flights that we wanted. It's important to check both ways to see which is the better deal for you!

May be the exact flights you wanted, but will those flights be adjusted or cancelled will be the million dollar question ! Just keep checking for schedule changes in the future as the airlines are not to good at advising their passengers of flight schedule changes or cancellations that are occuring with all the major carriers today ! :D

I hope all your flights work out as planned and wish you a GREAT CRUISE !

we have a wonderful lady acting as our cruise consultant

at CCL..she got us a great military discount..

then when i inquired about adding air..she said she could

book us our flight..but, that we could probably do better on

our own..same with hotel planning..DIY and save $$$

Will we see this airfare increase potential happen on all cruiselines in the future ??? I bet so

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=797804

Yes, I guess it was just a matter of time. They could be another reason they pulled Freedom from Europe. Im sure many people were booked on cruise air at rates that became too volatile for Carnival.

Archived