Crown Princess compared to Caribbean Princess

gavinfromlondon

My wife and I recently went on a cruise on Caribbean Princess (this was our first Princess cruise) which we really enjoyed.

We're considering doing a European cruise on Crown Princess and are assuming that the Crown Princess is a better equivalent of the Caribbean Princess given that it's newer and has more recent features.

Is this a fair assumption or are there things that people have disliked about the Crown compared to the Caribbean? Are the ships pretty much identical in terms of layout etc?

Many thanks

Gavin

My wife and I recently went on a cruise on Caribbean Princess (this was our first Princess cruise) which we really enjoyed.

We're considering doing a European cruise on Crown Princess and are assuming that the Crown Princess is a better equivalent of the Caribbean Princess given that it's newer and has more recent features.

Is this a fair assumption or are there things that people have disliked about the Crown compared to the Caribbean? Are the ships pretty much identical in terms of layout etc?

Many thanks

Gavin

Gavin, while the two ships are not identical, they are very similar in layout. If you plan to sail after January of '09, after the CB's upgrade, the ships will be even more alike. The Piazza will be identical with the additions of the International Cafe where the Lobby Bar is now and across will be Vines and the Computer area. New additions will be that the CB will get The Sanctuary above the Lotus Spa pool, Sterlings and the computer cafe area will become the Crown Grill. Differences will still be the placement of Sabatini's...it's much larger and on a higher deck with sweeping views on the Crown. The Adagio lounge, which is a newer lovely bar and lounge right next door. On the Crown, there is no shopping cart handle, so Skywalkers is right above the kids area and does not block the aft Terrace Pool. The Wheelhouse Bar is in a different location on Promenade Deck forward on the Crown. The Crown Grill on the Crown is where Sabatini's and the Wheelhouse Bar are on CB. Phew...I hope that wasn't too confusing.

My DH and I have been on both ships. We traveled on the Crown first, so when we sailed on CB we missed a few of the Crown's amenities. After the January '09 drydock,though, many of those lounges will be on CB as well, so we look forward to seeing the new and improved CB.

If you loved CB, you'll love the Crown.

Many thanks

Gavin

We sailed the CB last September and loved the ship . We sail on the Crown in October and can't wait. Enjoy your cruise....

Crown is our favorite ship.

Little different layout than the sister ships - CB.

Can't say a bad thing about it, only that I had to get off....:rolleyes:...:D

Many thanks

Gavin

Your assumption is absolutely right...the Crown is a better equivalent of the Caribbean Princess. We have sailed on both ships and the Crown is our favorite. We booked the Emerald because the Crown was so terrific! We had no problems with overcrowding on the Crown and we really enjoyed the new Piazza area. The addition of Vines (wine & sushi bar) and the International Cafe in the Piazza area were great. If you book the beautiful Crown Princess you're in for a real treat! ;)

Archived