Loyal Carnival Customer Not Happy

GayleR

This is like monopolizing the shore excursion market. I don't think they should have a stronghold on private companies like this.....but....I think it is a win win for everyone in business. The private tour companies are probably gauranteed full excursions and CCL makes money on it too.

I never book private tours anyway, I always go through the ship because i do not want them leaving without me. It did almost happen once.

Oh stop it ! ! You demean yourself when you play the "throw in the towel" statement like that.

I'm certainly not a Carnival Cheerleader . . . I frequently criticize things they do, but in this case, I explained it simply as a business manuever. Its done all the time - called "blocking or buying out competition" and "maximizing profits". Any business person would try to do the same thing. Carnival has a fiduciary resonsiblity to its stockholders to do just that. Corporations aren't supposed to be saints. They're expected to operate within the law (that's their "moral" standard). The more Carnival can make on business propositions like this the LESS you and I will pay for cruises.

You presented an arguement and some posters disagreed with it . . . happens all the time. No reason to pickup your toys and go home. :)

How about this MORAL arguement:

The independent operators owe Carnival something because CARNIVAL delivers CUSTOMERS to them without compensation ? :D

oh I wasn't throwing in the towel! sure my earlier post was just a touch dramatic ;) But it seems that we are all prone to occasionally making comments filled with drama and sarcasm

Those rascally cruiseline operators ! ! :rolleyes:

and Twister . . . the nerve to act in their own best interests . . . what is this World coming to ? :)

No sarcasm allowed, mr BIG duck. Its obviously all Carnival's fault. They should let the middle man make money and let their own profits go.

maybe if I had added a smiley to my earlier post it would have been more acceptable? I'm still learning :)

It's all good, I get that everyone has differing opinions, and that's great. I had just had my fill of the "well it's business" arguments and cracked. No more demeaning posts from me, I promise!

Exactly!!!

Some of you guys are crazy. You are wanting to keep Carnival profits high so you don't have to pay more to cruise but in the meantime you are willing to pay more for drinks, gas, food and excursions. Theres a word for that... "Suckers" one born every minute.

I'm probably not one of the "some". But I probably am crazy. :D

Carnival would have to double their prices if everybody drank as little as I do. On my birthday cruise I've been known to consume as many as 5 beers on that celebratory day ! I write all my gas off to my company (the price of gas still not a good thing). I NEVER take excursions (Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan being the single exception). I prefer to mix with the locals and visit the little out of the way places nobody ever hears about or experiences. :)

If you're really upset about gas prices and food prices indirectly, and you should be, listen to this :

oh I wasn't throwing in the towel! sure my earlier post was just a touch dramatic ;) But it seems that we are all prone to occasionally making comments filled with drama and sarcasm

maybe if I had added a smiley to my earlier post it would have been more acceptable? I'm still learning :)

It's all good' date=' I get that everyone has differing opinions, and that's great. I had just had my fill of the "well it's business" arguments and cracked. No more demeaning posts from me, I promise!

Well, after reflection, I must confess, "demeaning" was a bad word choice. I apologize. :)

Hmmmm, my favorite excursion is through Mystic Snorkel. Rosi does her own booking, as far as I can tell, she doesn't use tour brokers. I guess if the only way I could go on Mystic's excursion was through a Cruise Line, or a Tour Broker, that's what I'd do. Call me selfish, I guess, hey..it's all about me. Pancho and Charlie's prolly put some roadside vendors out of business, too, but I'm not upset with them. I'm not being sarcastic or a Carnival cheerleader but I just don't understand why I'd be mad at a Cruise Line OR a tour for making an exclusive agreement. AND, it's just my lil ole humble opinion, I swear!

Donna

This is another downside to the mega ships.

I have never and will never book with the cruiseline, but I can understand why they do what they do. Its a business and their first concern is to take care of people that book excursion through them.

Unfortunately, they are not really "taking care" of us; it is not like they are passing along great savings for the groups they reserve....(this from another Carnival loyal:)

There are no cruise ship tours - only independent tours under contract to the cruise lines - not just Carnival. The independents wouldn't sign up for it if they didn't want to. Without the cruise ships, the demand for additional independent shore excursions wouldn't exist.

Everyone is happy and equilibrium of the universe is preserved.

Can I get a chorus of Kum By Ya?

Hi everyone. Just wanted you to know that I have 4 Carnival cruises and plan to be platinum some day.

I just found out that Carnival is going after independent excursion companies. I was inquiring about booking the Twister to Passion Island through an independent company and was told that they no longer can offer that excursion due to Carnival strong arming Passion Island. I think this is terrible. I know a lot of us prefer to book independently and it upsets me to know that Carnival is able to "put the squeeze" on the little independent excursion companies.

What do you think about this? And I wonder how many other independent tour companies they are going after.......

This is a Passion Island issue. If they choose to only allow tours through the cruise ship that is their choice. What it probably amounts to is that Carnival is guaranteeing them X dollars per day when a Carnival ship is in port regardless of how may people visit the island. The guarantee is smarter, from a business sense than dealing with the maybes who book independently.

This is a Passion Island issue. If they choose to only allow tours through the cruise ship that is their choice. What it probably amounts to is that Carnival is guaranteeing them X dollars per day when a Carnival ship is in port regardless of how may people visit the island. The guarantee is smarter, from a business sense than dealing with the maybes who book independently.

I'm sure carnival didnt guarantee any one anything. They just put more passangers on the island.

I just got an e-mail from Carrie who is with Passion Island.

She informed me that her rates for a trip (without the speed boat)

to the Island is $65, but after Monday it will go up to $80.

Not sure if this is a result of the Twister, but if you are thinking of booking, might want to do it now.

JB

Archived