disembarking from the Grand

Genessa

Does anyone who has recently sailed on the Grand in the British Isles remember approximately what time they began disembarkation?

DH reserved plane tickets for 10 minutes before the suggested Princess time to fly out after disembarking and I'm wondering how much I should stress.

I am a gold medal winning stressor (or is it stresser?).

Thanks!

I just got off the Grand last Thursday and I believe the first groups started getting off at 6:30am. I know that those with transfers to Heathrow and Gatwick were among the first to disembark.

I just got off the Grand last Thursday and I believe the first groups started getting off at 6:30am. I know that those with transfers to Heathrow and Gatwick were among the first to disembark.

thanks!

that seems like plenty of time. We did get a transfer and they said to make sure to tell the purser/pursar (why can't I spell lately?).

Disembarkation in Southampton is very quick and efficient. There are no customs and immigration procedures to go through when round-tripping from that port, so all you do is find your bags and off you go.

What you might encounter at Heathow, now that's another topic entirely! :eek:

We found ours on the 19th of June quite good actually. We were given the time 8:30 a.m. and we actually got off then and no customs as we had not been out of Great Britain due to our 'replaced port of LeHavre by Dover' and that went very well.

We were at our hotel near Gatwick before noon. We had an early flight so decided it was wise to go home the next day. I can highly recommend the copthorne Gatwick. We had a huge suite for about 84GBPs and it was a great place. They have a shuttle to the airport the next morning for 2.50 GB each. They have 4 restaurants to choose from.

As long as the places you visit are all in the EU, there will be no customs requirements. We've cruised from Southampton twice, and it's the only place I can honestly say disembarkation was as painless as it can possibly be.

As long as the places you visit are all in the EU, there will be no customs requirements. We've cruised from Southampton twice, and it's the only place I can honestly say disembarkation was as painless as it can possibly be.

good to hear!

I can't wait for my cruise :)

Archived