Suite Dining Priority

CocoKai

Read in the Teppenyaki thread that suites have dining priority and can book reservations 48 hours in advance. Is this really true? We are in 2 AF mini-suites and I was under the assumption that mini-suites really had no perks anymore.

If you can book 48 in advance, who do you call from home to book for sail away night? Can you book for every night up front?

Read in the Teppenyaki thread that suites have dining priority and can book reservations 48 hours in advance. Is this really true? We are in 2 AF mini-suites and I was under the assumption that mini-suites really had no perks anymore.

If you can book 48 in advance, who do you call from home to book for sail away night? Can you book for every night up front?

you can't call from home. You can reserve once you get on the ship. When you get on, in the Atrium they are taking reservations. if you see the concierge they can make the reservation for you.

I believe with the Freestyle 2.0 implemented anyone in balcony on up to the AF mini's can make their reservations 48 hrs in advance. 24 hours for cabin categories below that - and same day for higher catagories.

HUH???:confused:

2 days in adavnce for balcony & minis

1 day in advance for regular incude & outisde rooms

What do you mean same day for higher? Would suites (above AF category) be able to book MORE in advance?

We are in AB- can you book the regular dining room for a certain time in advance or do we get to go to head of the line?

For penthouse suites and above, your concierge will assist you in making all your reservations. You can make them for all days on the first day or whenever you want. Just let him or her know.

ahhh the benefits of these suites/penthouses. book for the whole week and just relax. adjust the time as needed.

...We are in AB- can you book the regular dining room for a certain time in advance or do we get to go to head of the line?

I do not think you can go to head of line. But, in 6 cruises, I have never seen a line more than 5 minutes long anyways.

HUH???:confused:

2 days in adavnce for balcony & minis

1 day in advance for regular incude & outisde rooms

What do you mean same day for higher -Would suites (above AF category) be able to book MORE in advance?

We are in AB- can you book the regular dining room for a certain time in advance or do we get to go to head of the line?

I'm not having a clear day - my bad.

All catagories (suites AB and above) can book their reservations first day with the concierge - however, if you want to book same day (change of plans etc.) you can & will be accomodated. So, both ways are acceptable.

ahhh the benefits of these suites/penthouses. book for the whole week and just relax. adjust the time as needed.
Boy, that's sure true. 'Tis a sweet life in a suite. I sure wish we could afford them more often. We paid for one outright (an AE), but all our other sweet experiences have been the result of upsells. :)

I'm not having a clear day - my bad.

All catagories (suites AB and above) can book their reservations first day with the concierge

All categories, suites AE and above, can book all of their reservations on the first day with the concierge.

This is true for most ships, older ships may not have "AE" categories.

- however, if you want to book same day (change of plans etc.) you can & will be accomodated. So, both ways are acceptable.
Not necessarily. For example, if Teppanyaki is booked, then you cannot get a reservation. To get a reservation would mean to cancel someone else's reservation, which will not happen (nor should it happen!).

When booked in a Penthouse suite or higher category, I only book Teppanyaki a few days ahead of time. Everything else, I'll book the same day. It's freestyle, after all!

Could someone please specify what exactly 48 hours in advance means (sadly, the ENTIRE inventory of AE + was booked) for those of us in lowly balcony cabins?

Does that mean if I call at 5:30pm on Monday, I can get 5:30 reservations on Wednesday? Has anybody tried this with success? My impression is that you had to wait until Tuesday morning to book dinner on wednesday.

Thank you for clarifying. That makes sense now. I am a planner so making them for the whole trip will appeal to me even if we make some adjustments along the way. The only question I still have is for the regular dining room, can we reserve that when we get on baord for the week (specific time, request window, request table alone, etc)or is the dining room ONLY first-come , first served?

Just a heads up, that on ships with a small Teppanyaki setup, even suites may not be able to book in advance. We were on Star 12/07 in an AB, and were told that we would have to book Teppanyaki just like anyone else, because there were so few seats (I'm guessing a dozen).

That wasn't acceptable to me at the price I was paying, I made a few calls, and we did get reservations.

Archived