I Will Always Self-assist!!!

kruisin' kim

Just off the Liberty! We self-assisted at debarkation in Miami because we had an early flight, 12:15 in Fort Lauderdale. It went great! We we called off at @ 7:15, was through customs by 7:30, and in our shuttle by 8:00 a.m. We got to the airport 3 hours before our flight! If ever given the choice I will always self-assist. Just keep in mind, the least amount of luggage, the easier it is! We had 5 bags and a guitar case for a family of 4, plus we each had one small carry-on for the plane! I would recommend this to any one who is able!

On our last cruise the self assist was a nightmare!! The line was wrapped around the entire ship.

I havent encountered that problem, the major issue seems to be people going down before they are called.

I just wait in my cabin until they say to come down.

I havent encountered that problem, the major issue seems to be people going down before they are called.

I just wait in my cabin until they say to come down.

Yeah. On our cruise it seemed like everyone was self assisting. Actually over 1200 people I think was the count when we were allowed to cut through. So many peeople missed their flights.

Order of debarkation:

VIP self assist

VIP general debarkation

Regular self assist

Regular general debarkation

On the Miracle a few weeks ago the order went like this:

VIP self assist

Regular self assist

VIP general debarkation

Regular debarkation

I asked why the VIP regulars couldn't go before the regular self assist and was told that our luggage wouldn't be available that quickly.

It took over an hour for the regular self assist and all the VIPs sat in a lounge watching everyone walk by. It was a little frustrating.

On the Miracle a few weeks ago the order went like this:

VIP self assist

Regular self assist

VIP general debarkation

Regular debarkation

I asked why the VIP regulars couldn't go before the regular self assist and was told that our luggage wouldn't be available that quickly.

It took over an hour for the regular self assist and all the VIPs sat in a lounge watching everyone walk by. It was a little frustrating.

The same for us earlier this year on the Miracle. If I would have known the order we would have taken our time getting to the lounge.

On the upside it was comfortable and I have been party to some of those self assist disasters in past. Two many passengers trying to get off at the same time and many of them could not handle the amount of luggage they had.

I don't know why everyone is in such a hurry! Who wants to rush off the ship so they can sit in the airport for 3 hours? :confused:

We intentionally booked a late flight for our return from Glory last month. After a nice, leisurely breakfast, we went up and sat by the aft pool, enjoying our last cup of tea in the sun, reading, all by ourselves.

After being smashed into the back of the glass elevator on Miracle last December by 3 women trying to pull about 12 cases on, holding them for about 5 minutes while they screamed at each other and totally ignored the fact that there were OTHER PEOPLE already on the elevator, I've vowed to avoid that crowd if at all possible.

I'm not in a hurry to get home!

The same for us earlier this year on the Miracle. If I would have known the order we would have taken our time getting to the lounge.

On the upside it was comfortable and I have been party to some of those self assist disasters in past. Two many passengers trying to get off at the same time and many of them could not handle the amount of luggage they had.

The lounge was very comfortable. The only thing I would mention is that on other ships they've had coffee and danish in the lounge for the VIPs while they were waiting. On the Miracle they didn't have anything. I just thought that sitting there with a cup of coffee or juice would have made it just a little nicer.

I don't know why everyone is in such a hurry! Who wants to rush off the ship so they can sit in the airport for 3 hours? :confused:

Ah see? Once we got out of the terminal, we got our car, drove away, and was home in 22 minutes. :D

Thanks for sharing this - I've been a little worried about a 12:45pm flight out of FLL when we sail the Liberty next month. Glad to know it's possible - our limo company told us we would have to do self-assist with our early flight time.

I didn't book it that way but Delta has changed our flights 7 times since Feb. and instead of the 2pm we originally had our options were the 12:45 or 7pm.

Archived