Senior Holland Travel

Has anyone toured with Senior Holland Travel - Wynand Vandiggelen.? He advertises on this page of Cruise Critic. I would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Yes. We used Wynand for 3 full days on our Baltic cruise this month. Two days pre-cruise out of Amsterdam; one South to The Hague & Delft, one to the North to Volendam, Marken, Zaane Schans, etc. Post-cruise he met us back at the ship and drove us down through Belgium to visit an area I wanted to see in Antwerp, lunch/tour Brussels, and finally through Brugge. We'd planned a 2 day post-cruise stay in Brugge and he gave us a wonderful overview, drove around near our hotel area before he left us so that we were well comfortable to tour Brugge on our own the following day. Most helpful to us as one of group uses a wheelchair.

These were excellent days. Well timed and managed and informative. A very fine time. He chose excellent restaurants. His fluent English was most helpful as we went along in restaurants, museums, stores etc. making sure we were understood. We were often well off the tourist track & appreciated that. He also was very flexible and easily incorporated our last minute must-sees into our itinerary.

We enjoyed him and would not hesitate to use him again on our next trip to Amsterdam.

Senior Holland Travel may be a misnomer.......I think many of his clients probably aren't "seniors." He has lots of families who've toured with him.

He was prompt, thorough in our planning emails to tailor our excursions. Don't hesitate to ask a question, make a request, etc, he's very cordial.

Martha

• 1 year later...
Yes. We used Wynand for 3 full days on our Baltic cruise this month. Two days pre-cruise out of Amsterdam; one South to The Hague & Delft, one to the North to Volendam, Marken, Zaane Schans, etc. Post-cruise he met us back at the ship and drove us down through Belgium to visit an area I wanted to see in Antwerp, lunch/tour Brussels, and finally through Brugge. We'd planned a 2 day post-cruise stay in Brugge and he gave us a wonderful overview, drove around near our hotel area before he left us so that we were well comfortable to tour Brugge on our own the following day. Most helpful to us as one of group uses a wheelchair.

These were excellent days. Well timed and managed and informative. A very fine time. He chose excellent restaurants. His fluent English was most helpful as we went along in restaurants, museums, stores etc. making sure we were understood. We were often well off the tourist track & appreciated that. He also was very flexible and easily incorporated our last minute must-sees into our itinerary.

We enjoyed him and would not hesitate to use him again on our next trip to Amsterdam.

Senior Holland Travel may be a misnomer.......I think many of his clients probably aren't "seniors." He has lots of families who've toured with him.

He was prompt, thorough in our planning emails to tailor our excursions. Don't hesitate to ask a question, make a request, etc, he's very cordial.

Martha

How did you contact Senior Holland Travel or Wynand Vandiggelen?

Please don't use this man. We had a one day tour with him in April of 2008. We wanted to see things outside of Amsterdam because we felt we could do the city on our own. We told him what we wanted to see, but left it mostly to him. We booked him almost a year in advance. First off, he arrived at our hotel over an hour late. The concierge tried to call him, but he never answered his cell phone. He blamed it all on traffic. OK, so that is something you can compensate for by leaving a little earlier. He took us to some interesting places, which we had requested (the Keukenhof Gardens, the cheese factory, etc.) and not so good places (a cruise on a lake that was expensive and boring). He rushed us through everything. I had a difficult time keeping up with him and I have no mobility problems. We had him drop us off by the train station (rather than going all the way back to our hotel) in Amsterdam and at that time, he hit us up for extra charges. This was not for the drop off which was closer for him. His tour was not cheap to begin with and we were kind of blindsided by these "extras." We were not happy with him AT ALL. If you do choose to use his services, BUYER BEWARE! I am still angry well over a year later.

Please don't use this man. We had a one day tour with him in April of 2008. We wanted to see things outside of Amsterdam because we felt we could do the city on our own. We told him what we wanted to see, but left it mostly to him. We booked him almost a year in advance. First off, he arrived at our hotel over an hour late. The concierge tried to call him, but he never answered his cell phone. He blamed it all on traffic. OK, so that is something you can compensate for by leaving a little earlier. He took us to some interesting places, which we had requested (the Keukenhof Gardens, the cheese factory, etc.) and not so good places (a cruise on a lake that was expensive and boring). He rushed us through everything. I had a difficult time keeping up with him and I have no mobility problems. We had him drop us off by the train station (rather than going all the way back to our hotel) in Amsterdam and at that time, he hit us up for extra charges. This was not for the drop off which was closer for him. His tour was not cheap to begin with and we were kind of blindsided by these "extras." We were not happy with him AT ALL. If you do choose to use his services, BUYER BEWARE! I am still angry well over a year later.

Thanks for the honest review. I won't even consider using him. I'm quite independent and usually manage well without a tour. Having a guide has advantages, but your experience with this one added too many negatives.

Travelite - Baseed on our experience with him I would say you have made a wise decision. I second tally10's remarks.You should go to the Britsh Isles/Western Europe board becasue most of the info on Amsterdam is there. Ask the experts there to reocmmend a guide. Here is a link that a regular on that board submitted about his guide.

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogsp...amsterdam.html

Archived