Sail and Sign

I am kinda going to work around the system and put my name on my Brothers cabin who will only be 20 at the time of sailing.

(Carnival prevents anyone under 21 staying in a cabin by themselves)

2 Questions:

1.) Can I assign the sail and sign card specifically to him or is the card assigned to the cabin? (which the cabin would be me!!)

2.) Would he be able to purchase alcohol on the ship if it was in his name or the cabin?

All answers from CC members are much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Kris

Your sail and sign will be in your name, and the room key for the cabin you're assigned to. You need to keep your card, but once you get on board go to the Purser's desk, and ask for extra keys to both cabins, so everyone can get to where they need to be.

I am kinda going to work around the system and put my name on my Brothers cabin who will only be 20 at the time of sailing.

(Carnival prevents anyone under 21 staying in a cabin by themselves)

2 Questions:

1.) Can I assign the sail and sign card specifically to him or is the card assigned to the cabin? (which the cabin would be me!!)

2.) Would he be able to purchase alcohol on the ship if it was in his name or the cabin?

All answers from CC members are much appreciated!!!

Thanks

You can have your brother stay in cabin by himself if someone over 25 is also sailing I believe, but this may only be if a parent, I know if a family wants kids in separate room they can do this and also have a underage friend in the cabin- usually they want the other cabin connecting or across the hall. Since he is over 18 you don't need guardian letter. You will want to book both rooms at the same time using you as the contact and responsible party. I know I have booked other family members in their own rooms but they are tied to my reservation.

You will have to have your brother listed in a room to get on board. They take picture of person on card so if you regester for his room he can't use his card to get into that room and you must use your own card to get on and off the boat. If your brother uses your card to purchase alcohol and they find out, they could remove both of you from the ship and book you on a flight home at your expense.

In a nut shell, I'm sure there is a legal and easy way to get your brother a cabin.

Okay, so correct me if I am misunderstanding....

A) His picture will be taken and a sail and sign card will be issued directly to him, so all of his purchases will go directly to him.

B) The sail and sign card also works as a room key. So, if my name is on his cabin, I actually wont be able to get into my real cabin....(but i can go to the pursures(sp?) and have additional room keys made?)

The purchasing of alcohol is my least concern.

C) I actually may be able to put 2 rooms in my name and have in the cabin next to me as my responsibility?

This should be fun to figure out..

Kris

Hmmm. Is anyone else going to be in your cabin? If yes, is the person 25 or older?

If so, you could book the second cabin in that person's name, and book your young brother in your cabin.

Cabin switch after all on board. Problem solved.:)

Archived