How to book open jaws CMH/EZE/FLL/CMH?

biker1972

Greatam or someone else knowlegeable is booking airfare. I want to travel Feb 24, 2009 from CMH to EZE (BA) for arrival 25th (morning). Cruise from BA on March 1 to FLL on March 29. Fly FLL or nearby to CMH on 29th. Can do this thru cruiseline air (less than desireable) for $1123pp using Delta flights 4518 and 101 on Feb 24th and Delta flights 872 and 5872 on March 29th. How do I do better and avoid consolidator tickets?

Use Multi-City function and plug in your desirable travel dates to see what may come up.

You can also go to DL website and again use Multi city function for the identical booking details cruiseline offers you and see what comes up.

When doing open jaw, you need to use multi city function in order to map out the itinerary.

Chances are the cruise air would be cheaper than what you can find yourself by doing multi city itinerary.

Another option is to check the one-way on each direction.

You just have to play this out by doing the trial bookings, and then decide for yourself - whether you can take the risk of the consolidator tickets or pay the higher fare to get a peace of mind.

Greatam or someone else knowlegeable is booking airfare. I want to travel Feb 24, 2009 from CMH to EZE (BA) for arrival 25th (morning). Cruise from BA on March 1 to FLL on March 29. Fly FLL or nearby to CMH on 29th. Can do this thru cruiseline air (less than desireable) for $1123pp using Delta flights 4518 and 101 on Feb 24th and Delta flights 872 and 5872 on March 29th. How do I do better and avoid consolidator tickets?

I can't find you a cheaper price. I can, however, find you a price that is close and is NOT a consolidator ticket. Early flight from CMH to MIA on Delta (CVG/DAY/CAK are a little cheaper). Then a one way ticket from MIA to EZE on Copa-stops in Panama City for a little over an hour. Early morning arrival on the 25th. Total price-$1154.00.

Of course, you loose the cruise ship transfers (which may be worthless if you are staying in EZE a few days before your cruise). And you would have to get to MIA somehow from FLL. And then you would have to pay for excess luggage on the Delta domestic flight.

There are a couple of other options-AirTran flies into Orlando, as does Delta. COPA flies out of Orlando to EZE. Price on AirTran/Delta is $100 less than flying into MIA. BUT when you return, you will have to drive to Orlando to get your flight home. Disney, anyone????

You are bumping up against President's week flights going TO Florida and Spring Break coming home, so air is going to be high. And the cruise line booked their blocks of consolidator tickets AT LEAST a year pre cruise. You may be STUCK with cruise air if you are strictly shopping price. Good luck!!!

Technically this isn't an "Open Jaw". The airlines will sell you an open jaw when the unflown portion is the shorter than the flown segments. ie

CMH-EZE-unflown-FLL-CMH isn't open jaw, whereas

CMH-FLL-unflown-MCO(Orlando)-CMH would be.

Make sense?

Now what you're actually flying is two one ways, and especially for the CMH-EZE segment, quite likely to be pricey. I would suggest doing some searching using an engine like kayak.com or farechase.yahoo.com

Transfers at EZE aren't really necessary...the port is quite close to the downtown area, and if you are staying at the Sheraton, you could almost walk it (well, you know what I mean). Taxis are cheap and plentiful.

Depending on your cruiseline, stock up on Argentine wines for dinner. Even with corkage charges, you'll be getting a bargain on great reds, including Malbec.

Your Copa option through MIA may be the best, You'll have a r/t ticket CMH-MIA and then a one-way from MIA to EZE via PTY. You can earn DL FF miles for all of your segments, or any other SkyTeam program (at least until CO and Copa bolt to Star).

Archived