Crown - Carib Deck Balcony

Gambler458

I just booked a balcony cabin on the Caribe deck. I had the chance to book on the Rivera deck. My question is: can the deck above the caribe deck look right down onto your balcony? Would the Rivera deck be better for privacy? Thanks.

While people can look down on you if you're in the uncovered part of your balcony on Caribe, it's been my observation that few really do hang over the rails and watch those below them for extended periods of time, so I don't think I'd worry about it overmuch. The other thing to consider is that the cabins on Riviera Deck can be below sometimes-noisy public areas, whereas with the Caribe Deck, it's just more cabins above you. If I had to pick between noise and lack of privacy on the balcony, I'd go with the latter.

We have a number of Caribe balcony cabins booked on the Star for a future cruise to Alaska. I had yet to see a photo of an actual Caribe deck balcony. We have not sailed with Princess before. I love the look of the balcon in the photo. Thanks dforeigner for posting the photo. I really like the way the Dolphin deck balcony extends out further than the Caribe deck. This may sound a little crazy but I always have this uneasy feeling when I stand at the rail on the balcony on other ships and can see straight down to the water. A little fear of height and a little "what if I was to fall over in the middle of the night?" This way I will feel the comfort and safety of having the deck below. Hey, I know it is crazy but phobias or phobias. :-)

Dpn't worry about the phobia. It is pretty darn hard to "fall over" any of the balconies. You would really have to try or just be stupid (the two dummies that went overboard on the Grand two years ago out of Galveston):eek:

Just remember your original question was ....can others look down on you?On Caribe you can look straight down to Dolphin deck; but as others have posted, no too many people hang over their balconies, usually just when leaving a port or coming in.:cool:

Thank you for the informative picture, dforeigner. Although I'm not going on a Princess ship, I will be on P&O's Ventura in September. Ventura is an almost-identical sister to Crown & Emerald, and our cabin is on what P&O call 'C deck'.

Archived