Disney World/orlando Hotel???

05mak05

We're arriving in Orlando in late October and would like to stay at Disney World for 4 or 5 nights prior to our cruise. We are traveling with our daughter, son-in-law & grandchildren ages 4 and 2 & 1/2. We're military and can possibly gets rooms at Shades of Green if there is still availability. However, we probably prefer a condo or at least one of the rooms having kitchen facilities. I rely heavily on TripAdvisor in selecting hotels but can't seem to figure out which hotels or condos are the closest to Disney World (other than the obvious.) Suggestions and tips based on past experience is sure appreciated! (And, let me say that in May we stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn in Pt. Canaveral and give it a 10 out of 10. The rates are reasonable, breakfast delicious, room are spacious & clean, staff is so friendly. location is excellent - we loved it!) Now we need to find a property like that close to Disney World. Thanks as I know I'll get a ton of good tips.

All Star Music now has family suites with kitchen facilities.

You can also check out some of the villas at the Wildreness Lodge, and others. Go on the wdw site and plug in your info. It should shoot some decent alternatives back at you.

I'd definitely stay on Disney property. No need to drive/park/shuttle. Their transportation system is fantastic.

Have fun!!

PS: try the disboards for tons of wdw info

We have stayed at the Hawthorn Suites on Palm Parkway the past couple of years. It is just up the road from Downtown Disney, less then a five minute ride. Nice clean big rooms with a sperate bedroom and kitchen facility. In addition, there is a free hot breakfast in the morning and a manger's reception during the evening. The price has been right, around $96 a night for us in April. Pleanty of restaurants of all styles and levels around. Only marginal complaint is the pool can be cool, but they told us they were installing a heater while we were there this past April. We will be staying again this coming year, after staying on site we prefer offsite. However, we have visted friends at Shades of Green and it was very nice.

If you go to the Marriott website you'll see a lot of hotels for LAKE BUENA VISTA, the home city for Disney World. There is a Marriott village nearby that has a Residence Inn as well as the Fairfield and Courtyard.

You may also want to visit http://www.disboards.com for tons of information.

Have a great trip! The Mouse and a cruise all in one vacation.....doesn't get much better than that!

BobK/Orlando

Have a great trip! The Mouse and a cruise all in one vacation.....doesn't get much better than that!

BobK/Orlando

Sure doesn't! However, this year we cruised instead of going to see The Mouse.

Each of the last two years we stayed at Cypress Pointe in LBV. Last year we booked our room through hotel kingdom, a clean, beautiful, 1000+ SqFt, 2 BR condo for $99.12 a night (plus taxes and such, of course.) There are also 1 and 3 BR as well. Perfect condo-like amenities... awesome pools, mini golf, full kitchen, even an in room washer and dryer! The location is great, not on Disney property, but very close to it. Less than 10 minutes away from Downtown Disney. I highly recommend this hotel if you think it fits your plan and your budget.

Do you plan to have a vehicle during your stay in Orlando? Knowing that will help us help you. As someone mentioned already, if you stay on Disney property, you have an amazing transportation system in place and included in your stay. Buses, monorails, boats... Disney rules! Parking my vehicle at Disney parks was $10 a day last year and $9 the year before, so remember that is another cost if you're not staying on property.

Cypress Pointe is the only hotel/resort I have stayed at in Orlando, so I cannot comment on any others. I was very much on the go while there, though... in the 2 years combined we put easy 1200 miles on rental cars, so I feel I am comfortable knowing the area at large. The Palm Parkway hotel mentioned above is also a great location as far as proximity to Disney goes. Its a little closer than my hotel, and as mentioned there's lots of restaurants in that immediate area.

Yes, like the previous post states check; lake Buena Vista. If you can stay on the Disney Property! We have stayed at Shades of Green once. it was wonderful as well as the other hotels are! But availability at Shades of Green like you said is an another story!

Good Luck

Susan

We spent 10 nights at Bonnet Creek Resort this past December. Everything is so new and beautiful. We had a 3 bedroom unit and paid only 900.00 for the entire stay. They have a great pool area and a nice kitchen. We bought our stay through Ebay and everything was as promised. Janice

We typed Bonnet Creek under travel, and bought a stay from a lady who had more points than she could use that year. We've done the same thing for stays at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs and have never had a problem.

• 5 months later...
All Star Music now has family suites with kitchen facilities.

You can also check out some of the villas at the Wildreness Lodge, and others. Go on the wdw site and plug in your info. It should shoot some decent alternatives back at you.

I'd definitely stay on Disney property. No need to drive/park/shuttle. Their transportation system is fantastic.

Have fun!!

PS: try the disboards for tons of wdw info

With kids that young, I would definitely take Sue's advice and stay onsite.

no question it's easier on site. The Disney bus / transport system is excellent. Most of the resort hotels are very nice. The food can get costly but there are many options.

Disney has some great dining plans. Check www.Disboards.com for tips and www.Mousesavers.com for discounts.

I've gotten the All Stars for as little as $49 in shoulder season.

another option at WDW is to rent a timeshare. There are a few locations. The one at Animal Kingdom (at least we felt) was particularly interesting. I am not sure how you acquire them, but we met several people there who were not owners and staying in them. Advantage, they have full kitchens and are right on property and about the same costs as ataying in the hotels.

Archived