Will Rccl Go To Glacier Bay - Maybe??

You better go before all the glaciers melt due to global warming and make Alaska the breadbasket of the world

North Pole ice may completely melt away this summer

from

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080627/iceless_north_080627/20080627?hub=World

This may open up a whole new area of cruising. Russia and Canada are already making plans to build summer ports in the Arctic ocean, expecting that it may be free of sea ice.

Sounds like a great new opportunity for the cruise lines. Maybe they could open a "Polar Cay" area, with snow-slides, toboggans, etc....a CocoCay of the north.

This may open up a whole new area of cruising. Russia and Canada are already making plans to build summer ports in the Arctic ocean, expecting that it may be free of sea ice.

Sounds like a great new opportunity for the cruise lines. Maybe they could open a "Polar Cay" area, with snow-slides, toboggans, etc....a CocoCay of the north.

Would you cruise the

Global Warming and the Northwest Passage

from

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/846647/global_warming_and_the_northwest_passage.html

I would rather not go to Glacier Bay. Lots of whales there, pretty scenery. However the glacier caving is MUCH better at Hubbard.

I went last year to Glacier Bay on Princess and was not pleased with the glacier time. It has been about 10 years since I was there last. It really had changed a LOT. It was very slow compared to Hubbard. The place was alive with whales though. So I guess it will depend on what people want most.

I hope Royal Caribbean can get there; it's an awesome sight.

Here's my (not very good) video of ice calving off at Glacier Bay a few weeks ago--be sure you have your speakers on so you can hear the ice crack:

(Also, in my signature block there's a link to the trip's photo album, which has many still photos of the glaciers.)

Archived