Miami to FLL

christinelee

Could anyone please tell me the easiest, quickest, cheapest way to get from Miami airport to FT. Lauderdale?

Thanks

One way rental car IMHO.

No drop fee and it is only 22 miles, all interstate.

Hertz/Alamo etc.

Depending on car size around $50.

Make the res online and use Costco/AAA/ type discount number. :)

I heard United is canceling flights to FLL. Is it true? With fewer flights offered by United, will this affect the cruise industry in Florida?

Not at all, United used TED mostly to FLL and it has been a flop just like United itself.

United flies mostly into Miami.

Southwest is now picking up in Denver non stop to FLL due to TED folding.

I don't think the FLL flights will have any effect on cruises in S/E Florida. :)

As someone who suggested above the North Amereican Homeport forum and then the East Coast Departures, then Florida departures there is all sorts of that info on that forum. Lately thee seems to be a lot more as United has pulled out. In fact I just went there to look and on page 1 there are a few threads about that. Also all of this craziness has happened to flights I have also been over at the Cruise air board. Lots of valuable info there.

Marilyn

Not at all, United used TED mostly to FLL and it has been a flop just like United itself.

United flies mostly into Miami.

Southwest is now picking up in Denver non stop to FLL due to TED folding.

I don't think the FLL flights will have any effect on cruises in S/E Florida. :)

United is pulling out of FLL all togeather.

United Airlines said it will halt operations at Palm Beach International Airport and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and cut 66 jobs, airline spokesman Jeff Kovick said.

The move comes as United works to cut domestic capacity by 14 percent in the fourth quarter. Earlier this week, United said it will cut 950 pilot jobs. It, like other airlines, has been affected by skyrocketing fuel prices.

The airline has four daily flights at FLL and one at PBIA. Kovick said United will consolidate is South Florida flying at Miami International Airport, where is has five daily flights.

Kovick said the 66 employees affected are customer service representatives. Sixty of those are eligible to seek a transfer through their collective bargaining agreement.

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2008/06/23/daily28.html

AA is ending LAX-FLL on September 6th. Prices into FLL will more than likely increase, and getting an award ticket into FLL now will probably be near to impossible but people will continue to pay and fly into FLL.

The United info is this:

Effective July 2nd, United will no longer be flying into/out of either PBI or FLL. As for PBI they only had one flight a day and FLL only four. I understand Continental will be picking up the slack.

Pia

AA is ending LAX-FLL on September 6th. Prices into FLL will more than likely increase, and getting an award ticket into FLL now will probably be near to impossible but people will continue to pay and fly into FLL.

Where did you hear that AA won't be flying into FLL? If you check their flights for October, you will see that there are at least 1/2 dozen flights from LAX. What they are discontinuing is their NON STOP service from LAX to FLL.

Where did you hear that AA won't be flying into FLL? If you check their flights for October, you will see that there are at least 1/2 dozen flights from LAX. What they are discontinuing is their NON STOP service from LAX to FLL.

Well of course I was talking about the non-stop.. I said LAX-FLL. I didn't say LAX-DFW-FLL did I? :D

As for Colo Cruiser, you just made it sound like they were discontinuing ted there. United Mainline hasn't flown into FLL in years, and now that TED is going away United has decided to leave FLL instead of switching it over to mainline United.

As for Colo Cruiser, you just made it sound like they were discontinuing ted there. United Mainline hasn't flown into FLL in years, and now that TED is going away United has decided to leave FLL instead of switching it over to mainline United.

HUH??

Semantics.

I would have said AA is pulling out if that is what I was implying. Although, AA is cutting a few other flights from FLL as well.

HUH??

I was trying to say that TED has flown into FLL for United for years, and now that TED is being discontinued instead of turning it back over to United Mainline. They are just pulling out of FLL altogether.

Not really accurate regarding prices and availability.

It all depends on where you fly to/from.

I bought 2 AA tickets FLL/DFW/SFO for $240 per person including all taxes and fee, for travelling Sept 2 to Sept 9. Said fares are available thru end of October, from both ends. LAX is just a tad higher. Yes, we lost the direct flights, but you can go one-stop via ORD, DFW, and a couple other airports in between. The daily non-stops FLL/LAX sucked anyway for one is an RedEye flight which we absolutely hate. We have no problem connect thru DFW and actually prefer that - an opportunity to really stretch legs and walk around the terminal to break up the 5+ hours flight if fly non-stop.

The United info is this:

Effective July 2nd, United will no longer be flying into/out of either PBI or FLL. As for PBI they only had one flight a day and FLL only four. I understand Continental will be picking up the slack.

Pia

So far it hasn't happened. I really need to book a CO flight going SOMEWHERE, just so my $2180 credit from a cancelled ticket last year would not expire by July 13th.

I dont see CO picking up ANYTHING out from PBI or FLL, that is meaningful (to the West Coast) to me.

Could anyone please tell me the easiest, quickest, cheapest way to get from Miami airport to FT. Lauderdale?

Thanks

Your best option is a rental car.

We use rental car between FLL / MIA, or even in town Ft.Lauderdale to FLL, at least 4 times or more a year.

There is no one-way drop off fee between MIA and FLL. And when you rent from MIA, your airport surcharge is much LESS than when you rent from FLL because MIA does not have the car rental center like FLL. All rental car companies are located off airport.

Any discount codes from airline website would get you 5% discount, and if you google, you may find other codes that give you 10 to 20%. You just need to spend some time to plug said codes to see which one works the best.

Rental car not only is cheaper, it gives you more freedom than a cruiseline transfer, or the Supershuttle. Of course if one has gazillion pieces of luggages, they wouldn't fit into the trunk of the passenger rental car. Or if someone cannot deal with driving in another city, then they may want to use Supershuttle.

The worst option is the cruiseline transfer.

Tri rail is too, a good way to go.

NO.

Tri-rail has a fixed schedule, and the schedule is not always kept. Tri-rail does NOT stop at airport - the airport and Tri-rail station is CONNECTED VIA A SHUTTLE BUS.

I cannot imagine ordinary cruise passengers who have 2 pieces of big luggages each, can handle the Tri-rail.

If you only have carry-on, Tri-rail could be an option - ONLY IF its schedule fits with your schedule AND PRAY THERE IS NO DELAY because Tri-rail shares track with Amtrack and it is often delayed by Freight Trains!

Archived