Liberty Dining

Just off the Liberty. Dining times are now 6:00 and 8:15 only. We had the Silver Olympian Dining room, it is in the back of the ship and has a bit more motion. I prefered the Golden but could not change tables because we were with a large group.

Just off the Liberty. Dining times are now 6:00 and 8:15 only. We had the Silver Olympian Dining room, it is in the back of the ship and has a bit more motion. I prefered the Golden but could not change tables because we were with a large group.

Was the Silver 6 or 8:15??

We've requested early and I prefer the aft dining room.

TIA!!!

I sailed in Feb 07 on the liberty we were in the Silver Olympian and it had a lot of motion in the back of the silver we asked to be move to the Golden it was much smother and a lot less motion. The Silver was beautiful though.

We just got off of Liberty yesterday, and the early seating (6:00) was in the Golden Olympian and late seating (8:15)was in the Silver Olympian dining room.

This makes no sense. There still are four seatings. Two in each dining room. It would be impossible to accommodate everyone if each room only had one seating.

Straight from CCL's FAQ section, read the last sentence, that explains it all, and then it will make sense.:)

Is there assigned seating in the dining room?

Dining preferences (time, companions) may be requested at time of booking. No requests are guaranteed. By popular request, all our Dining Rooms are now Smoke-Free. Your table assignment will be confirmed at embarkation. Dining times are subject to change:

Main Seating

Breakfast (at Sea)* 7:45 AM

Lunch Noon

Dinner** 6:00 PM

Late Seating

Breakfast (at Sea)* 9:00 AM

Lunch 1:30 PM

Dinner** 8:15 PM

You can also enjoy a continental breakfast in your stateroom until 10:00 AM or a limited breakfast menu on deck. Lunch and dinner are also available bistro-style on the Lido Deck. Spirit-class and Conquest-class ships, as well as the Carnival Splendor, have the added convenience of a reservations-only supper club (nominal fee will apply).

*Breakfast times vary by ship; these times are provided as a general guideline. Please check your daily Capers for exact times.

**We will be transitioning from four sittings (5:45, 6:15, 8:00 or 8:30 PM) to two sittings (6:00 or 8:15 PM) for dinner fleet-wide by Summer 2008. Dining time will be confirmed at embarkation.

I just picked up my tickets from the travel agent and we leave on July 12 on carnival Liberty and our TA said our dining time is 6:15 and there are 4 dining times, so I am assuming they haven't transitioned yet on this particular cruise.

How did you like the new dining times? Also, if you ate in the dining room for breakfast or lunch, do you have to be there at exact times? Did this new concept seem to be well accepted?

The new dining times weren't really any different for us as we always selected the 8:15 late seating anyway. We did not eat breakfast or lunch in the dining room, however, breakfast was from 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. in the Silver Olympian Dining Room on Sea days, and from 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. on port days. Lunch was from 12:30 p.m.-2:00 p.m. on sea days, and they were not open for lunch on port days. Yes, I cheated and looked in my capers that I brought home for that question being as how we didn't eat breakfast or lunch there.:o I guess it was pretty well accepted, I never heard anyone complain about it, like I said, we always preferred the 8:15 time anyway, so again, it was nothing out of the ordinary for us.

I just picked up my tickets from the travel agent and we leave on July 12 on carnival Liberty and our TA said our dining time is 6:15 and there are 4 dining times, so I am assuming they haven't transitioned yet on this particular cruise.
Let us know how it turns out, they had already implemented that change on the Liberty for this cruise, don't think it was a trial thing when it's supposed to be a fleetwide thing by the end of the summer, but who knows? Curious to see how that turns out for ya, keep us posted.:)

There's a possibility that all TAs (probably even some PVPs) who aren't aware of the new dining time changes. OR they just forget to tell new bookings because the old times have been in place for such a lonnnng time.

Seems logical to me that they would have 6pm in both dining rooms, and 8:15 in both dining rooms.;)

We just got our cruise documents for our 9/13 sailing on the Liberty, and it says 8pm, though it doesn't say which dining room (I presume it'll be the Golden Olympian, since we're in the forward part of the ship).

Of course, that can change at any time.

Seems logical to me that they would have 6pm in both dining rooms, and 8:15 in both dining rooms.
That's exactly what they were doing on our cruise this past week, at first I thought it was early in 1 and late in the other, but now after going back and re-reading the capers, there are only 2 seatings, early & late. 6:15 in the Golden and Silver Olympian Dining Rooms, and 8:00 in the Golden and Silver Olympian Dining Rooms. After going back & re-reading my previous post, I see where it looks like I meant early in 1 and late in the other. :o But it's early in both, & late in both, still however, only 2 seating times. Sorry for any confusion, and unintentionally misleading anyone if I did.

There will be two nights of 'production shows' on the cruise, and yes they have it where all passengers are able to see the shows. If you're talking about the late comedy, etc. shows....yes also.

I just booked the Liberty for 11/22 and was asked if I wanted 5:45 or 6:15 for main seating. Double checked my reservation, went to "modify booking" and there are four times listed to select for dinner should I choose to "modify".

Archived