35 Weeks Pregnant

Zaniac

We booked our cruise in January and found out that my wife is now pregnant. She will be just under 35 weeks at the time of sailing. Has anyone ever had an exception to RCCL's 24 week policy?

We booked our cruise in January and found out that my wife is now pregnant. She will be just under 35 weeks at the time of sailing. Has anyone ever had an exception to RCCL's 24 week policy?

HA! You wont get an exception! RCCL would be FAR too afraid of actually having your wife go into labor while cruising.

I think your best bet is to wait till next years itinerary comes out and push your reservations one year ahead.

I am quite sure that no exception would be made. Your wife would not be very comfortable at 35 weeks and would probably not enjoy herself anyway.

I just sailed Celebrity at 30 weeks, we went with the "don't ask, don't tell" method of getting on the ship (their cut off is 23 weeks). I'm not a really skinny girl, and I haven't gained much weight throught this pregnancy, so it was easy to wear baggy clothes and hide the pregnancy. I probably wouldn't risk trying to pass through at 35 weeks, heck one week later I now look really pregnant.

My Dr. was ok with us going and I had a great trip, but he said no to letting me go to Hawaii at 34 weeks.

Thanks everyone, that was my fear but it is no biggie for us to reschedule for next year (2010). Maybe Re-Book on the Oasis of the Seas :D

As always, you all have been great. We welcome the addition to our family and look forward to the day when we can set sail again.

Happy Sailing to all...

D

Thanks everyone, that was my fear but it is no biggie for us to reschedule for next year (2010). Maybe Re-Book on the Oasis of the Seas :D

As always, you all have been great. We welcome the addition to our family and look forward to the day when we can set sail again.

Happy Sailing to all...

D

Good luck to ya!

And WOW you were doing a back 2 back on Liberty. THAT would have been an awesome cruise. :(

But babies are wonderful too. :D Congrats!

. . . bump the trip up for prior to the cutoff?? Maybe have a fall cruise? I would be very bummed if I had to cancel (especially a B2B), so that is what I would try to do if possible.

If not, the baby will be a TON of FUN, too!:)

Guest carlogesualdo
. . . bump the trip up for prior to the cutoff?? Maybe have a fall cruise? I would be very bummed if I had to cancel (especially a B2B), so that is what I would try to do if possible.

If not, the baby will be a TON of FUN, too!:)

That's what I was going to suggest - go early. Have your last bit of fun before you have to worry about losing sleep at night. Temporarily. Especially if this is your first child.

I went into preterm labor at 30 weeks and had to be on medication and bed rest for 7 weeks. I would NOT risk my health or the baby's health by going to sea at 35 weeks. Rebook the cruise, and find a nice land based vacation so that IF there is a problem, you can get to an ER. If this is your first one, I would definitely consider a nice, land based vacation for the time before the baby comes. Trust me, your life will change (for the better). Two places that immediately came to my mind was Las Vegas, and the Hershey spa in Pennsylvania (if you like chocolate, that is). Good luck.

That would've been awesome!

Is this your first child? You never know when they'll arrive! Mine arrived at 1st - 39 weeks, 2nd - 34 weeks, and 3rd was 36 weeks!

Mine came at 27 weeks--very glad I wasn't at sea then! :o

That would've been awesome!

Is this your first child? You never know when they'll arrive! Mine arrived at 1st - 39 weeks, 2nd - 34 weeks, and 3rd was 36 weeks!

My boys both arrived at 36 weeks.....I wonder if babies are born on a cruise ship do they get free cruises on that ship for ever????? Would one have to auto tip for them ??? I am so joking here :p

Congrats on the upcoming arrival :)

Stay home, and reschedule. You will REALLY need R&R after that little sailor arrives, and I guarantee you the grandparents will be more than happy to babysit while you have a second honeymoon!!! But that is a good question to ask...if the baby gets free cruises for life if born on a ship!!!!! Good luck and congrats!:)

We'd scheduled a cruise for our 10th anniversary, and it turned out I was about 36 weeks when the original cruise date came around. We rescheduled to when I was 22-23 weeks and had a great time. The baby loved the music in the shows (kicked along in time), and she slept better than she probably ever has in her life (she's always been very active, from 15 weeks on, and at almost 3 1/2 years old, she's still not completely consistant sleeping through).

In addition to naming it after the Captain or his wife and port charges.....you better read the documents carefully when you get them! There WILL be gratuities charged for the baby if born while onboard! LOL

They'll find ways to make money off it, I'm sure! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to say that my wife miscarried while visiting relatives in Europe with our 3 yo DD. I was unable to speak to them all week and just found out. I do think everything happens for a reason. Our DD is 3 now and this upcoming B2B cruise was really for her as much as us, so it will be both a happy cruise, as well as sad.

Thanks to everyone that responded to this post and I apoligize for the sad news.

I look forward to getting on here more and more as the cruise nears.

Derek

I'm so very sorry. Having been there myself I truly understand and empathize with you. I hope planning for the cruise will be something that helps you both get through this sad time. My thoughts are with you both. Take care!

Thank you everyone, it really is appreciated. I am just waiting for my wife and DD to return home at the end of the month and then we can move forward. I really love this community and appreciate everyone on these boards.

Thanks again,

Derek

Archived