Seattle Port

mimi01

Recently got back from cruising roundtrip on the Star. This was our third time out of Seattle. We arrived at the Port by taxi and one of the guys in our group got one of the Porters with his cart to take our luggage. He immediately took us to the check in door avoiding the line that appeard to be wrapping around the building. We realized that on all our other cruises we would get out of the taxi and roll our luggage to the end of the line and still tip the guys for taking our luggage when we got to the front. I had no idea that we could avoid the wait in line by having them help right away. We of course tipped him well once we realized the process. We couldn't believe we didn't notice this last year. Guess you could call us slow for not catching on until this trip.

Mimi

Recently got back from cruising roundtrip on the Star. This was our third time out of Seattle. We arrived at the Port by taxi and one of the guys in our group got one of the Porters with his cart to take our luggage. He immediately took us to the check in door avoiding the line that appeard to be wrapping around the building. We realized that on all our other cruises we would get out of the taxi and roll our luggage to the end of the line and still tip the guys for taking our luggage when we got to the front. I had no idea that we could avoid the wait in line by having them help right away. We of course tipped him well once we realized the process. We couldn't believe we didn't notice this last year. Guess you could call us slow for not catching on until this trip.

Mimi

We had the same experience in Seattle but for some reason it didn't work for the Crown out of San Juan. That was the worst boarding experience ever. I wonder if it depends on the port. Guess I'll find out in November how things work in FLL. I'll be more watchful now that's for sure!

Thanks for the reminder :)

We had the same experience in Seattle but for some reason it didn't work for the Crown out of San Juan. That was the worst boarding experience ever. I wonder if it depends on the port. Guess I'll find out in November how things work in FLL. I'll be more watchful now that's for sure!

Thanks for the reminder :)

Yes it does depend on the port, each one has its own quirks. :)

Archived